Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Groucho Marxist posted:

Dan Shaughnessy won the Spink Award from the BBWAA :laffo:

Lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lmao I've heard Red Sox fans in Toronto yell racist slurs at Yankee players during Jays/yankees games.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

They are apparently stopping theaters from being able to show some older Fox titles like the original Alien, which I don't understand

Its extremely bullshit cause my local go to theatre isn't allowed to show Die Hard anymore and its a Christmas tradition.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Akileese posted:

So maybe i'l reading into this incorrectly, but it seemed like Keith wanted to write pieces that would have ended up being pro labor union (with an emphasis on getting more protection for minor league players) and ESPN said no? That paragraph seemed very specific.

Its been pretty obvious for a while that he was to only write about evaluation of trades and prospects and that he wanted to do much more.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Sockeye salmon is one of the most common fish served in Seattle. Local Native American art features the salmon a lot too.

Ya but orcas eat salmon and the canucks logo is an orca and kraken eats the orca so

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

NHL Apex predators
Canucks (orcas)
Bruins (ursus arctos horribilis)
Preds (smilodon fatalis)
Kings (l'etat c'est moi)
Devils (prey on mankinds' souls)

Panthers don't get in, they're occasionally eaten by lions and tigers.

Sharks, bjtch

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

DildenAnders posted:

Dolphins murder the ever living crap out of sharks. And I'm sure an orca (Canuck) wouldn't have any trouble with a wee little Cartilaginous fish, regardless of how mant layers of teeth it has. Also I'd like to submit Rangers for consideration; Rangers almost always have guns, and therefore can kill anything. Case closed.

They gotta leave their guns at the border. Then a Jets would zoom and boom em

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Rick Fox died and was ressurected again!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

All the ESPN+ Insider stuff seems to be open for me over the last couple of days. Curious if they've opened it up to all Canadians for free?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/emilymkaplan/status/1366375571933040641

hopefully ESPN will do a nice piece on the work of Curt Schilling next!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Fleury shouldn't get a pass for promoting white supremacist conspiracy theories just because of his horrific past.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Except that article does not acknowledge any of what makes Fleury super problematic. It promotes his new podcast about current events but fails to mention that he's promoting horrible things when talking about current events.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I just went to "cancel" my membership and when I pushed the cancel button they insta offered me a new sub at 21.59 a year so I did that.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I don't know anyone who says Rogers Centre instead of Skydome

It's always Skydome or The Dome

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i feel like I could at least hoist up a 3 in an NBA game. there would then be a 1-5% chance it would go in depending on How Hard I'm Feeling It that day.

i cling to that because I think the worst thing that happens to me is either I get the ball smashed back in my face so hard I get my nose broke, whereas in the NHL/NFL/MLB i would get awful concussion, awful concussion, and potential TBI from getting clocked in the head. so if there's any genies out there, i'll take my odds in making a bucket

I don't think you realize how hard it is to catch and shoot as quickly as NBA players do before someone closes out on you. There's a bunch of players at other levels that can make 3s at an NBA % but they just can't get their shot off fast enough.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Just imagine 5'11" Doug from FedEx crouching down to heave the ball as far as he can with his entire body while a 6'8" dude with hands the size of hams runs and jumps at him from 12 feet away.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lockback posted:

People are talking about two very different things and just posting past each other at this point.

No I'm very specifically saying that even if that player wasn't really being guarded they'd still get most of their shots blocked because of how long it would take for them to catch and shoot.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kibner posted:

This policy also changes what employees can post on their social media accounts or publicly say in any form.

Also, if someone donates or supports a cause, they are banned from writing about it now, too. Which has major implications when it comes to writing about LGBT athletes.

Ya I'm curious how long Keith Law lasts there considering what he writes in his newsletter/chats/tweets etc

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pretty much, and a Hamilton team would have to pay out the nose for proximity rights or whatever it's called because of how close it is to Toronto

Also Buffalo. pre-pandemic I think it was in the neighbourhood of 15% of season ticket holders for the Sabres lived on the Canadian side of the border.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mr. Fix It posted:

i only know of thunder bay cuz my grandpa was the child of finnish immigrants. largest community of finns outside finland

A good friend of mine would always bring back Finnish bread from some bakery there. When it closed a couple years ago they FLEW BACK just to get bread one last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I only know about Thunder Bay because its one of like 5 cities you can direct flights to out of this cute little airport in Toronto that is actually on the lake. It's called Billy Bishop airport and you have to take a ferry to get to the concourse.

haha Billy Bishop has flights to 20 or so places now and there's an underground pedestrian tunnel as well. It is definitely a better airport experience than Pearson though.