Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

I actually started with way of kings; followed by the mistborn trilogy and most every other cosmere book afterwords. Since then I've reread WoK right before WoR was released and I noticed that the interludes were far more interesting on the re-read, I'm guessing because I only realized the cosmere deal after i finished the mistborn series and checking out this thread and various cosmere theories.

Even Szeth's tutorial wasn't too bad for me; Kaladin's flash backs were the roughest bits I thought the first time, but I think i just wanted to read more bridgeteam anyways at the time.

But I agree, mistborn as a whole is still probably the way to go for a Sanderson introduction and is what I tell people to go for first.

also, having recently reread alloy of law i'm really looking forward to the next set of mistborn books. Are they supposed to take place in the same time frame and is Wax the main dude? I recall (perhaps erroneously) that it was a side story but I'm not sure how it fits into the mistborn middle age books; it seemed to be leading towards the books dealing with the misting breeding going on and I assume Wax will be around for that going down.

also i enjoyed how the different religions sprung up and how marsh is the steel grim reaper, and how Harmony's prayer rites involved an earring :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU