Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

Borrego posted:

One of my weekly favorites is Tell 'em Steve-Dave. Now I know a lot of people don't care for the Kevin Smith brand of comedy but you at least have to try this one. The 3 hosts Brian Johnson, Walter Flanagan, and Brian Quinn are amazing and have far better chemistry than Kevin and Scott. Each episode mainly consists of them straight up bull making GBS threads about any random topic,news piece, or hilarious story from their past. I enjoy this podcast leaps and bounds over its parent podcast Smodcast. Where Kevin usually dominates the mic, and almost each scenario he and Scott come up with just end up with a dick sucking punchline. TESD is an excellent listen and I highly recommend it over Smodcast.

Notable episodes are:
Episodes 12 & 13 where the hosts go and interview various long term sellers at the Collingswood flea market. They play a portion of the interviews and then commentate/riff on what was spoken. Highly entertaining and the 2 episodes together clock in at nearly 6 hours, so if you have a long commute like I do, episodes like these are a Godsend.

http://www.smodcast.com/stevedave/

Used to be a huge fan of SModCast but the lack of Mosier talking has gotten old, TESD is absolutely my favorite now. I met Walt and Bryan in Houston when they did their live show, cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Just got around to listening to this week's Never Not Funny and the phone call to Matt's dad was one of the most awkward, funniest things they've done this season.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

jyrka posted:

Anyone else surprised to find out that Doug Benson is 46 years old? I'd have guessed early 30s or something.

He was in Blade Runner!

redz
Sep 19, 2003

I've been listening to season 3 of Never Not Funny and any time they make jokingly yell at Andrew Koenig I feel a little bad. I know it's really far away but I don't want to get to the episodes were he isn't there anymore :(

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Every time I feed my dog I think of Zach. That draws me in more than any song. It's always Fugees and Funyuns.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

NecronSchmecron posted:

I believe it was Greg Fitzsimmons. It was a pretty cringe worthy episode. Some people here liked it. I'm not a fan.

What up, primo buddy :respek:

I actually got to this episode today, it was... polarizing. At first I didn't mind but it just went on and on.

God damnit the more Andrew becomes a part of the show the harder it's going to be. He is funny and always seems to be happy :(

I have been having a backlog of all the other podcasts I listen to, have been binging hard on NNF Primo, starting at season 2.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Anyone else re-up for season 8 of Never Not Funny? I just did mine, going with the video this season because of how much I enjoyed the ton of clips back when monkeygolucky was still around ;(

Speaking of which, I finally finished listening to the backlog and it's like a whole different show without Andrew. Even though I started listening to season 7 before going through the backlog, the show has an entirely different chemistry without Andrew there.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

The best episodes were the ones where Andrew was on mic, in my opinion. Scott Aukerman, Jon Hamm, Janet Varney, Graham Elwood, Pat Francis always make for a great show. I also really like when Jimmy's wife, Danielle Koenig is on the show; but she isn't on the show as much now, compared to how often she used to appear in the earlier seasons.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Steve Slavery posted:

Does anyone know who's been on the pardcastathon so far? or where to find that out?

This is the list from the AST forums:
Rob Corddry
Rich Sommer
Jesse Thorn
Sarah Silverman
Steve Agee
Danielle Fishel (yes, Topanga)
Tom Dreesen
Danielle Koenig
Aimee Mann
Kevin Pollak
Andy Richter "via Skype"
Paul Gilmartin
Jen Kirkman
Paul F. Tompkins
Todd Levin
Graham Elwood
La Bamba
Paul Rust
Tami Sagher
Doug Benson
Greg Behrendt
Mike Schmidt
Dave Holmes

I fell asleep shortly after PFT came out for the 4th time.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

bananasinpajamas posted:

I can't fault Havey for the joke, though. Before Andrew's suicide, Jimmy would say "kill yourself" pretty much every other episode to someone.

There are a handful of moments in seasons 2-6 where I remember feeling incredibly bad because there is some overt reference to suicide and specifically Andrew killing himself. gently caress I really shouldn't have gone back and listened to all of those episodes, it makes the lack of Andrew even worse.

Good episode though, I really hope 2011 is better for the NNF crew.

edit; after relistening Matt definitely stopped it from getting worse by calling Dan (my bad) a junkie. Good times.

redz fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 1, 2011

redz
Sep 19, 2003

NecronSchmecron posted:

They stopped playing it for the most part. I wish they did it more often. I would have loved to have seen Jon Hamm play Judge Jimmy. :(

He couldn't lose.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

NecronSchmecron posted:

Holy Crap, Conan O'Brien is on NNF again! Elliot is releasing the video earlier and earlier this season.

Fuckkkkk yes you just made my night.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

How can you not like Pardo in the episode of DLM with Lithgow?

redz
Sep 19, 2003

soru posted:

Reggie Watts is awesome :)

Seriously, I just got his cd a few weeks ago and I listen to the songs all of the time.

Will Forte on NNF this week!

redz
Sep 19, 2003

shotgunbadger posted:

I'm not a fan of Pardo but yea, if he didn't have two hyenas shrieking in his background every other sentence I could at least listen to it when I hear it's a good episode.

Yea you do realize that T.E. and Elliot speak for about 90 seconds total each episode, right?

bananasinpajamas posted:

Pardo pretty much carried this week's episode with Will Forte. He had to. Forte was just oblivious to everything happening apparently.

Forte definitely seemed out of it. The second half was much funnier but it really just didn't feel like he was in the mood to be there.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

So did anyone else take the latest episode of CDR as them fulfilling the promise of bringing back What's Up Hotdog (for at least one episode)

He still says it in every episode, it never went away. Isn't that the joke?

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Just got home to see a new Never Not Funny, DLM and How Did This Get Made? are up. Great guests on DLM.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Holy poo poo. I just listened to the TESD where Suzanne thinks Brian's birthday is a day earlier than it actually is. Johnson and Quinn are hosed up individuals. Walt too, but in a different way.

Which episode was this?

I love TESD but for some reason I just stopped listening at episode 41. I don't know why, maybe it's because I have been listening way too much NNF or what, but I need to catch up, it looks like I have about 10 episodes to catch up on.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Brian, Walt and Q are all hosed up, be it in varying shapes and forms. I still feel Walt is the most normal, even though in a way he is also the weirdest. It's a great combination either way in my opinion, the best thing to come out of the whole Kevin Smith podcast extravaganza.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Never Not Funny is having an awesome sale at the moment. Gets seasons 1-5 (Plus 4 and 5 on video), which is 178 episodes for the low cost of only $69! (My brotha)

http://pardcast.com/premium.php#springfling

Only for a week, starting yesterday I think.

redz fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 11, 2011

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Came to post about Eardrop, this just sounds amazing.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Eardrop lives up to the hype.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Yannick_B posted:

The UYD mystique, in a nutshell.

I just started listening to UYD. I laughed a lot more than I expected at the first episode.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Jah-nathan's poetry is the best feature of any podcast ever. Also, gently caress Florida.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

nemoulette posted:

She was the first of her tribe. She competed with the warriors of the tribe like she was a warrior herself. She didn't understand women being thought of the ones who care for the home. Her hunting and tracking skills were superb. She was never quite excepted though, until the war broke out between Spanish settlers and her tribe. She gave her life for her people. She fought hard and fierce, but a bullet was put through her. And no matter how strong and courageous she was asked to join the gods. She still dances through the fields where she was killed and plays her flute so that all can hear. The white man calls her flute playing: Wind.

This is the one I was referring to. It was beautiful, and I was driving as well. Thankfully at a stop light, but someone probably saw me laughing my rear end off.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I am just joining the UYD bandwagon after listening to the latest episode. Is it best to just start from episode 1?

As someone who recently started it from the beginning, I would say yes.

habanero walrus posted:

If you're going to start from the beginning, keep in mind that the first 5 or so episodes of UYD are really rough and not indicative of the quality of the rest of the show. It might be a better idea to just skip the first few.

Just start from the beginning, I was laughing out loud during the first episode.

redz fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 23, 2011

redz
Sep 19, 2003

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I disagree, not on the continuity part, but there was a sort of "golden age" of UYD when it was really, really good. I think it's been mentioned here but as I recall it's in the 90-130 area. Craig's House, This Week in Florida, Jah's Poetry, etc.

Speaking of which, they mention their bits being stolen by Howard Stern and Penn and Teller, I assumed they were joking at first but once they mentioned it again I wasn't sure. Do they keep doing these bits or do they change it up?

redz
Sep 19, 2003

big business sloth posted:

Well I realize that my love for other shows with semi-mainstream comedians is tangentially a desire to laugh and participate with the comedy crowd, ie "LOL! I can't believe [they] are sayin' this stuff! I know who that guy is, kinda!" and if they weren't well-known comedians that I follow like a weird family then it might not be QUITE as funny,

but UYD is still growing on me, esp. what I assume to be southern california colloquialisms that don't reach it over here to the NH ("bone down," "a grip of...") even those make it funny.

I have already started incorporating "bone down" into my vocabulary, it has begun to replace "banging around," which I want to say I picked up after listening to a poo poo ton of NNF.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

benito posted:

Tell 'Em Steve Dave this week has Walt trying to explain how viral videos on YouTube are the work of the Illuminati or similar conspiracy. Also, music can apparently make people go out and commit murder.

I think I'm going to have to drop this one.

Sklarboro Country with Amy Poehler was pretty cool, though.

I know everyone thinks Walt is loving crazy, but people need to realize that he is partly that was just for the podcast. While he does have some weird views, they will no doubt take them to the extreme for the sake of comedy.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Scott Aukerman was on the latest episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm for about 10 seconds!

redz
Sep 19, 2003

The Modern Leper posted:

Any pardcast listeners feel uncomfortable when Jimmy started riffing on the jokes he used to tell about the kids who mimicked that movie and lay in the middle of the road? It was going fine, but then he segued to Kurt Cobain

...and feeling sorry for yourself
...and killing yourself
...in front of his wife
...AK-47's sister

You could hear him trying to pull out as he realized he was getting too close, but I still had to pause my iPod and make a quick prayer before I started up again.

I just watched the video and it wasn't bad at all, Danielle didn't react negatively or anything.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

With the return of the freestyle rap segment!

This was definitely my favorite rap battle ever.

I was opening for Dana Glovers and uhhh Childish Bambinos.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

The guests on NNF has been pretty mediocre this season, I know they are trying to expand the guest list but there have only been a handful of episodes that were entertaining throughout the entire thing. Tom Wilson and Ken Marino are the only good new guests imo. Maybe it's just me, as I don't like Andy Kindler or Myq Kaplan.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Holy poo poo the newest NNF with Aisha Tyler is really funny, I wasn't expecting it to be this good. She is hilarious and speaks so fast, I don't think they were ready for her.

"I want you to feel excited and a little uncomfortable, that's what my people do."
"Done."

edit; Someone make a NNF thread

redz fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 11, 2011

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Bunk Rogers posted:

Patrice has died. I find it odd that given the amount of podcasts I go through there was maybe one mention of his stroke.

Yea the only place I read about his stroke was in this forum and I just read that he is dead. What the poo poo. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Can't wait for NNF season 10, they had a streak of great episodes to end the season. Get your finances in order.

• Locked thread