Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

bananasinpajamas posted:

Comedy and Everything Else - http://www.comedyandeverythingelse.libsyn.com/

Jimmy Dore also does a weekly political show on KPFK that is getting funnier every week. http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/jimmy-dore-kpfk-90-7-fm/id329287564

These podcasts are what get me through work. A couple friends and I have started doing a movie quiz show podcast and its been a lot of fun even though it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Edit: Guys, I wanna know who your favorite CDR character is?! I think I'd have to give it to Lil' Gary - Those episodes stand up incredibly well, and no matter how many times I hear them, Lil' Gary cracks me up.

"So you turned the dial of the radio in some guys' van."
"Yup"
"Was it someone famous's van?"
"Naw"
"Alright"
"...Andy Dick."
"It was Andy Dick's van? You're right, I don't think that counts as famous."
"I got Andy Dick's Van experience."

Lil' Gary is the best, followed by Ice T. I cannot get enough of his failed business ventures. I hate that food critic they've had a couple of times though.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie
The latest CDR is amazing. Cake Boss is becoming one of the best.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

The_Rob posted:

I disagree about Scott Aukerman not being funny. Dude makes me laugh quite a bit.He has this super sarcastic comedy style which I love, and I love his overly phony serious moments.

He killed me with "Do you think Aladdin ever watched someone from Jaffar?"

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie
Anyone ever go to the live tapings of Doug Loves Movies? I'd love to know what Elizabeth Shue said about (I'm assuming)Kevin Bacon that they beeped out.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

KillRoy posted:

I like CDR because it lets comedians be funny in a different format than just stand up. I don't really like Todd Glass's comedy that much but he's always funny on CDR. His Soobaorou story was hilarious. Scott Aukerman's stand up isn't that great either but I love his hosting style.

If you like Todd Glass on CDR, you should listen to the first episodes of Comedy and Everything Else. I can't remember at what point he left the show, but he was there for a long time.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

Borrego posted:

Anyone else been playing the Len Maltin game or Build a title thanks to Doug loves movies?
Build a title has spread like a wild fire in my group of friends.

A few friends and I tried doing a movie quiz show podcast and these two games made small appearances. My favorite game that game out of it is the "imdb plot keyword game" You try and guess a movie based on the IMDB plot keywords starting with really broad and getting more obvious.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie
Now I don't want to go to sleep because the new Pod F. Tomkast and the Lithgow episode of Doug Loves movies (also with PFT & Pardo) just dropped.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Is Doug Loves Movies always like this? Great guests with Doug dragging it down with his whole "Ooops, I forgot I am a silly stoner durpa durpa" act.

I think that was more Paul F. Tompkins and Pardo are amazing together. Seriously, those two need some kind of show together.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

NecronSchmecron posted:

This. We need this right now, Mock Scockerman!

Looks like you guys just got your wish. Although I don't see Nick Kroll on the list, so no Bobby Bottleservice.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie
New CDR went up early this morning and it's one of the best episodes I've heard so far. I had to pause it at work from laughing too hard. Heaven sounds so awesome.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie
Oh hey, listened to the Besser Sklarbro Country and discovered Asssscat! has a podcast. Time to find out how it works with audio only.

P.S. Puss pumping makes me giggle like a girl.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

I got so excited when Miles Archer mentioned Kanye East on the Cyber Thug 2. I can't wait until Besser is on this show.

edit: Also wasn't that into the Glitter in the Garbage, but I can see the potential. Hope it steps up.

I didn't like the "skits" from Glitter in the Garbage, but I enjoyed Maya Angelou and his bitching about The Middle or whatever that show was called. Who Charted is awesome though, although I do hope they play more Dragonboy Suede next time.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie
Lil Gary :(

edit: oh thank god

COMPUTER SECRETS fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 28, 2010

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

bananasinpajamas posted:

Who Charted? is my new favorite podcast. Every episode has been gold.

It's definitely joined the list of Podcasts I listen to immediately along with CDR-R, Doug Loves Movies, & Radiolab. The episode with Matt Besser had me giggling the entire time. (I hope he did not commit NCAA violations by messaging potential Arkansas recruits and offering them tickets to UCB though :()

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

Strange Matter posted:

Brett Gelman is the best non-character CDR guest. Although to a certain extent his character is Brett Gelman. His moral outrage at "Is This News Story Real or False?" and frantic backpeddling during the ending of "Would You Rather?" utterly ruined me.

I'm glad he's unbanned now. Though for how long?!

I've been going back and listening to older episodes, and he does great characters too. One of the first episodes had him as Gandolfini and Billy Chrystal and were way funnier than I remember. Gelman has definitely become one of my favorite guests.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

NecronSchmecron posted:

Though I disagree with your view on Jimmy Pardo, this is exactly the reason I love Reggie Watts. One of my favorite bits was when he did the opening and closing themes for Harris' Phone Corner. Drastically different from each other. The end theme sounded like it was from outer space or something.

I would kill for a 10 minute version of the opening theme for Phone/Foam Corner

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

"@thomaslennon: CDR fans. Just got word from the Texas border patrol that Li'l Gary may have entered the state, despite their efforts. #hesnotfood"

This is better than getting an iPad for my birthday.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie
Anyone else having trouble with eardrop? I can't get it to download on my iphone. Tells me it can't be played on my device.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

The_Rob posted:

Eardrop isn't working on my phone either, and I am using the earwolf app.

I couldn't get it to work in the app either, but it finally downloaded through itunes. I also couldn't believe how good those Sheen impressions were. I had to go back to make sure that wasn't actually Charlie.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

Mr. Kennedy posted:

im really interested in this. Im new to the iphone 4, but i havent found a way to subscribe or favorite the podcast i listen to, i just have to relook them up everytime on itunes and go from here. There is no other way, right?

I just got into comedy death ray radio and im loving it. Gets me through the work day much easier tham music does. Time flies.

Ive heard good things about the Ricky Gervais stuff, would any one recommend that or anything similar to it?

You can subscribe in iTunes and then sync your podcasts. It's the only reason I ever sync.

Is there a good iPad app for podcasts that's free? I've gone on a spending spree since I've gotten it and I don't want to buy any more apps for awhil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

LITERALLY MAD IRL posted:

I would say there is a 100% chance of it wearing thin within the first ten minutes.

He could read ibrain every episode and I would listen every week.

• Locked thread