Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Rune Factory II is easily the best HM. FoMT & N64 HM are tied for 2nd place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Revol posted:

Who's easy to marry?

my method is to always go for the one with the biggest boobs

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

I'm balls deep in RF2, but have yet to finish it (off & on); how much of an improvement is RF3?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Omnicarus posted:

I found an old copy of Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for the GBA in a box of stuff a friend gave to me and I am wondering if this was one that was any good? I've been dicking around in it on my DS a little but I have only scratched the surface.

It's probably the best version (other than the RF's and HM64).

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Eonwe posted:

So my father just died, and I'd really like to try to cheer my mom up when she comes over for Christmas. My mom has put in hundreds of combined hours in Harvest Moon between the N64 and GCN versions, but she doesn't have anything to play. I was thinking of giving her my 3DS, but I was curious, what Harvest Moon game would you consider the most similar to Harvest Moon 64?

I think she'd like one similar to that the best, so I was thinking of staying away from the Rune Factory games. However, I would be open to getting her one of those if they are considered to be among the best and are more enhancements of the Harvest Moon game than anything.

Closest to HM64 is Friends of Mineral Town on GBA. Really solid.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Linnaeus posted:

Here's the first 30 minutes of the new game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RsKb5svX_o

This is the worst thing I've ever had to listen to.

It's 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Shirec posted:

I think Another Wonderful Life was the laziest example of the bachelors. At least the early games had the rivals so they were at least appropriate.

Why yes you can marry the weird hippy! Here you go ladies~
Holy crap. That guy looks EXACTLY like the most insufferable person I've ever had to work with. Even down to the purple-tinted teashades.

(he ruined teashades for me too :argh:)

• Locked thread