Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Velius posted:

Especially when it's a post as asinine as the one I called out. "Sanderson has twists in his books. :spoils endings of multiple books: end post." There's no point to it except to gently caress over new readers, because it sure as hell wasn't a discussion of anything.

I don't think we need walls of black everywhere either, but providing some semblance of context to the post before the endings of multiple books is a painless courtesy.

So, as someone who read that without thinking, whose only read the first book, and plans to read the rest, how hosed am I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Fair enough, I just have a terrible history with remembering spoilers. Like, I heard a spoiler for the Final Empire's ending years before hand, and I couldn't forget it.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I finished the first Mistborn book almost seven years ago now, and I've begun reading again in earnest, so I've considered picking up the series again. That said, the way people talking about Mistborn's writing aging, and reading fantasy that has wowed me more in the interim (like the first 3 Malazan books) makes me worried that I will enjoy it significantly less. Part of the reason I am considering it, though, is the number of people that have said that I would love the next two because of Sazed. As someone who studies religions, many friends have said that I remind them of him, at least a when it comes to obsessive discussions on obscure religious practices. Is that enough to warrant the time cost of these books in your mind? Or would I be better reading something else or Sanderson's more recent, polished work?

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Sweet, thanks.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Are the Mistborn Era 1 books worth finishing? I really liked the first one, but I've heard a lot of people say that the next two aren't as good. The one thing that keeps me interested is Sazed, as I really liked his character as someone with a religious studies degree. That said, I would hate to go through hundreds of pages of boring poo poo just for the nuggets of him being a great character. Should I just read the Era 2 books, which I hear are much better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Sanderson posted a blog asking what tabletop game they should make next for Stormlight. I need the RPG to win. Mistborn's is great.