Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«451 »
Lockback
Sep 2, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The fact that those two tiny companies have been able to penetrate so much shows how much more room there is in the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

I still donít understand how Sherryís Berries can have as much money as they seem to based on advertising frequency

It's because their berries are very plump, very juicy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The barrier of entry for podcasting is nominal so hopefully the medium wonít be completely corrupted by commercial and monopolistic forces.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

euphronius posted:

The barrier of entry for podcasting is nominal so hopefully the medium wonít be completely corrupted by commercial and monopolistic forces.

you know that all you need is a printer to start a newspaper right?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Peanut President posted:

you know that all you need is a printer to start a newspaper right?

The metaphor breaks down tho because the internet provides universal distribution which you donít have with a printer

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

you could just have a blog

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

I'm A Lonely Boy

The thing about podcast advertising is advertisers have much more accurate data on who is listening. Which is why they can spend less but have a hyper focused target market. Itís definitely worth the cost. Which is why itís still very lucrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
And now the whole nation - pulpit and all - will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open.

soggybagel posted:

The thing about podcast advertising is advertisers have much more accurate data on who is listening. Which is why they can spend less but have a hyper focused target market. Itís definitely worth the cost. Which is why itís still very lucrative.

As someone who's been listening a long time it's been interesting to watch it grow from affiliate marketing being the only viable way of covering server costs to even medium sized podcasters at least making relatively decent wages on regular ads.

It makes me wish I wasn't a bad voice broken lung audio-quality hating idiot and could do it better.

«451 »