Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

so laying off 50 SBN people saves them, what, like $300 a year

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel this has to be the new thread title in some way.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Niwrad posted:

The Vox Media stuff is always weird because Vox.com has like a daily article up about greedy CEOs laying off people to line their pockets with more money.

When the layoffs happened a bunch of writers on Vox.com had to rush to Twitter to explain "none of us on Vox.com were fired so you can still pretend we're the good guys" completely ignoring their company is one of the most exploitative in all of media.

https://twitter.com/DLind/status/966326080750616577

I'm happy that I'm not the only one who noticed that.

Still is it possible for anyone to be worse than HuffPo?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what exactly is The Athletic supposed to be? A more local version of SI? I've just heard the name mentioned a few times, but not much else.

I signed up for a few trial and was immediately greeted with a nice story on the Philadelphia Unions youth players.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Henchman of Santa posted:

Overwatch pro calls opponent “a loving human being”; ESPN reporter who covers story revealed to have a bunch of old tweets calling people the same thing, as well as “oval office” and “nigga”:
https://compete.kotaku.com/overwatch-pro-called-an-opponent-a-loving-human being-es-1823502413

I'm still dumbstruck everytime I see the eSports category on ESPN and that it has commentators.

I mean Twitch and other places I get, but it almost feels like throwback to early ESPN which was filled with weird poo poo and pro wrestling.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 6, 2018