Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

kaworu posted:

So, Onion SportsDome is premiering tonight on Comedy Central at 10:30PM eastern time. God knows that sports journalism is ripe for (and very much deserving of) some clever satire, and given that the Onion sports articles and blurbs tend to be fairly amusing, I'm actually optimistic that this could be good.

Set it up for DVR in case I'm not back from the game in time. Please be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

zakharov posted:

Watching sportsdome right now...I deem it "moderately amusing."

I was hoping they'd do something topical and was pretty disappointed. I guess the a-rod musical was at the end? I turned it off before the end.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

leokitty posted:

Welp the Sanchez girl's full name and family info (including her dad's job!) are now being reported in various places. This is loving retarded and now her life is gonna suck for a while over something really stupid.

Tell your friends: If you're a girl, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever talk to AJ Delaurio. He will ruin your life for 100,000 page hits.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Bigass Moth posted:

"Our team sucks?

Add more grit.

So says this reporter."

You had too many sentences in that first paragraph. You'll never make it in this business.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT
Crossposting from NHL N/V:

The Star posted:

An Aug. 16 article about the death of former Vancouver Canuck Rick Rypien misquoted Canucks general manager Mike Gillis as having referred to Rypien as “crazy” in an interview with the Vancouver Sun last November when Rypien took a personal leave from the Canucks. In fact, Gillis never said that. What he said in an interview with Vancouver Sun columnist Iain MacIntyre was: “When you come to know somebody and realize they’re a really good person, who has their heart in the right place and wants to do the right thing not only for themselves but for others, you have to support them. You don’t only support them when they’re at the top of their game and doing everything you want. You support them when they’re not feeling good about things or have other issues they have to deal with.” The Star apologizes for this error.

That's the full text but I got it from here: http://www.thestar.com/opinion/corrections/article/1040334--apology

That's a hell of a mistake and/or revisionist history.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

The caps did have that investigation regarding someone tangentially related to the team and steroids a couple years back, coinciding with Ovechkin's slide :tinfoil:

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

toadee posted:

I really love that they withhold the name of the tipster 'to protect their identity', but happily post poo poo about some random girl because of this. What the loving hell.
I think what deadspin is trying to prove here is that women aren't people.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

haljordan posted:

It only bothers me because he won't just come out and admit he's a frontrunner. With the Bruins, he used some BS excuse about hating the owners, even though that hadn't changed by the time they were in the Finals.
This tweet is one I saved from the Kessel trade, on September 18, 2009:

A thief of souls!

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Hand Knit posted:

You may have heard of You Can Play. You probably thought this was a good, even necessary initiative. Well, David Menzies is here to tell you that he sees through the bullshit.

You Can't Hide Behind the Gay Flag, Brian Burke

Really the whole thing could be bolded but I tried to get the best parts.
This guy also boycotted the Grey Cup because they use Metric Yards. I want to believe that he's bad on purpose, but...hmmm.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

ESPNHS is all but ceasing operation, laying off 75 writers and editors.

Raise your hands if you actually read an ESPNHS article. I know I did, but I'm still a bit surprised.

This is literally the first time I've ever heard of it.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT
Rich Hammond, beat writer for the LA Kings, is actually a team employee so he can't interview locked out players or the NHL gets really mad.

So he's leaving for the OC Register to cover USC. Deadspin has a pretty good writeup.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT
Oh good

that article posted:

“Sometimes when I drop my shoulder and get hit, there'll be a big spark or a quick shock in my head, like a blue and yellow light,” says Salerno. “I just shake it off and go back and do it again, but it's probably not so good for my brain.”
Probably not, champ.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Declan MacManus posted:

Post-concussion symptoms suffered all for the glory of lingerie football
Well they're getting paid enou-

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I'd go down to Jerry Remy's

Don't, it's not worth it. You have more to live for :ohdear:

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Simplex posted:

Really the only thing you have to say about Stephen A. and ESPN is that Miami's current win streak is the second longest in the NBA this season. What a network of clowns.

This has to be on purpose, right? It's gotta be.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

So It Goes posted:

I feel like it says a lot when Bill Simmons of all people suggests that people shouldn't pay attention to, or care about, First Take.

Bill Simmons is wrong and dumb a lot of the time, but I think this one is right up there with "we should make a bunch of documentaries about sports" and "what if we got a bunch of people to write interesting things about sports but didn't put it on espn.com" as one of his better ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

DOOP posted:

Between Soccer, Hockey, and F1, NBC is going all in on sports Americans don't watch.

NBC owns

Don't forget, they show CFL and I think curling as well.

Rename it TSN South

or at least make TSN available in the USA. C'mon, do it.