Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Weltnarok posted:

So, I just finished Steelheart myself, and what a great ride it was!

I personally was very wrong, thinking that his weakness had something to do with his powers working on dead tissue, but not live tissue. I remember the book specifically saying that the barrel of the gun shot by David's father was sticking into the ashes of the dead security guard. Or, I thought the weakness could have been him being shot through another person or Epic. Maybe I'm just really morbid!

I thought the same, that he'd shot through the first guy so that's why it worked, or because it had blood on the bullet.

Overall, I enjoyed this, but the fake-swearing really got to me. "Idiot" wouldn't have gone out of circulation that fast...

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Oct 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I guess if the steel goes down as far as he says, possibly miles, it would maintain a steady, if somewhat cool, temperature, the whole place basically being one giant heatsink. Maybe geothermal, drawing heat up from the center of the earth.

That said, I may have put more thought into that than Sanderson himself and we should all just agree it's magic.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Misfits did it pretty well.