Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I am reading mistborn right now. Does the lord ruler story remind anyone else of Jecht's journey in ffx?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I just finished the stormlight archives. I find the amount of resurrection bullshit and I totally expected what happened to Kaladin at the end although I really hoped he'd just stay as an unpowered 'could have had it all, but you had to gently caress it up' guy, I knew he'd get his spren back and at least went for the hope that he would hate himself once he became a lighteyes, and yep at least he hates himself now. He's just a little too much of a gary stu to me. Also the bit where the other people who are dead get resurrected. Really? really? ok, so if anyone dies in the future I won't be worried. Clearly sadeas is coming back from the dead later. It just reads a little too much like... well-written fanfic.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

senae posted:

Wait wait wait, literally anyone thinks that we were supposed to think that Eshonai was supposed to have died?
right:Lightsong is the best character!

Clearly not dead. Just 'out of the game for a bit'

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
IDK if this is a good place for this but, I suppose I'll spoil it since whatever, but I'm about 96% done with the Rhythm of War and lolllll Kaladin finally commits suicide and doesn't die :( he says the fourth ideal instead. Ok god drat it maybe Taravingan will die. Taravingan (sp) finally gets murdered and doesn't die: he .... while being the oldest and most frail man on the planet, being murdered, while his soul is in an alternate dimension, steals the top assassin fittest man in the world's sword and stabs Odium to death with it then becomes Odium????????. I wanted them both to just die.

After spending the last 3 months of my life reading this poo poo, I'm never reading stormlight ever again and not reading more of this poo poo although I will finish the book. I'll probably read a plot summary of the next book when it comes out. This book sucked major rear end and all of these stormlight books could be about half the length they are. gently caress this poo poo. I feel like I'm reading the wheel of time again and giving up on book five. Same problem.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I loved the first one, loved the second one, liked the third one, was all set for the fourth one and am discovering right at the end that I'm not a big fan. Until about 60% of the way I was like 'normally there's a big build up then a satisfying climax' and the build up and climax only happened in the last 15%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ok I had 2 predictions right from the start and one of them was correct (finally finished RoW last night, the last 2% was good):
1: Adolin's shardblade spren would save him in the end. This was 100% correct
2: Rlain would bond the tower's spren and become a bondsmith and save the day. Nope, only humans allowed.

I liked the bit with Wit and Odium at the end, I closed the book thinking 'Wit is hosed'

I don't think I'll trust reviews of the fifth book since only Sanderson fans will read it. Maybe I'll feel like reading it by the time it comes out. Overall, the series was a decent read but ugghhh the fourth book uughh. I'm just so burned out.