Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

It took me over half the book to get to the point where I minded having to do something else while reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

AMoL, because then you'll finally know how it ends after waiting 20 years.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

treeboy posted:

some of us only started 10 years ago :smug:

The more brandon the better, I feel like there's a ton of really great fantasy out right now from several different authors.

I remember my dad joking about how RJ would die before the series was finished over 10 years ago... :(

I reread the series in the 4 months before TofM arrived, but I'm a fast reader and usually read at least 1-2 hours / day

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Haraksha posted:

The binding always fell apart. Which was a bonus, in a way, because then you no longer had the lovely cover art. It's like the book wanted to be free....

Ya but after the bindings fell apart, eventually all the pages fell apart. Gave me an excuse to pick up the first couple of books in hardcover to match the rest of my set tho.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

the new mistborn book is coming out this year, but its admittedly rather short.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

10k was only the final day, when he basicly wrote for 20 hours straight. His daily goal was 3k or so.
I hope the 10 months he mentioned isn't the planned release date, I hope they do not delay it just for holiday sales, because realisticly who is going to buy this book who doesn't already have the first 13?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

The oath rod is actually a rod of binding which was used on criminals in the age of legend. I think somewhere someone mentions the nine rods of domination which might be the same thing.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Just got a notification that my copy is already in the mail, should arrive tommarow. Maybe amazon is being generous with release day arrival since I thought it wasn't supposed to come out for at least a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

My copy was waiting for me when I got home, so was the one a friend ordered, now I have to choose between finishing my current book and starting this one early. The book itself is just as massive as the last couple of WOT books, and even is thicker than lord of chaos.