Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I think that it's more likely Atium. Still, it looked like the killer in the prolouge of Alloy of Law had atium, given that he seemed to know where the bullet would come from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Just finished the audiobook version.

I'm so glad they have the same narrator for all of the books so far. I can't imagine Wayne any other way now. Every time they mention Hoid I am curious if he'd have a speaking line or two so I could see if Kramer would use the same accent he does for Wit in Way of Kings, but so far he's just been a random mention.

This book was a real gut punch of an ending. I'm glad that there's not too long of a wait until the next book, because I'd hate to have to wait a year or so for it.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

That sample chapter was awesome and I can't wait for this book. Unfortunately it's still sitting at around 21% on his tracker, and he's proofing a bunch of other books. Still, I know when he does put his mind to this it'll get done quickly.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Either way, that's still something like 30,000 books at his current schedule. I still can't believe he was writing Shadows of Self and found it easier to just write two books at once.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Just finished the audio book and Secret history and I got to that Bands of Mourning was a ton of fun!

(spoilers for both)

The fact that Michael Kramer gives the Southern people a Swedish accent is kind of awesome, but I was really glad to start to see some pieces falling in place. The Secret History was even more chock full of Cosmere facts, including Hoid's name, or at least one of them. I wish we had more of an idea of how Kelsier came back and a little bit more of the history of the southern people, but there's plenty hook left for the last book. Wish it was coming out in a few months like the wait between the last two, but I'll be happy if Oathbringer comes out sooner because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Brandon's newsletter just came out with a preview for the Stormlight novella.

It's called Edgedancer, and it's about Lift. So, if you don't like her...you're not in luck.