Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Ah drat, will I be missing out on things if I don't buy that?

Nah don't worry, the books are set in two different universes, you won't miss anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

quiggy posted:

Look at this scrub who doesn't know about the Cosmere :smug:

No, I know about the cosmere, but I didn't want to scare him!

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Xemloth posted:

Waterstones in the UK was selling WoR early so I picked it up on Friday, just finished it and all I can say is it was fantastic. Also near the end there was a visit from the sword from Warbreaker, not something I would have expected

I'll have to buy Warbreaker then!

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Finished Secret History yesterday and immediately looked at Hero of Ages searching for all the references. Sanderson really plans everything ahead.

The next Wax and Wayne book is scheduled for 2017, right? Kinda sad, but I can wait. I think I'll read Warbreaker now, somehow I've skipped that book until now even when I know it's important for the cosmere.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

The biggest twist in the W&W series is that The Alloy of Law is not part of the W&W trilogy, but continues to be a standalone book somehow.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I've been waiting for this book for so long, it's loaded into my kindle, but I can't read it yet because of finals. If it was a shorter book I would read it without feeling guilty, but it's so big I can't :smith:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

After pre-ordering Oathbringer I finally finished it. Though to be fair with myself, Real Life poo poo happened so I didn't read it when it released and then just, didn't. TOR giving away The Way Of Kings made some friends start reading the series so I read them all.

drat the Dalinar flashbacks get dark, though I really liked the conclusion of it in his confrontation against Odium.

Now I kinda want to re-read the rest of the Cosmere lol

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Holy poo poo that Kickstarter is going fast, all the books are already sold so they had to make new version of the tiers that included the book with a 2021 arrival date.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Tunicate posted:

what do the foil cards do?

Looking at the unboxing video in one of those links, they're just variants of normal cards, same abilities but different art.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

The art looks cool at least, I kinda want the game just to have the cards.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Flying ship :woop:

Kal will never be happy, and Lirin is not helping, try to at least say hello before you go all judgmental. I wonder if he knows about Edgedancers and if he does, how many times he will tell Kaladin to become one of them even though it doesn't work that way.

I know multiple characters, and even the narration, called Kaladin Stormblessed in the previous books, especially in Oathbringer, but for himself to choose that as his house name is weird, I thought he didn't like that name, maybe Dalinar or Adolin convinced him to use it?

I don't have a problem with Shallan's multiple personalities, but I wish it was introduced or at least alluded earlier, there was nothing of it in TWoK iirc.

Didn't follow the Oathbringer preview chapters, but I think I'll read these ones, at least for now.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I wish I had the disposable income to get the leatherbound edition, it looks so pretty.

I cannot believe it got so much money, I knew Sanderson was popular but didn't expect it to be so much.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

https://twitter.com/BrandSanderson/status/1293822442998099968

He's already 75% done with Dawnshard.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Other versions of the cover:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Space Butler posted:

Kaladin x Happiness

One day it'll be canon.

Pairings should have at least some basis on the story, yours has none :colbert:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Sanderson did a video about his top 10 favorite video games if anyone is interested in watching that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFZNpT_INmA

Actually a pretty decent, varied list.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

They started uploading the audiobook version of the preview chapters on Brandon Sanderson's YouTube account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?BrandSanderson?videos

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Sab669 posted:

We've got 1 more coming next week, right? Or are they skipping the week before release?

lmao.

Well, you guys called it - and it definitely makes sense. But I'd be lying if I said I was excited for Kaladin's new role to be honest. They can't all be fighters, I guess, but drat. As far as Urithiru goes, my money's still on a giant stone robot thing

And this is why I think Stormlight Archive should get an animated adaptation instead of live action. It's already anime.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I've always thought that a mix of Dishonored's mechanics and classic Assassin's Creed city design would work for a Mistborn game. Immersive sim stealth action game with open level missions and a huge dense open world map where you play as a mistborn of one of the noble houses.

It will never happen though.

Oh yeah, I forgot if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but Sanderson is doing a giveaway of Advance Reading Copies of Rhythm of War on his website, you gotta suscribe to his newsletter and send and email.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Haven't re-read the trilogy but I remember book 2 being the weakest.

Vin is still a teenager, and even if she was an adult it makes sense for her to not act 100% logical about OreSeur eating Kelsier's body, I mean, I would also be freaked out by that

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Time to stop lurking this thread until after I read RoW.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Finished Rhythm of War the other day. Really liked it, my only issues were the flashbacks, I feel like flashbacks this time were added because they're part of the composition of these books, I don't feel like they taught us much, especially compared to the ones in Oathbringer, besides some extra things about Listener's culture, though I loved the last flashback with Eshonai. Maybe keep the flashbacks, but have less of them.

Kelsier being the leader of the Ghostblood is too obvious, though how long ago was Mistborn in the timeline? Because Kelek calls Thaidakar old.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Strumpy posted:

ROW/Mistborn
I think hoid refers to having met Thaidakar on other 'planets' (plural). Most evidence points to it being Kelsier - but the water is muddy enough that there is space for it not to be true

More ROW.

Yeah everything but the old comment points to Kelsier. With Hoid meeting him before and hitting him and lord of scars being the most obvious one.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I should re-read the original Mistborn trilogy I've only read it once, and in Spanish.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

:allears:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Someone made a Stormlight Archive mod for Crusader Kings 3:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2301341163

eke out posted:

let Arkane make Dishonored: Mistborn Edition, imo

Yeah, that's my dream licensed game.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1397975897744027651

What?

Though I guess he has a good relationship with Epic after Infinity Blade.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

External Organs posted:

Lmao. Amazing. Is he just like that card or something else? I don't know fortnite help i am not good at computers

It's a third person shooter, they sell character skins of characters of different media like Avengers, Star Wars, Halo, so they're now adding Mistborn, assuming Kelsier for the quote.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandonsanderson/comments/nmdh02/fortnitemistborn_crossover_teased/gzob4xg/?context=3

So it was because Donald Mustad went "hey wouldn't it be cool if?" so they did it.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1398066493447806981

Kelsier you look like a nerd.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

scary ghost dog posted:

scars should be a lot bigger or more numerous imo

Yeah I agree with this, they make a lot of references about how his forearms are full of scars and while this has some, they're not as visible as you'd think.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Yeah while I still really like RoW it's easily the weakest book in the series, multiple chapters would be cut off and we would lose basically nothing, and the flashback sections was completely unnecessary, in the previous books we learned more about the characters and the world and I feel like we didn't really learn anything new during these.

Especially after the very strong flashbacks of the third book.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Just take Dishonored and change the abilities.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Barreft posted:

He's pushing himself to do too much. Just my opinion but look at this:

Is every dot a different novel or novella, even if they don't have a name tag? Jesus christ.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Sanderson working half day during the holidays is not a break. Especially if you then do a marathon to "catch up" with work.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Yeah, the Kaladin chapters were really strong for me too, for the same reasons.

Adolin is the best though asking him if it was really safe to leave him alone that day.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

https://twitter.com/BrandSanderson/status/1498401408139206660

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandonsan...web2x&context=3

Seems it's nothing to really worry about.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

The mad lad lmao

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

International shipping is just so expensive I'll have to go for the ebooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Livestream started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuLtfMYiYTU