Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

I pray for a color palette that will not come.

DarkHorse posted:

In a world where regular mages can blow you up with a thought, Alex can... see a few seconds to minutes into the future. You wouldn't think that's much of an advantage, but he's learned to squire that little bit for everything it's worth

It's a pretty powerful ability when you can foretell/see exactly what you need to do in order to survive and outwit the enemy. It's been, like, two years since I've read the series, but I think the only time where Alex really tripped up was when his power got disabled from the monkey's paw.

Leng posted:

Employees of Dragonsteel Entertainment (Sanderson's company) are paid staff.

Beta and gamma readers are not paid, unless they are specifically requested to do an expert's review. For example, 2 of the beta readers for Dawnshard were paid, because they were specifically chosen to make sure that Rysn's POVs and storyline was treated sensitively and accurately portrayed (and you can see this reflected in their feedback in the Kickstarter Dawnshard extras that were released). I imagine that the RoW beta readers with DID were also paid in relation for their feedback on Shallan's arc. Shad of Shadiversity YouTube fame was also paid to consult on accuracy of weapons for Adolin's storyline, etc. I imagine that the surgeons who were beta readers for Kaladin's parts in WoK would also have been paid, and similarly, the fighter pilots for the Skyward books too.

Huh, didn't know that. That's cool. I want to hazard a guess and say that the rest of his staff deals with merchandising (supply chains?), with the man himself running the website, but I also don't know enough about this to assert anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU