Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

So I'm about 160 pages into the first Mistborn and I gotta say, this sounds like a really fun video game.

(The overall setup and the world seems interesting, but the magic... eh, I can just imagine brightly-colored gauges at the corner of the screen showing how much tin Vin has left. You know?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

Finished the first book, starting the second. I'm not sure how I feel about the books - as many people have pointed out, the dialogue's fairly wooden and the characters are nothing to shout about, but I shotgunned that book in two days.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

Okay, so I just finished the Well of Ascension...

Why did Vin give the power of the Well up? She had the power of a god, could stop the mists, could save Elend's life... and she gives it up because Elend wants her to? Yes, I know that something was changing the prophecies in order to MAKE people give it up (so that Ruin, or whatever, could be freed) but I don't exactly understand Vin's motivation when she did give it up.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

I finished Hero of Ages the other day. Badass ending.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

Tahirovic posted:

Very excited about this. Got it on my Kindle, the amazon reviews sound really good, should finish Homage to Catalonia today so I can read this over the long easter weekend.

He has an insane writing speed, aren't we getting Rithmatist II this year too?

Also the second Wax and Wayne Mistborn book in October.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

Reading Bands of Mourning and it's just adorable how Sanderson thinks snogging is a term for sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

Okay...

I'm looking forward to Oathbringer in November, but I haven't read either book since WoR. And I really don't have time to read almost 2,000 pages. What, would you say, is the best recap/synopsis of them? I have seen chapter-by-chapter synopses, but I'm not looking for that level of detail.