Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Kin posted:

That's the problem with most of them. Your farm ends up getting so big that you simply spend all of your time farming the damned thing instead of enjoying the benefits you're getting (loadsa cash).

You should be able to hire minions and begin your farmland domination as you take over the whole countryside.

What we need is something that starts out like Harvest Moon but ends up growing into what Theme Farm would be like.

In Animal Parade you're able to get your spouse and 2 kids to do chores for you, but it can take quite a while to get to the point where you have 2 grown children. I stopped playing Animal Parade partway through my second pregnancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I'm thinking I should just get with Mana, because she's sorta given me a purpose in life, so I may as well pay her back by impregnating her with my seed. Plus, she's a real daddy's girl, so that must equate to fun in the sack. Best of all, her gifts are the easiest, being Pink Turnips.

Then again, Julia likes carrots, and perhaps marrying her means discounts for the spa house? I'm gonna have to look into that. (Ugh, but her birthday gift is in a few days, and 4000+G.)

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I know who you're talking about, and I'm going for her too :pervert:

How exactly does she continue to be a servant if you marry her?

I read online that she continues to work in the mansion after you're married.

Julet Esqu posted:

If this is the HM I'm thinking of, then marry the rich chick. Then you get to be in-laws with Max. :3:

Where's the benefit in that? I don't want to have to be reminded the guy's name every day.

Plus, her gifts seem hard to get, and I'd have to abuse an exploit to make it worthwhile.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Revol posted:

Where's the benefit in that?

I say this honestly, without hyperbole; Max is the best character in any Harvest Moon game, ever.

Quetzal-Coital
Mar 7, 2003

Vakal posted:

I could never bring myself to marry Mist in the two RF games. It always felt you were trying to get with a high-functioning retarded girl.

This had me rolling. She really is.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

I guess exploit was a bit too harsh of a word. Basically all it is to get Rosalind's gift, you do a quest for Mana that asks you to go fetch a lucky clover or something. Instead of giving it to Mana, give the clover to Rosalind and drop the quest after. Rinse and repeat. :shobon:

But Max is really pretty hilarious. People tend to wonder what the hell is wrong with him when first meeting him but then you realize that him and the entire family is pretty great/amusing. He also recognizes you as a brother in law after you marry his sister, whereas if you marry any of the other girls no one's dialogue will really change as such.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Bunch of freeloaders in this thread.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I could never get into the SNES version. Half the fun is chasing a girlfriend and when you've got unlimited time & unlimited respawning items it's just a mindless grind running back and forth until she loves you.

Played the hell out of N64 & FOMT though. Played A Wonderful Life...couldn't get into it. Camera messed me up, I ended up playing just to get the endings and did virtually no farming.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Ka0 posted:

Bunch of freeloaders in this thread.

Huh?

oldskool posted:

I could never get into the SNES version. Half the fun is chasing a girlfriend and when you've got unlimited time & unlimited respawning items it's just a mindless grind running back and forth until she loves you.

Played the hell out of N64 & FOMT though. Played A Wonderful Life...couldn't get into it. Camera messed me up, I ended up playing just to get the endings and did virtually no farming.

It's already been said once in this thread, but what sets the SNES version ahead of all the others is this charm that has never been recreated before. It's the art, the music, the characters.. they just got all that right the very first time. The latter games all helped upgrade the gameplay, but the charm was never quite right.

N64 was a close second on the charm, but it was essentially a 3D SNES game in many regards there.

I don't think I ever really played FOMT, so I can't comment on that.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Revol posted:

I read online that she continues to work in the mansion after you're married.

Wow, that sucks, thanks for the heads up. I'm going for the retard then :downs:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oldskool posted:

Unlimited time my rear end, Eve was the only one you could do this with. Though admittedly you could also abuse the Yes/No glitch and agree with a chick a million times in one day and you could buy the Blue Feather as soon as you got your house upgrade. It's pretty impossible to get a 999 ranch score, though; the highest I ever got was the low-900s.

Incidentally, the reincarnation of Eve in HM64 was the only one you could abuse a similar evening glitch with.

Honestly, my favorite is HM64. I just wish they'd remake that, and maybe add in one or two really secret things. I've found all the secrets there are to find (unless Rick improves his teleportation machine) gotten a full album, etc. but it's still fun as hell. And something about the world's art is unparalleled even by these new-fangled HM games.

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Incidentally, the reincarnation of Eve in HM64 was the only one you could abuse a similar evening glitch with.

Oh yeah, the easiest way to woo Karen was to show her your dog a zillion times.

