Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

For straight up comedy, try the Ask Mr. Biggs show.

https://www.askmrbiggs.com

Basically, Roger, the meek host, and Mr Biggs, the overbearing, jumpsuit-wearing know-it-all answer questions from callers. The best part is, the calls are actual, real calls to other shows that are edited to fit the show, with the original host removed.

For a good comedy-plus-stories, I can't suggest The Tobolowsky Files enough.

Stories of life, love, and the entertainment industry, as told by character actor, Stephen Tobolowsky. Based off of the 2005 independent film "Stephen Tobolowsky's Birthday Party", this podcast is filled with both serious and hilarious stories, all involving Stephen throughout his life and career. I've finally caught up to the latest episode, and I would easily say that Stephen Tobolowksy is my favourite person that I haven't met yet.

https://www.thetobolowskyfiles.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I posted it earlier on in the thread, but I figure, in case anyone just wants to give it a quick try, I humbly suggest Ask Mr Biggs. I wouldn't repost if it wasn't a fantastic-yet-infrequent-podcast/show.

Two hosts, Roger and Mr Biggs, answer any and all questions regarding pretty much whatever comes up, though it's supposed to be sort of a DIY call in show.

The twist of it is that there are no callers. All calls heard on the show are real people whose call has been edited (and the original host removed) to make it sound like it's part of this show.

I figure I'd post the same 6-minute bit that hooked me, and hopefully you guys will enjoy it. In it, Biggs confuses the hell out of Roger and the poor lady on the line about what will happen with the digital TV switchover (the episode is from 2008).

I didn't make the show, I just loving love it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ONITABAS posted:

I was just about to mention Ask Mr. Biggs again but Rupert did it for me. It is absolutely one of the most bizarrely hilarious things I have ever heard.

Here is my favorite episode, I would venture to say if you don't like this you wouldn't like the podcast:
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/archive.org/download/AskMr.Biggs/biggscast0009.mp3

It's so good.

Anyway, do you have any problems subscribing/downloading their stuff from iTunes? It won't let me get the old episodes from there anymore, and the new one doesn't show up.

EDIT: Oh god, the organ meat one. I've heard them all, but am relistening to the one you posted. Thanks!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My friend Curtis, who did an animation for Comedy and Everything Else earlier this year or late last year, will be on an upcoming episode at the end. Apparently, Dore is getting him to do another 4-minute animation for him.

Curtis is the host of his own podcast, The Curtis and Tara Show. It's not professional, just them, talking about stuff. It has its moments. Episode 45-or-so onward, I do the music.

• Locked thread