Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Is it too late to change Mike Trout's nickname to Sand Monkey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

They occasionally post them on Youtube, but not regularly by any means. Unless you can find someone who records and uploads them, I think you're out of luck.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

jeffersonlives posted:

You know how the MLB hive mind occasionally jokes about Fangraphs or Dave Cameron ADDING UP THE WARS as the symbol of terrible baseball analysis? Here's a new Dave Cameron Fangraphs article where he literally adds up the fWARs.

You thought that was Dave Cameron adding up the WARs? No, no. This is Dave Cameron adding up the WARs.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

It's easier for the Marlins since they can just sell players if they start to win too many games.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Pete Rose was a consistently Very Good player for most of his career. He did win one MVP (and that wasn't a bad choice) but he only had a few years where he was really in the MVP conversation. But where he really provided a lot of value was his longevity - he averaged 155 games a year from age 22 to 42, batting leadoff most of that time. That's what allowed him to accumulate the hall of fame-level numbers. He would definitely be deserving if not for the scandal.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I think the orange is rubbing its nipples.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

ayn rand hand job posted:

Considering that in 1899, the Spiders were basically torn apart by the Robinson brothers (the owners). They traded their best players to the St. Louis Cardinals who were owned by...the Robinson Brothers.

They then proceeded to have the worst season, losing 134 games, which still hasn't been topped. They lost 101 games on the road. Their home attendance would make Marlin games look like Times Square on New Year's Eve.

Anyway bring back the Cleveland Naps.

Spiders is a pretty kick-rear end name, though. Plus you can do lots of cool photo shoots where you have 8 batters holding out their bats. Reclaim the glory of the Spiders name!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Rick posted:

I swear I've seen video of non-US basketball being played in courts surrounded with hockey-style glass but this was in the 90s so maybe that went away.

That was SlamBall.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

When they're right, they're right.

http://gawker.com/they-should-only-swim-the-fast-way-1785034513

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Chass is right, making an article where you just go to Baseball-Reference, sort by WAR, and post a list is dumb and lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I like watching Overwatch because I like playing Overwatch and I want to see how I can play better.

I doubt it would be much fun to watch for someone who doesn't play. A spectator can never see everything that's going on at once due to the nature of the game.