And freeloaders? Pretty sure I posted that nintendo week link a few posts before you, Ka0. :sweatdrop:

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I'm around the 3rd of Summer on RF2, and I'm getting loving bored already. I cannot understand why they lock off so much of the game until you have your child. I can barely go anywhere in the seasonal areas, I can't craft, I can't cook. All I can do is farm, which seems to net me money easier than I would have expected. I can fight monsters, but I see no reason for me to just fight them. I can tame them, but I don't really feel the need for help on my farm. And I can go after the ladies, but.. eh.. it's all just boring.

Rune Factory: Frontier, on the other hand, stayed interesting for quite a while. I had reasons to go to the seasonal areas, to upgrade my equipment, for one.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Revol posted:

I'm around the 3rd of Summer on RF2, and I'm getting loving bored already. I cannot understand why they lock off so much of the game until you have your child.

Even then, there just isn't a lot to see. Well, I guess I never finished all four dungeons so maybe there's some mysterious poo poo even deeper in them, but still. Rune Factory 1 handled progression smartly, but had the glaring flaw of season-specific dungeons. I guess you could argue that the point is to grind your skills up because your child retains those levels?

Also, there was that HM SNES LP, and the guy managed to get his wife to leave him, but he was so deep into his story that it would've been too fourth wall-breaking to talk about game mechanics. How does that all work?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

The White Dragon posted:

Also, there was that HM SNES LP, and the guy managed to get his wife to leave him, but he was so deep into his story that it would've been too fourth wall-breaking to talk about game mechanics. How does that all work?

If I remember the SNES Harvest Moon right, you lost some affection with your wife every day you came home to end that day too late (after she had already gone to bed). I'm not sure if it had other ways to lose affection, like forgetting your anniversary, or birthdays, stuff like that.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Yay! A new Harvest Moon thread!

I think I'm going to go play Animal Parade again after this, it's actually pretty fun. I don't know who I want to marry though, either the awesome island girl or the bartender's daughter. I'm up to the last bell so I'm just running around trying to get people to like me and also make enough money to upgrade my tools and keep my animals alive.

And Wind Bazaar, should I get it when it comes out? I haven't heard many good thing about it, but I'd kind of like to move on from the original DS game.

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010

AG3 posted:

If I remember the SNES Harvest Moon right, you lost some affection with your wife every day you came home to end that day too late (after she had already gone to bed). I'm not sure if it had other ways to lose affection, like forgetting your anniversary, or birthdays, stuff like that.

You can give people weeds to lower your affection I think. In the later games characters just have items they hate in general that will lower your friendship.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Fishylungs posted:

Yay! A new Harvest Moon thread!

I think I'm going to go play Animal Parade again after this, it's actually pretty fun. I don't know who I want to marry though, either the awesome island girl or the bartender's daughter. I'm up to the last bell so I'm just running around trying to get people to like me and also make enough money to upgrade my tools and keep my animals alive.

And Wind Bazaar, should I get it when it comes out? I haven't heard many good thing about it, but I'd kind of like to move on from the original DS game.

Play as a girl and marry the Wizard!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I think the one thing that annoys the poo poo out of me with Magical Melody is that so much poo poo is unavailable unless you make plenty of the townsfolk happy.

I jut got Friends of Mineral town and I am enjoying it immensely. I just wish mining in it wasn't so tedious.

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!

blackguy32 posted:

I think the one thing that annoys the poo poo out of me with Magical Melody is that so much poo poo is unavailable unless you make plenty of the townsfolk happy.

I jut got Friends of Mineral town and I am enjoying it immensely. I just wish mining in it wasn't so tedious.

The horrible thing about mining is (even if you use savegames to cheat the system to find the stairs in one go) sometimes there AREN'T stairs on the next level no matter what you do. So to guarantee getting to the bottom of the mine you have to use both saves on the cartridge. Or you could just use savestates if you're emulating I suppose.

Even so, that's not cool Natsume.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

CarnivorousThing posted:

Play as a girl and marry the Wizard!

If I was going to play as a girl I'd marry Toby because he's cool, or Chase because he's clearly gay. :3:

I kind of wish I could just marry Ann, she was always my go-to wife. Popourri once, but that sucked.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Fishylungs posted:

I kind of wish I could just marry Ann, she was always my go-to wife. Popourri once, but that sucked.

Only guys who are lying to themselves about their sexuality would marry Popourri. It's time to come out of the closet, Fishylungs.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Ganty posted:

The horrible thing about mining is (even if you use savegames to cheat the system to find the stairs in one go) sometimes there AREN'T stairs on the next level no matter what you do. So to guarantee getting to the bottom of the mine you have to use both saves on the cartridge. Or you could just use savestates if you're emulating I suppose.

Even so, that's not cool Natsume.

This was the only horrible part of FoMT and it took me half a week to complete. The spring mine's teleport stone was worth it though, so were the green hyper-tools and selling mythic stones.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
Huh. Harvest Moon thread.

I played FoMT for a loooong time, then I lost the game.

Then I got a new one and started playing it again, and I just couldn't do it, I couldn't grind through it all again. My main cashflow was peppers in fall.

Then I got the first rune factory and harvest moon ds, played both for a while, eventually stopped with harvest moon ds. I'd still play rune factory, but It's spring 1 and I'm at the winter only dungeon with every non dungeon thing done (Also married the bath girl and no longer have bath access). :suicide:

I got rune factory 2 and played that, but it's not even the end of year one and I'm bored out of my mind because you can't do anything until you have your child (I married Julie, have a thing for the bath house ladies.)

Now I've got Frontier, and I loved the heck out of that, except I've run into basically nothing to do because the dungeon monster scaling is a bit to quick compared to how fast you can level up. (Also runeys :suicide:)

But overall I love the series. Yep.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

64bitrobot posted:

(Also married the bath girl and no longer have bath access). :suicide:

thread is now about who do you marry in harvest moon

I went for the bath-house chick in RF1, but went with Dorothy in RF2 because she was the only one who wasn't too ditzy, or just plain retarded (i.e., Mana).

In normal HM, I tend to go with Ellen/Ellie, I have a thing for chicks with brown hair in real life.

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009

Revol posted:

Only guys who are lying to themselves about their sexuality would marry Popourri. It's time to come out of the closet, Fishylungs.

What does it mean if you are a girl and marry Popuri? :ohdear:

She was the first girl I ever actually married (in FOMT), but in Back to Nature I went for Mary. I don't even know why I married Popuri, except that it was easy to give her eggs every day - I thought she was vapid and childish (but so cute!) Mary and Karen were the best bachelorettes.

MFOMT was the doctor of course. In Animal Parade, I don't know who I'll marry but according to the fogu.com forums (which are atrocious, don't go there unless you absolutely have to) the Wizard and Chase are by far the most popular bachelors.

Speaking of Fogu, even if the forums are populated by 12 year old girls who write yaoi fanfic about the characters, the main site is pretty good if you need help with something.
http://fogu.com/hm

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

See, I always went for Gray when I could play as my own gender. I feel like girls get a bit gypped though, sometimes there are only 1-2 guys per game that I would try to marry. With Sunshine Islands, only Will and Vaughn seemed likable and not horribly young.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

naptalan posted:

What does it mean if you are a girl and marry Popuri? :ohdear:

Popuri means you're a full-on hard-core lesbian. You are butch, but you like a really feminine partner.

Karen is the opposite; you are the Portia de Rossi to her Ellen Degeneres.

Mary means the two of you are more just experimenting. You aren't sure what you are concerning your sexuality. I would want to see pictures.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

AG3 posted:

The best part about this is when I was little I thought my best friend was a pathological liar because she kept telling me how she totally got her wife to leave her in Harvest Moon and killed off her cows.

Whoops! :v:

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

PhantomZero posted:

So hands down, what is everyone's favorite DS harvest moon game? I just picked up a DS and my handheld collection is not complete without a harvest moon game.

I've got to say the first one. Unfortunately, it is riddled with bugs that make it almost unplayable at some points, (although reading this thread I guess these are fixed) but I really prefer moving with the DPAD rather than using the stylus and also the 2D graphics. It also has a lot more 'pure' gameplay than the other ones on the DS do, and it's basically just a DS version of FoMT, my favorite Harvest Moon, but on the DS.

For some reason I can never get into the 3D ones. Maybe it's due to my bad experiences with Animal Crossing, which I thought sounded like the greatest game ever till I played it and the execution was subpar to Harvest Moon. I think mostly though it's because the 2D stuff has a real clean, cute charm to them that the 3D ones lack. Especially on the DS, at least. The PS1/n64 ones were fine and a few of the PS2/ Gamecube ones were alright. (I can't stand the Wii ones either though...)

On that note, Twin Villages looks fantastic and gives me hope in 3D handheld Harvest Moon.

Also, RE: A Wonderful Life, yeah, that has to be one of the worst HM games. I think it was my first experience with the series, and it was both good and bad. First of all, the game is actually kind of wonderful when you start playing it. But it is very storyline focused, and forces an ending on you within like a year or two. And it has no marriages / courting (although it kinda has storylines to make up for that.) It's horrible because you get a really decent HM game and then it turns out to be one big cocktease. And that is why I will forever hate it.

bomblol fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 23, 2010

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

PoisonedV posted:

Also, RE: A Wonderful Life, yeah, that has to be one of the worst HM games. I think it was my first experience with the series, and it was both good and bad. First of all, the game is actually kind of wonderful when you start playing it. But it is very storyline focused, and forces an ending on you within like a year or two. And it has no marriages / courting (although it kinda has storylines to make up for that.) It's horrible because you get a really decent HM game and then it turns out to be one big cocktease. And that is why I will forever hate it.
What your are talking about is Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland on the PS2 and it's the only game like that. A Wondeful Life is a different game.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
All I want is a simple stable HM game with no gimmicks and an rear end ton of dialog. Being able to waste my time washing my cow in some horrific touch screen thing or some dumb cumbersome plot does not justify the marriage prospects having one line of dialog per level. I've tried playing several post-64/FoMT iterations and they are all just so bad.

I hope Twin Villages will be good but I'm sure it will have some deal breaker

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
It's weird, I remember having a hell of a lot of fun playing HM64, but then I got Rune Factory because (at the time) everybody said it was the best HM game to get on the DS. I finished the game to justify my purchase, but at every turn I would get pissed off by some really stupid game mechanic. Farming was basically pointless, since the very first cave was perma-spring with no disasters and strawberries were by far the most efficient crop. So there was no reason to use your main farm unless you needed a specific seasonal crop, but even then the caves were a better choice. Combat was boring and the crafting system was complete pile of poo poo. So many of those items were useless, mislabeled, and/or disorganized that I just looked up a FAQ to tell me what each item actually did before wasting crafting components. There were a ton of items that were the first recipes you learned but couldn't be made because a component didn't drop until the last dungeon, by which time you had way better items. Dialogue in the game was completely retarded and most of the music was grating as hell. It was like they had 20 groups design independent parts of the game with no contact to each other, then slapped it all together and called it a day.

Uh, I'll just stop my rant there. All I wanna know is if I should bother playing another DS HM game. I played a little bit of RF2, but it seemed like more of the same. Should I just give up on the series and hope that Minecraft ends up with a robust farming system?

Also the only consideration that should be made for marriage is which girl looks like she's actually past puberty, which is usually only one or two of them you sickos :colbert:

Shiny Penny
Feb 1, 2009
Oh hey a HM thread! There are so many I didn't know about and now want to purchase and play :psyduck: There are not enough hours in the day for me to waste my time petting cows and running to obscure corners of the map for wooing items...

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009

Zenzirouj posted:

It's weird, I remember having a hell of a lot of fun playing HM64, but then I got Rune Factory because (at the time) everybody said it was the best HM game to get on the DS. I finished the game to justify my purchase, but at every turn I would get pissed off by some really stupid game mechanic. Farming was basically pointless, since the very first cave was perma-spring with no disasters and strawberries were by far the most efficient crop. So there was no reason to use your main farm unless you needed a specific seasonal crop, but even then the caves were a better choice. Combat was boring and the crafting system was complete pile of poo poo. So many of those items were useless, mislabeled, and/or disorganized that I just looked up a FAQ to tell me what each item actually did before wasting crafting components. There were a ton of items that were the first recipes you learned but couldn't be made because a component didn't drop until the last dungeon, by which time you had way better items. Dialogue in the game was completely retarded and most of the music was grating as hell. It was like they had 20 groups design independent parts of the game with no contact to each other, then slapped it all together and called it a day.

Uh, I'll just stop my rant there. All I wanna know is if I should bother playing another DS HM game. I played a little bit of RF2, but it seemed like more of the same. Should I just give up on the series and hope that Minecraft ends up with a robust farming system?

Rune Factory is pretty different from regular HM titles. Only the RF games have combat and dungeons so if those were your main complaints you should try one of the regular games.

Friends of Mineral Town for GBA is a favourite title of many people if you're willing to go back a generation and I've heard it compared to HM64 a lot (most of the characters are the same, but play different roles). Otherwise I'd recommend Harvest Moon DS Cute (because most copies of Harvest Moon DS are very buggy, but you CAN get a fixed copy if you'd rather play as a dude) or Sunshine Islands, but both have game mechanics that piss off a lot of people so look into them first if you're worried about wasting money.

Also, your avatar is my favourite from the Minecraft thread. :3: Didn't someone buy it for Hard Clumping originally?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Wandering Knitter posted:

So I fell asleep playing the original Harvest Moon last night thanks to my last post, and I couple of questions.

I've heard that the fence is meaningless and if you have no wood posts at all the game never does the "whoops your chickens escaped/got eaten!" check after it rains since there's no rotting wood on the farm.

Also, what gives you more energy: Sitting in the hot springs, or rapidly jumping in and out?
I didn't see anyone answer this for you since you asked. The game only checks for broken fences when seeing if wolves attack your livestock, no fences mean no broken fences, so it's better just to throw them all back in the wood bin before they can break

And for the hot springs, every time you jump in you get 25 (pretty sure that's correct, if it's not 25 it's 20) stamina, staying in longer doesn't do anything. You start with 100 stamina and get another 10 every power berry.

And about the wives, they do lose affection when you come home late but a single egg every time you come home late should mitigate that.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

naptalan posted:

Friends of Mineral Town for GBA is a favourite title of many people if you're willing to go back a generation and I've heard it compared to HM64 a lot (most of the characters are the same, but play different roles). Otherwise I'd recommend Harvest Moon DS Cute (because most copies of Harvest Moon DS are very buggy, but you CAN get a fixed copy if you'd rather play as a dude) or Sunshine Islands, but both have game mechanics that piss off a lot of people so look into them first if you're worried about wasting money.
Well, I guess I'm looking for HM64, only better. From what I've seen of Mineral Town, it seems like kind of a port without much added content. Is that sequel(remake?) More Friends of Mineral Town better? Do HM DS and SI manage to gently caress up different things, making each one better in some ways and worse in others, or is one essentially 'the best'? I'd go by reviews, but Harvest Moon games seem to exist in this weird netherworld where professional reviews have little bearing on whether I'll like the games or not.

quote:

Also, your avatar is my favourite from the Minecraft thread. :3: Didn't someone buy it for Hard Clumping originally?
Yeah, but he decided to get his old avatar back. I lamented its loss, then suddenly I had it. Now I go from thread to thread spreading creeper love.

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009

Zenzirouj posted:

Well, I guess I'm looking for HM64, only better. From what I've seen of Mineral Town, it seems like kind of a port without much added content. Is that sequel(remake?) More Friends of Mineral Town better? Do HM DS and SI manage to gently caress up different things, making each one better in some ways and worse in others, or is one essentially 'the best'? I'd go by reviews, but Harvest Moon games seem to exist in this weird netherworld where professional reviews have little bearing on whether I'll like the games or not.

Well, Mineral Town is more like a port of Back to Nature which was a port of HM64 with the characters switched around. They each build on the original in a few small ways, but if you're looking for something radically different you're probably out of luck. What can you really do to improve the "farm stuff, date girls" genre other than "farm more stuff, date cuter girls"?

You're right about reviews being useless. I'll have to link to Fogu again, since it offers pretty good rundowns on game mechanics and you can look around for the one you like best. Personally I like having cute distractions that add nothing to the core gameplay, so I'm really looking forward to dressing up and taking my pets for walks in Animal Parade... some people prefer deep character interactions or the opportunity to micromanage huge farms.

HMDS and Sunshine Islands both require you to collect things to unlock core gameplay features (for HMDS, you rescue sprites, for Sunshine Islands, you collect sun stones to raise islands). You collect them by performing tasks like watering X squares or befriending Y villager. I found Sunshine Islands was less tedious and didn't take as long to collect stuff but there's no way to check which tasks you've completed so I had to keep a spreadsheet to remind myself. In both games there is plenty to do without raising islands/rescuing sprites but I felt the first was a fun task to work towards where the second was just a lovely way to stop you marrying too early (you need 60 sprites to get the Blue Feather and propose).

Also, Sunshine IslandsIsland of Happiness adds a really finicky weather system that is not in any other HM game except Sunshine Islands. In the last thread a lot of people kept spreadsheets to keep track of how much water/sun their crops had received because if you're not careful you can kill off your entire field by being careless.

And that is more words than I ever want to write about pretend-farming. :colbert:

naptalan fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 24, 2010

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

naptalan posted:

Also, Sunshine Islands adds a really finicky weather system that is not in any other HM game. In the last thread a lot of people kept spreadsheets to keep track of how much water/sun their crops had received because if you're not careful you can kill off your entire field by being careless.
Sunshine Islands didn't add that, it originated with Islands of Happiness (the game SI is an improved version of)...

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009
Whoops, you're right. My bad. For some reason I thought it wasn't in Island of Happiness (which I've never played).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

naptalan posted:

In the last thread a lot of people kept spreadsheets to keep track of how much water/sun their crops had received because if you're not careful you can kill off your entire field by being careless.

:barf:

At least if I decide to give it a shot, the link indicates that there are crops that aren't whiny babies about sun/water. There is no way in hell I'm writing something down for my Harvest Moon game, though. Much less a drat spreadsheet.

• Locked thread