Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cetea
Jun 14, 2013
I love how everyone on this thread is so enthusiastic about his magical systems, he really does make amazing ones.

Oh and on a side note, did anyone actually root for the Lord Ruler in the first book of the Mistborn trilogy? I know I did!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cetea
Jun 14, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Kelsier was such an rear end in a top hat. Charming, yes, but still a huge rear end in a top hat. Enough that sometimes I did root for the Lord Ruler, just a little.

But not too much.

I just like how he was actually thought he was doing the right thing for everyone. Those plaques that he left behind (the ones we got to read in the third book) really fleshed out his character for me. Just goes to show that everything is done with the best of intentions, and no one should really be called inherently evil for anything.

Then again, I have a tendency to root for so called 'evil' characters, as long as they aren't cardboard cutouts.

Cetea fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 17, 2013

Cetea
Jun 14, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Oh, he's totally a villain, but he's one who got there through a route that was entirely understandable. Roads, hell, good intentions, etc.

Kelsier has a similar problem. The difference is that one is painted as the good guy from the beginning, and one is bad, when they're really quite alike in many ways.

That's exactly what I thought too. The two of them had such similar personalities, it's so easy to see their places swapped around if they were in each other's shoes. Oh and I've never heard of Final Empire Prime, I guess I have something to read now!