Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The clarification comes off legal backpedaling. At this point I just hope nobody else was hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Timby posted:

GMG's union is the WGA, which generally has some of the best benefits around.

Apparently it can get members out of manslaughter charges!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

mactheknife posted:

So we've established that it was the blood clot driving the car he hit the Barstool guys with, yes?

To be clear, the blood clot had not been drinking.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Also, I feel like Bois does a pretty decent job of really distinguishing a sad punt from a bad punt.

Whiffing a punt is a bad punt. A perfect coffin corner from the 40 yard line when you're down by 2 with 1 minute left is a sad punt.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Rick posted:

I've never met more Charger fans than when my last job had an office in Yuma, AZ.

I've never met fewer Chargers fans than when I lived in San Diego and the Cowboys came to play.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

The NLRB is toothless even at the best of times, and Don Jr is a Barstool fan so I can see why he'd pick that course.

Barstool Sports being the thing that officially kills any remaining union protections in this country seems appropriate.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

You come at the USMNT, your entire company deserves to be ground to dust, as I always say

It's why nobody ever talks about the USMNT. What if I say something wrong and suddenly my company is ground to dust?! It will clearly be karma for my sin. Better to just never give them the time of day. That must be the reason.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

To be fair, that's a good look into how stupid baseball is, even at the top.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

General Dog posted:

If they were ever real fans they’d have gotten over it

If they were real fans they would have taken a statue down and then petitioned to put it back up.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It's a non-union joke, you wouldn't get it.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

God Bless Jon Bois and his terrible perfect ideas.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Weak Boy Bones.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Just allow for overrunning every base like 1st base and do the double wide half orange base to give the runner a lane through.

I will die on this hill.

Your bad baseball idea is not as good/bad as "Homerun ends the inning." :colbert:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

algebra testes posted:

6 time NBA champion and they can never take that away from him.

He never did figure out a way to gamble those away.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Drew continues to be great and Stephen continues to be garbage.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

PotatoJudge posted:

Jon Bois has a new podcast! He covers a topic near and dear to all of our hearts:

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1228076546474356736

I'd recommend listening at 1.5 speed. He needs an editor.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Oh poo poo, Barstool is shutting down?
e;fb

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

howe_sam posted:

They are terrible at ad reads.

...Schur said he wished someone would sneak into his house, chloroform him and then shave him while he was unconscious.

That sounds like a very good ad read.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

They should be paying me for all of the very good emails I send them!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

FMguru posted:

ESPN Phone also led to this great Steve Jobs story

What makes the story great is that Jobs was 100% correct.

This made me miss and respect Jobs more than any other story has.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

uggy posted:

His daughter wrote a book two years ago about how abusive he was as a father, he sucks

Yeah. Exactly. Which is why him telling the head of ESPN that their phone is dumb is the only good thing he ever did.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

And people say soul mates don't exist.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Maybe podcasts are a good idea.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

To me, the most interesting part of Ley's post was the revelation that Spanfeller brought him back in to try and save Deadspin after everyone had quit over editorial control issues. And decided to just talk about advertising strategy.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I think the current running theory with the most evidence is that he was the catalyst to COVID.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Someone make a vr mode for the PS2 emulator for the ultimate football experience.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sounds like something Simmons would do.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Dwight Howard seems like the kind of person who would buy an exotic animal as a housepet (as a bad joke), not know how to take care of it, then have to get help, so that all makes sense.

Hey, I have two things in common with Dwight Howard!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I review the sausage, not how it gets made. It could skew my perception of the final product.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This is how both of them increase their viewership and make money. They aren't fighting because there is no chance that either of them gets injured physically or monetarily.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

We were talking about it on Discord, and I think he might be doing a larger piece on the Chargers

I'll never forget my first year living in San Diego when the Cowboys came to play the Chargers. I expected to see a home crowd. The game, parking lot, and city in general was 90% Cowboy fans. Poor poor Chargers.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

“I got a Luc Longley in this pack! He was on the Bulls last year and they won the Championship! This card is going to be worth so much! 10 cents.”- The 11-year-old Sudden Loud Noise Story.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

His twitter header picture is a picture of him and his son with Trump in between them, so I'm gonna go with yes.

Maybe he's one of the good Trump associates.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Pvt. Public posted:

DTS really has been an incredible boon for F1 and I've encountered so many new fans (that otherwise eschew sports entirely), all thanks to the series. If anything, it shows just how deep Netflix's reach really is.

DTS is a great introduction to F1, then becomes the worst show ever once you actually start caring about and following F1.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

A father of two including a newborn having some free time is a pretty mythical story.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

soggybagel posted:

I mean Barstool does this bullshit all the time. They do fundraisers for businesses during covid or whatever and yeah its good but they use it as a smoke screen not that they even need it to do lovely stuff. gently caress them.

The favorite past time of the rich and powerful:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

My "I have deep empathy for 9/11 victims" T-shirt...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

There was an update where they said he actually meant Mila Kunis, so he was probably going for a gross joke about nipples rather than a relatively obscure racial slur. It's all class in Boston sports radio!

Yeah, the Boston sports radio host probably wasn't being racist.