Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
I have carved a holy fishing rod from the ancient bones of long dead leviathans. I think this may be a bit of overkill for a 'Who can catch the most fish contest.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

LittleCat posted:

What do Buffamoos like to eat, guys? I've thrown like half my inventory at one of them and he still won't tame. While I'm asking, what do elephants like? I'm sure I'll get one to spawn some day soon.

Apples and random crap from an unplowed field worked for me for everything I've ever tamed. Maybe your level is to low?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Keyboard Fox posted:

Magic is really overpowered...

It really is. Prism plus a decent staff turns you into some kind of horrible blender of death.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Fancy Hat! posted:

How do I unlock the power to upgrade/forge my gear?

Play the main story line until the first major event in the desert. When you get back home the game will tell you how to get a forge.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Grozz Nuy posted:

Does anyone know if Rare Cans do anything? I've found a couple but they don't stack in your inventory so I've thrown all but one of them away.

They're Sofias favorite gift.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Revol posted:

Where are the cluckadoodles? I already have one, but I can't remember where I found it.

Fall, first screen with monsters.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Keyboard Fox posted:

Wedding Ring (Ingredients unknown)

Silver and ruby. Why the hell are you spoiler tagging that?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Jesus some of the accessorys are game breaking. At least the one that doubles skill gains is made from semi-rare materials. I just knitted a scarf from poo poo obtained entirely from woolies that sets RP expenditure to zero.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Corridor posted:

Hold on, it just kinda sunk in that the hero of RF3 is 'half human and half monster'. So uh... he's basically what emerged after his dad hosed a sheep?

It's a race, not a hybrid. The flashback when he remembers how to transform mentions that his mom could do it to.

Stroth fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 20, 2010

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

threelemmings posted:

I'd like to get back on the wagon and play some with my girlfriend, so here's the question: between the Wii and the DS, do the latest games let you keep multiple save files? I'd probably be choosing between RF3 and RF Frontier, from what I've seen they'd be the ones closest to what I'm looking for. Playing together wouldn't be a problem but having the separate saves would just be nice for feeling "this is all mine."

RF3 has two save slots.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

endolithic posted:

Edit: By the by, why do people keep walking into my house? They don't give me the things their holding or have new dialog. They just stand there, chillin' in my house. Stop taunting me with your copper, Gaius! :argh:

They do that once their FP/LP gets high enough. Just like they do with all of their other good friends.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Tufty posted:

Woo, guess who just disabled the Runey system in Rune Factory Frontier thanks to homebrew and can now enjoy the game without being bogged down by that crap :D

Two questions. How did you do this? And far more importantly, how can I do this?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

LLSix posted:

Is Shepherd's Crossing 2 worth buying a DS for? If so, does it run on the 3DS? It's been decades since I bought a portable gaming device.

I've only played a bit on a friends copy, but it seemed fun. The writing is hilariously bad though. I mean absolutely goddamn ridiculous.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

U.T. Raptor posted:

Everyone that has a good relationship with you does that occasionally. I have no idea why.

For the same reason that they occasionally come home to find you standing in their living room. They want to talk to you and they don't feel like chasing your rear end all over the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Raepdog posted:

Loved all of them, can't wait for the 4th. Just looking for an old fashioned one. I ordered the farming one that everyone mentioned in this thread but am torn between ToTT or DS Cute.

The problem with all of the DS Harvest Moons (except for Harvest Moon DS) is that they each tried to mix things up by adding some odd rear end play mechanic to stand out from the rest of the series. Almost all of these sucked horribly. ToTT is the only only that I din't find irritating, but I usually end up ignoring my fields except to grow hay and just focusing on animals anyway.

• Locked thread