Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
You guys are making Brandon's novels sound better and better to me. At first his novels daunt me because of its size, but knowing they have a punslinger inside them makes me want to read it even more.

So which one's more dense with those kind of jokes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
So does he spend every single second of his life putting words into paper or something? Incredible.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Man, Brandon Sanderson by The Rithmatist had a nice cover. Is that a steampunk horse?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
So I finally finished the first Mistborn book (started June, wandered off because the start bores me) today and it is rather amazing. Few questions though. You can spoil the other two books as you like, I am already too spoiled and would likely forget it anyway.

1) The word 'kandra' appeared on Chapter 19, few chapters before the term is properly introduced and explained. Is this an error? If it's a hint to the true nature of Renoux, it's kind of a weird hint.

2) I don't quite understand how Lord Ruler get younger. If I'm reading it right, Feruchemists can store an attribute, say [age], into a metal. Allomancers, on the other hand, can obtain an attribute from a metal. In the combination of Feruchemy and Allomancy, the metal that is burned would generate a great amount of the stored attribute? As such Lord Ruler have a lot of [age] and thus can constantly becoming younger? Am I getting this right?

3) Kelsier is like the most fun character in the book. He's just the right combination of dick and nice and he makes the other characters better. Nobody in the crew is like him. All the crew is too rational, too realistic. How depressing is the next two books? Or is there any Kelsier-like characters worth a drat in it?

Unrelated to Mistborn: How many words were Legion? It felt absurdly short to me, like a chapter in an 'epic fanfic'.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
How long is The Emperor's Soul? A novellette like Legion or a normal novel like The Final Empire? I want to know if my entertainment will suddenly end in few hours or if it will sustain me for at least a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

PlushCow posted:

It's worth a re-read, you do pick up a lot more. And I just posted in the scifi/fantasy thread that The Way of Kings kindle ebook edition is cheap cheap CHEAP at $2.99 if you want it in a digital form https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003P2WO5E/ for who knows how long.

This discount is not available for Amazon users in Australia :( The available kindle version is 11.64 here.