Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

They fucking better have lemon cakes.
Anyone else confused by the number of students at Hogwarts? I mean there's 5 boys at Harry's level in Gryffindor and 3 girls. I understand not mentioning characters because there's already a lot of them but I could just never wrap my head around with how many there really ever were :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

Yeah I understand it being a kid's book and all but Rowling couldn't deny the fact that adults enjoyed the books or people like me who started reading them 12 years ago but come on

:aspergers:

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

Decius posted:

Don't think about such things too hard, like how less than 10 teachers can teach 14 classes (7 years, 4 houses, 2 houses together per class) or where the 12 other dormitories in the Gryffindor tower are. Or Harry being unable to convert his wizard riches into British Pounds during summer when the Granger's did the opposite in book two just fine. Or that wizards apparently even buying their milk, eggs and meat in wizard shops instead of the supermarket judging how stumped they usually are about the normal world.
World building is really quite flimsy and usually if it is the choice between "realistically working but boring" and funny Rowling rightly chose funny.

Hell, I already would be annoyed living in that world that wizards apparently only sell wizard sweets on the train. I'm sure people would enjoy a Snickers bar just fine even if you don't have to wrestle it down as soon as you open it.

:psyboom:

No seriously thinking about the books like that takes it to an entire new level

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

Silhouette posted:

The perfect actress(she was Trunchbull in Matilda) to portray Umbridge was wasted in the Goblet of Fire movie as Aunt Marge.

And I agree about the previous generation. I pictured Trent Reznor as Sirius when reading OoTP because of the illustrations of Sirius in the books looking just like him.

God I love Gary Oldman as much as the next person but Trent Reznor as Sirius would have so been :swoon:

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

I got the 7th edition signed by JK Rowling :allears:

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

Patience, young padawan

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

I got that special edition of Deathly Hallows signed by JK Rowling how much do y'all think it's worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

reflir posted:

Can you post a picture/are you sure it is not a fake?

It's actually in Baltimore right now (I'm in Ohio) but I got it from Amazon's contest before the book was released, so I'm pretty sure it's legit.

• Locked thread