Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015
Sanderson has said in the settings sections of his BYU lectures that he regards the fundamental change in the WoT world to be a reversal of male to female privilege due to the whole going mad and dieing thing for male chanelers.

Or maybe it's just that Jordan could never get a handle on likeable female characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015

Xenix posted:

I don't think that conflicts with what I said. We know there can be up to 3 Bondsmiths at once and we don't see or hear of anyone else in the world trying to unite people on a grand scale like they were.

Taravangian being one of the other two? And (if they are another player) head of the ghostbloods being the third?a

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015
Well amazon just 'no longer available' d my oathbringer pre-order and offered it to me again with a 17th Nov release for £25 which I'm fairly certain is a few quid more than the old price.

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015
The second trilogy is a pale imitation of the first though. McLellan killed/retired all but one of his excellent pov characters by the end of Autum Republic and then chose not to use Taniel in Unkillable Mad Jack and the Magical Magufin Pillar.

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015
Just don't engage with it.

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015

my bony fealty posted:

now that's simply not true, Lamps also got into slap fights in Cinema Discusso about comic book movies. his effort posts were legit really good and you're doing yourself a disservice not to read them.

How do we filter out the ones where he was a disingenuous snob telling people that they were bad for enjoying the wrong things the wrong way? Because frankly that sounds like a lot of effort.

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015
As a warning, while the first powder mage trilogy is excellent the first book in the second one takes a really big dip (I blame the replacement of two of the major viewpoint characters)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015
86 pct Elsecaller, when even Jasnah thinks you're a bit much.