Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I read all 3 Mistborns! I am in awe of this man's story planning skills. Before I read it all I knew was "detailed magic" and "good action scenes" and, um, yeah, that has been handily verified. I thought the first book was fun if kind of fluffy, and got kind of worried with the angsty second one, but man was that 3rd one some nice juicy payoff.

I don't really dig the way he writes dialogue, something about it is too technical and writer-y sounding to come out of people who are supposedly members of an oppressed, uneducated slave class. On the other hand I think I understand where goofy-clown-Mat from The Gathering Storm came from, he'd have fit right in Kelsier's crew.

And I can't count the number of times I wanted to shake Vin and tell her stop whining you're a god-killing physics ninja or take out your goddamn earring.

But this guy sure can plot. I guess I'll check out these ways of kings and elantrises and whatnot.

My only question is why isn't there an Allomancer video game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU