Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I bet this show will be as successful as the one based on Pardon the Interruption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

http://www.murraychass.com/?p=2621

yeah that happened

Hahahah he actually uses new-fangled

"The development, I believe, is directly related to the growing influence of the new-fangled statistics which readers of this site know I have no use for, a fact that sends stats-freak denizens of the blogosphere into a stats-freak frenzy."

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Medical Sword posted:

free Bill Conlin from the tragic injustice of a few judgmental knee-jerk cracks on Something Awful

Good take

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Hey roflcopter420 here

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

DOOP posted:

Is there any proof whatsoever that Skip is a "professional troll" and the "professional troll" is not some half-baked rationalization to explain the fact that nobody can be that dumb?

Whenever anyone in real life says some dumb or outlandish poo poo, a bunch of people on the internet always start calling him a troll and act like they are in on the joke.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

OctoberBlues posted:

Due to time constraints, Grantland has replaced JoePos as my main source of quality sports writing this past year. So looking at JoePos now... what happened? His articles are very spread apart and nowhere near the quality they used to be.

He's too busy defending Paterno

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I've always thought SAS could rival SBNation writing wise. We should all pool together and defeat the forces of something decent and make it even more decent!

Goon project will go great

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Let's buy an island

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I promise I'll put out an article a week

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Thunder

:allears:

The other angle to this. Who the hell honestly likes any of these asshats? At least you could argue with opinionated political pundits like O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Maddow, etc that they indeed have their supporters.

Do people actually support Skip Bayless? Stephen A. Smith? Mark May? Colin Cowherd?

I don't watch them, but I know of like 1 or 2 people who do watch "first take" for some ungodly reason.

It saddens me greatly that you lumped Maddow in with O'Reilly and Limbaugh. Like, a lot.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

FuzzySkinner posted:

Not to interrupt the rape conversation, but is ESPN apparently going all out on hyping the Miami Heat winning streak? It keeps showing up on my twitter feed from Cavs fans bitching about it.

I feel a lot better having gone out of my way to not watch that channel over the last couple of weeks.

It's the second longest streak in NBA history. There are many better things to complain about in regards to ESPN.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

FuzzySkinner posted:

Right, we would be.

I don't fault them for covering it, I think I moreso fault them for the way it's presumably being covered.

Well maybe you should actually see the coverage or find more about it than some upset Cavs fans on twitter before finding fault with it.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Deathlove posted:

I hadn't seen the gallery, though. Wow.

I'm at work so I stopped at the one of him laying back in the chair in a banana hammock. I feel like that would be tough to beat anyway.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Declan MacManus posted:

You know what would've improved The Great Gatsby though

Anything. What trash.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Groucho Marxist posted:

Sure thing, Jay, I believe that you call out NFL players and they back down from you.

He is big into MMA and trains with a lot of pros so I don't doubt it at all.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
What's even worse is all the stories about the assholes that watch and then call up the PGA or whatever to bitch about and report people breaking the rules and how they have to be penalized like how loving sad is your life

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
You have got to be making GBS threads me...

If only one of you had said that I'd have seriously thought you were joking because that's just too amazing. What a douche

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Hahah Craggs is not a smart man.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Henchman of Santa posted:

Pat Dooley
‏@pat_dooley
Today is always the most bittersweet day of the year. My daughter Jenny was born same day John Lennon was shot. Never know how to feel.

Hahahaha no loving way

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
He...he would...gently caress a GIRL :wth:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Akileese posted:

So this article got posted, Fox Sports pulled it because they said he "skirted the editorial process and posted it directly", which sounds like the biggest load of steaming horse poo poo on the planet. He posts the entire article on his facebook page, and then that gets taken down because Fox Sports filed a loving copyright claim over an article that they themselves pretty much admitted they never wanted to exist in the first place.

To the shock of no one, he has resigned. gently caress Fox forever. They can die in a fire, excluding the one guy who works there that posts in this thread. He's cool.

Censorship sucks. Of course, that guy's article sucked even more.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
It's not surprising that a dude who spent so much of his life looking up poo poo on random people on an internet forum to make fun of them is such an ugly rear end creepy looking guy.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I hate Tim Kennedy but the idea of that guy getting beat up by a professional fighter after trying to act real hard is insanely my poo poo.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Nice suicide, pretty boy.

Jota fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 24, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I like to imagine Bob Ley did a Stephen A Smith impression the entire show

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
lol the celtics just couldn't score on a 4 on 2 fast break

e: Wrong thread but gently caress the Celtics anyway

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Shooting a ball into a hoop from 24 feet out is in fact, kinda hard

what

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Teemu Pokemon posted:

and shots from 2 feet, and 26 feet have roughly the same chance of going in

They don't

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I have a feeling if someone else's kid has lice on his flight he would have a very different feeling about this situation!

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Johnny Bananas stealing all the money from Sara is one of the greatest moments in all of humanity.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Peanut President posted:

You're really defensive of the NBA.

It's the best league

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
:laffo:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

I thought about cord cutting but I couldn’t make sense on how to do it and still see all sixers and eagles games in HD

I got Playstation Vue. It gets NBC Sports Philadelphia so I can still watch Sixers game on there. Been doing it for a couple months now and it has worked out very well. If you have a PS4 or Firestick or Chromecast you'll be good to go using it on your TV. I think Sling and DirecTV Now get the local channel too but not 100%

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

Eagles games ?

Yeah I get them no problem since it gets the local channels on it too and it gets ESPN and NFL Network and NBATV and the national NBCSports and all that. The only thing it really doesn't have is Viacom channels but that won't impact watching sports.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
ariel helwani is a massive dweeb and also absolutely awful and loving with him is one of the best things dana white has ever done

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

algebra testes posted:

He is a giant dweeb but also Dana is a piece of poo poo who shits on reporters that do their job when it inconveniences him so it all evens out.

Yeah agreed Dana making GBS threads on him is cool and he deserves it

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
barstool hates the troops

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1163141842394738694?s=20

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Mahoning posted:

What did this dude do to draw the ire of the sports chuds?

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1163143549308641281?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

FMguru posted:

Congrats to Bill, who managed to book the absolute last person I wanted to hear opine about coronavirus:

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1238259004796780545

Bill Simmons loves talking to Epstein's friend so much.

Interesting.