Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«414 »
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AsInHowe posted:

I hope this doesn't affect Pretty Good with Jon Bois

I'm pretty sure that's just jon loving around on his own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

MourningView posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just jon loving around on his own

Yeah, I think Chart Party is the official SB Nation video work. Regardless, I hope he never stops producing either video series.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pvt. Public posted:

Yeah, I think Chart Party is the official SB Nation video work. Regardless, I hope he never stops producing either video series.

I mean it's still done through sbn but it's not like there are dedicated video people working on it with him, it's just jon goofing around with google earth and poo poo as far as I know

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

If loving you is binturong, I don't want to binturight.

so laying off 50 SBN people saves them, what, like $300 a year

MazelTovCocktail
Jun 23, 2012

All Praise Be to Wentz

DJExile posted:

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

MourningView posted:

I mean it's still done through sbn but it's not like there are dedicated video people working on it with him, it's just jon goofing around with google earth and poo poo as far as I know

Ah yeah, I see what you meant now. I read your post incorrectly. Yeah, as far as I know it is just Jon being Jon, humanity perfected.

DJExile posted:

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

DJExile posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahhahaha

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

MazelTovCocktail
Jun 23, 2012

All Praise Be to Wentz

I feel this has to be the new thread title in some way.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

let's head to ruin!!

DJExile posted:

don't forget all the valuable exposure they no longer have to give to those ungrateful freelancers

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

chunkles posted:

don't forget all the valuable exposure they no longer have to give to those ungrateful freelancers

But Darren Rovell says you should work for free!!!

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Matt Ufford was one of the SBNation / Vox people let go yesterday. I enjoyed his stuff from the KSK days.

https://twitter.com/mattufford/stat...711600802607106

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PotatoJudge posted:

Matt Ufford was one of the SBNation / Vox people let go yesterday. I enjoyed his stuff from the KSK days.

https://twitter.com/mattufford/stat...711600802607106

Yeah this sucks, I know Uffsides was pretty lame but it was lame in an endearing way.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I'm pretty sure Dan Rubenstein (who also does The Solid Verbal outside of SBN) was one of the people let go but he hasn't said anything about it on Twitter yet

Copernic
Sep 16, 2006

...A Champion, who by mettle of his glowing personal charm alone, saved the universe...

MourningView posted:

I'm pretty sure Dan Rubenstein (who also does The Solid Verbal outside of SBN) was one of the people let go but he hasn't said anything about it on Twitter yet

should've been Spencer Hall.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

Yep

https://twitter.com/DanRubenstein/s...117533986902016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

For the argument is indeed trivial, but not so the separate wills thereby made manifest.

Copernic posted:

What in the actual gently caress

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Copernic posted:

Spencer rules

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Copernic posted:

Florida State fan spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Vox Media stuff is always weird because Vox.com has like a daily article up about greedy CEOs laying off people to line their pockets with more money.

When the layoffs happened a bunch of writers on Vox.com had to rush to Twitter to explain "none of us on Vox.com were fired so you can still pretend we're the good guys" completely ignoring their company is one of the most exploitative in all of media.

https://twitter.com/DLind/status/966326080750616577

«414 »