Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I had a feeling that was going to be his answer, especially after he said he had "pages."

Rovell's Civil Rights collection piece financially bolstered if not an outright white supremacist, someone friendly enough with it that they weren't squicked out by making money off of it.

Wouldn't be shocked if before Rovell got it in an auction, the Parks NAACP card was initially obtained because it had been confiscated somewhere. Or stolen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

FlamingLiberal posted:

I guarantee he has no idea

He doesn't care. I don't think Rovell is even one of those guys who likes Capitalism that much, he just operates on a whole different frequency from normal humanity.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

He's Dave Meltzer but evil.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

This ... y'all it might be even worse.

It's not completely proven yet, but some evidence has popped up that Rovell bought the pages for $130K last year. And then bragged that he'd be able to sell it for millions within a few years.

https://twitter.com/dancow/status/1483445484781977616

Longer article on the sale of the logbook pages.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 19, 2022

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I had a dream. That one day. We would be judged not by the sins of our past, but the content we created. And by the number of engagements on our posts

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/dancow/status/1483455317253963782

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
I'm absolutely certain he's trying to figure out how to make NFTs out of this poo poo.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Beef Of Ages posted:

I'm absolutely certain he's trying to figure out how to make NFTs out of this poo poo.
Fast forward a month and Rovell announces that he's just sold an NFT of Emmett Till in his casket.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

RC and Moon Pie posted:

It's not completely proven yet, but some evidence has popped up that Rovell bought the pages for $130K last year. And then bragged that he'd be able to sell it for millions within a few years.

:staredog:

Wowww.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Ok, if correct, gently caress that dude.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

habeasdorkus posted:

Ok, if correct, gently caress that dude.

I wonder if Rovell's thinking he could turn those pages into NFTs. Someone just bought an original Dune thinking they could do the same because buying a book also somehow means buying its rights.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cryp...cule-on-twitter

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i hope he never stops tweeting through this

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Are we sure Darren Rovell is human and not a sentient AI

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Are we sure Darren Rovell is human and not a sentient AI

a sentient AI would at least try to fake human emotion and morality

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

today in Very Good Press Conference moments:

https://twitter.com/mingramjr/status/1483958347724435456

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1483928415111573504

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Who?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MIKE JONES

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
IDK if this is true or not but the Shanahan tree guys do seem like less pieces of poo poo than your typical football coach.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

mcmagic posted:

IDK if this is true or not but the Shanahan tree guys do seem like less pieces of poo poo than your typical football coach.

Patriot Way: stodgy, no nonsense old men. Spend your time charting football plays on paper until your hands are arthritic and covered in paper cuts

49ers Way: Hey you can be OC if you can throw this football into the pizza oven across the street from the roof of the house. If you miss you gotta do shots.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I could read Rovell Fails every day and not get tired of it. Once on twitter i said something about how I had unfollowed everyone who made me mad, except Darren Rovell, because he was too weird to unfollow, and he found the tweet and said something like "thanks man just glad for the interaction!"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

IMB posted:

I could read Rovell Fails every day and not get tired of it. Once on twitter i said something about how I had unfollowed everyone who made me mad, except Darren Rovell, because he was too weird to unfollow, and he found the tweet and said something like "thanks man just glad for the interaction!"
LMAO that's almost too perfectly on-brand for him.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

He really is like an alien trying really hard to act human but can't quite nail it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1484999307732398080?s=21

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1485314361312915456

lmao

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I assumed anyone that publicly takes their salary in Bitcoin is being paid to do so as a promo, is that not the case?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

likely is to at least some degree. Still laughable though.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

morestuff posted:

I assumed anyone that publicly takes their salary in Bitcoin is being paid to do so as a promo, is that not the case?
Eric Adams made a big deal out of taking his 3 paychecks in Bitcoin but apparently he just takes his regular check and buys some amount of Bitcoin with it, and could just as easily be lying about the whole thing.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Eric Adams made a big deal out of taking his 3 paychecks in Bitcoin but apparently he just takes his regular check and buys some amount of Bitcoin with it, and could just as easily be lying about the whole thing.

This is the thing, I don’t think many companies outside of Silicon Valley are even set up for that. I just assume these guys are “taking their salary in Bitcoin”, pocketing the promo money then converting their Bitcoin back (if they even bother) into something they can pay a mortgage with

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah there was a story of a mayor taking his salary in Bitcoin then the article casually mentioned he just bought Bitcoin with his salary

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

There’s functionally no difference between someone being paid and Bitcoin and someone just taking their paycheck and immediately buying Bitcoin with it. I guess aside from however long it takes for someone to convert cash to Bitcoin.

I sure hope OBJ got a sponsorship for the Bitcoin thing. Even just buying Bitcoin means you’re making less after you pay for all of the fees.

Someone find out how El Salvador is doing today. Hope their president didn’t plunge too much of their treasury into it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Some comments mentioned he's got a big sponsorship deal linked to it with Cashapp, which is not something that would have made any sense to me just a few years ago. wild times.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There is a big difference because the whole point is to legitimize Bitcoin as legal tender.

Which it really isn’t

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Nobody wants to use a currency that varies 5% in value week-to-week.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The X-man cometh posted:

Nobody wants to use a currency that varies 5% in value week-to-week.

Lol, 5%

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

More like 5% every day.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Looks like it's as we all suspect
https://twitter.com/tysonbrody/status/1485338900088467465

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I do enjoy The Athletic but cancelled my subscription today. New York Times is writing puff pieces about J6 terrorists and I'm done giving that company money. Shame they were bought.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Niwrad posted:

I do enjoy The Athletic but cancelled my subscription today. New York Times is writing puff pieces about J6 terrorists and I'm done giving that company money. Shame they were bought.

Did the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Notorious right wing publication The New York Times