Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Sanderson has somehow climbed up near the top of my favorite fantasy author spots, with guys Ive been reading for 10+ years. I found him when he replaced RJ, and have pretty much read everything he's released now. He may not have his greatest strength in characters, but its the overall worlds that he builds that come alive so well that they almost bring the characters to life with them.

As a side note, there were many characters in Mistborn that were incredibly complex and I thought Sanderson got me to care for them over 3 books. Unfortunately, most of those were not "main" characters. He is getting stronger with his character writing though, as can be seen in Stormlight, and the combination is going to make it one killer series.

Honestly at this point I am looking forward to Stormlight 2 more than I am Memory of Light. The first few chapters had me wondering if Sanderson wrote his first flop, and then 1/4th in and I couldn't put the book down until it was finished. Funny enough, it was the same exact way for me with the first WoT book.

JayJay fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU