Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I wanted to say that Cameron should just stay behind-the-scenes and stop writing, but honestly, I have way too much fun picking apart his terrible 'analysis' every couple days or so for me want it to go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The solution is to just have Sullivan write every FG article from now on and turn it into LL 2.0

I'd be totally okay with this.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

haljordan posted:

A guy who makes as much money as Simmons should write better than some random goon at a bar though.

This is unfair because the reason Simmons became so successful and in turn made as much money as he did is because he wrote like a random goon at a bar. That was (and still is) the entire point.

He's developed a pretty bad habit of overreaching on subjects he really shouldn't be going on about (we get it, Seattle was screwed out of their basketball team and it does suck for them. There's no need to remind us of this fact any time there's even an incidental mention of the Thunder.) but I still quite enjoy his writing

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'd rather Simmons keep doing what he's doing and take the occasional suspension. If ESPN gets rid of him, all the better (for him)

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

My three main thoughts from this so far: A) This is definitely the type of environment Simmons operates best at. B) Jalen Rose owns C) Jalen Rose really owns

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

morestuff posted:

It looks like ESPN's cutbacks have finally killed off Playbook, the shuffling zombie that used to be Page 2.

Was there ever any point in keeping any Page 2 derivatives around when Grantland exists?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I got a huge kick out of him spending a paragraph and a half trying to justify the Bargnani trade because that is absolutely a Simmons thing to do.

Also love the silliness of subtly mocking Kobe's twitter antics as an "eighth-grade" thing and then writing that entire last footnote about him and Doc.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Hey now, that's unfair to Dave Cameron. Cameron at least asks the right questions and runs the right numbers most of the time, he just draws all the wrong conclusions.

This guy's premise is worthless from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Bill Simmons has made a lot of dumbass moves but this is definitely up near the tippy top of that list.