Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

Teepkick Shakur posted:

If you havent had the opportunity to listen to WTF the 200th episode is absolutely the best episode to listen to in order to get into the show.

I concur this, especially because of the brief montage of past WTF interviews at the very end. It reminded me of the infamous Mencia episode, when it played the part where he makes a thinly-veiled threat to anyone who badmouths him. Dude is messed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Just bought my ticket to see Greg Proops record The Smartest Man in the World in Cleveland on Thursday :dance: Really looking forward to it, it's one of my favorite podcasts, and I was hoping he would record one while he was in town this weekend.

As far as Marc Maron is concerned, his latest material is worth checking out. I saw him live about a month ago, and he put on a really good show. It helped that he opened with the story of his flight on the way here.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

Hocus Pocus posted:

:siren: Norm Watch! :siren:

I feel like he should already have been on... He hasn't has he? Should be great either way.

He posted a preview clip where Norm talks about his gambling addiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6B8zRh-9X4

This one should be a doozy.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

LesterGroans posted:

Eh...I just listened to it and Glaser came off a little worse to me than Holmes did. I liked that it actually developed into some conversation about the topic and the awkwardness that happened, but I understand why Holmes brought it up originally and he was pretty quickly and sincerely apologetic when he thought he came off like an rear end in a top hat.

I don't think bringing up getting the e-trade thing was assholish--especially when he thought Glaser was cool with it and they could discuss it--I think Glaser came off as super defensive and "made it weird" on his own. That being said, he seemed to get over it and move on really quickly from an obviously struck nerve.

Yeah, I find Glaser tends to be weird on podcasts. I remember during his WTF interview he spent half the time eating sausage. Ugh, I hate that poo poo.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Just saw on Dave Anthony's twitter that Walking the Room is back from hiatus. Should be interesting to hear what Greg has to say.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

FitFortDanga posted:

Anyone know if Dana Gould Hour is finished or just on hiatus? It's been 3 months :(

He tweeted sometime last week there should be one out soon, but yeah, he doesn't really follow a schedule for releasing the podcast. Which is fine by me as long as they're still quality.

Mst3kmann fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 4, 2013

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
In other Walking the Room news, Dave Grohl wore a Gas Can Squirrel Beer shirt on Letterman last night.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Final Walking the Room is up now.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
The Walking the Room episode with Besser is good at pointing out what a hyper-confrontational douche he is. Like, he's on a "picking fights with people on the street" level of confrontational.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
So lately, I've been re-listening to the whole run of Walking the Room. First off, if you haven't listened to it yet, do so. If you have listened to it, give it another listen like I have. Quite possibly my favorite podcast ever.

Second, I was listening to an episode where they had Jonah Ray as a guest (Greg and Dave only had guests occasionally). They were talking about how celebrities who have a nice persona aren't necessarily always nice in person. Then, out of nowhere, they mention how (paraphrasing) they wonder when the stuff about Bill Cosby won't come out until after he's gone. This was in 2011, BTW. Retrospectively, there's no question what they're talking about. Honestly wasn't too surprised, considering that when the serial rapes became public knowledge, Dave tweeted that it was an open secret in the industry.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Part of me wants to see Hillary Clinton lose the nomination to Sanders, just so we can hear the epic meltdown that Greg Proops would have. He might be more pro-Hillary than Hillary.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I haven't listened to his show in months, is it still just him reeling off audience gifts for an hour and then angrily stumping for HRC?

I haven't been listening as much lately, but yes, more or less. There are still parts of it that I enjoy listening to, and I've never been bothered by The Boring Preachy Part, but I totally get where you're coming from.

I'd suggest listening to an episode just to see how far gone he's become about Hillary. He's definitely the type of supporter that is completely unwilling to accept that there are legitimate criticisms about her, and if you don't like her it's because you're a misogynist. I get that he's a comedian and he'll exaggerate for effect, but his hyper-defensiveness seems quite genuine.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

As someone who would have preferred if Hillary had won the election, Proops was so insufferably pro-Clinton that I'm going to listen just to hear how crushed he is.

Listened to the episode, and his reaction was to blame everybody else except, you know, Hillary herself. It started off as a typical episode for a while, but once he compared Trump to his abusive father (which I'm not even sure if he's talked about on stage before), it was off to the races.

If you're looking for any sort of introspection or humility after losing, you won't find it.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Dana's "I can get along with both sides" schtick would have more weight if he didn't have the same token Republican every time, although Mike Murphy was actually relevant in this case considering he ran Jeb's Super PAC, and thus, thoroughly got his rear end beat by Trump.

I definitely wish he would have gotten Dave Anthony for this as well, but who knows if he'd even be willing to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Wasn't he doing one in loving Burlington, Vermont? Bet that went over really well.

• Locked thread