Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Haraksha posted:

Just to be more specific on Wit, I felt when he was hurling insults, they were terribly unfunny and often painful to read.

Yeah this, I cringed hard when Wit made that stupid "Me: insults, You: in-sluts" jab. Also whenever Sanderson makes his characters use language that doesn't fit the time period, I start feeling like I'm reading anime fanfiction.

Oh hello trying-too-hard Wit quote:
“Ah, my dear Brightlord Taselin. Still engaged in your experiment to prove a maximum threshold of human idiocy? Good for you! Very empirical of you.”
“Wit, do you have to?”
“Two what, Dalinar? Eyes, hands, or spheres? I’d lend you one of the first, but—by definition—a man can only have one 'I', and if it is given away, who would be Wit then? I’d lend you one of the second, but I fear my simple hands have been digging in the muck far too often to suit one such as you. And if I gave you one of my spheres, what would I spend the remaining one on? I’m quite attached to both of my spheres, you see. Or, well, you can’t see. Would you like to?” He stood up off his chair and reached for his belt.

Oh come on, really?

LentThem fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
“No, no assassins yet,” Wit said, amused. “I guess I’ve already got too much rear end sass of my own.”

Not a whit of wit with Wit