Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabbott74
Mar 13, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

This book may be good or bad, I have no idea, but the description of it on wikipedia makes it sound loving hilarious:

Oh okay, kind of interesting.

Uh oh.

Hahahahaha.

Shartblade.

Sounds like a videogame I would play.

I wonder if he'll wield the mystical shartblade?

This is border-line trolling.

If you don't like it, gently caress off and go to another thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabbott74
Mar 13, 2006

BananaNutkins posted:

Yea, well, find me a fantasy book that has a good summary. I think the pitch has little to do with the quality of the actual book, and I'm pretty sure that a lot of the times the writer wasn't even involved.

Here's a pitch where the writer WAS involved and it still turned out silly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9usnlWLK7I

My favorite line: "I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs to make the minstrels weep."

This book is anything but silly. Excellently written book; I can't believe that it is his debut novel.

mabbott74
Mar 13, 2006
I know this is the TWoK/TSA thread, but if you are looking for something to read, I would highly recommend The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

You will not be disappointed.