Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
So we've established that it was the blood clot driving the car he hit the Barstool guys with, yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Excuse me but track and field is always extremely cool and good :colbert:

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

i, for one, am glad that someone out there is standing up for The Brands

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

this is all just a #firenanni long con

he's listed as interim but the guy taking his job isn't

#firenanni

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

imagine being the kind of person that reacts that way to someone not liking a particular condiment. food takes are arguably worse than sports take imo.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

even as a Certified Mayo Lover i'm totally fine with him hating on mayo and that's not really my beef - he does that hyperbole shtick well enough that i wholly enjoy it even when i'm not in agreement with him

it's the people that hear things like "oh i hate mayo" and get so hot about it that they feel the need to stan a goddamned condiment, for whatever reason

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

That poo poo legitimately sounds like the kind of stuff my friends and I would come up with making up sports leagues in 5th grade, jesus

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

https://deadspin.com/elena-bergeron-stepped-down-at-sb-nation-amid-questions-1833203509

Well this is...interesting.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

The idea of anyone outside Peoria giving a single gently caress about Bradley

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Peoria's got a long and storied history of overreaching on this kind of poo poo

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/09/man-arrested-for-parodying-mayor-on-twitter-gets-125k-in-civil-lawsuit/

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

I appreciated the time that Gawker posted an anti-capitalist screed and the next article was the Kinja deals of the day.

Splinter (which I Iike) is always good for an Amazon is Evil article with their Kinja Deals/Amazon affiliate link right below it

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

To be fair it's not like they have any editorial control over Kinja deals stuff and they're pretty openly contemptuous of the higher ups.

More than fair but it's still funny

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

put the hot dog on the cover, cowards

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The Hockew News put Gritty on their cover, which is arguably better

put gritty reading the issue with the hot dog on the cover on the cover of another issue, cowards

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Rick Reilly is the most cornball motherfucker in the world, and this book is in no way necessary really, but I am still 100% here for it

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

I had a long thing typed out but whatever, Danny retire bitch

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

I followed him on twitter for a while for Leafs news and putting up with him was definitely not worth the effort, that was about six years ago and I can see he's only gotten exponentially worse

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

He's a loving hack, that VAR article after Spurs-City was also a joke

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

i'm gonna need an explainer letting me know which warriors player is which character from brightburn, thanks

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

I'd never heard of Ratto before he started guesting on deadspin but I've enjoyed just about everything I've read of his, even for sports I don't care about (like basketball!)

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

MourningView posted:

He is famous mostly for being delightfully grumpy

sold

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

so kellen was a goon, then

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

colouring-in books.

:crossarms:

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

the super livejournal-y style grated on me but holy cow the way she writes about megan is extremely sweet and cool and good

and pay the drat women already, ffs

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

proud graduate of university of reno, blacks

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah but they still haven't fired Haisley

his existence remains a mystery unless his hate clicks are bringing them a poo poo ton of revenue

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

i think they just don’t give a poo poo about soccer and haisley gets enough hate clicks to where firing him is more trouble than it’s worth

pumar's stuff is pretty good though

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

General Dog posted:

So what's wrong with Haisley? I never read him because he seems to just write about soccer.

he has dumb opinions, which is its own thing, but also makes tons of basic factual errors with hilarious consistency

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

god dammit i hate him so much

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

they seem to be phasing him out for the other guy

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

His NFL "preview" is always fun too

I love Magary but WYTS has been diminishing returns for the last 2-3 years for sure

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

The real appeal has always been the fan submissions. He can't genuinely muster enough hate for like, the AFC South.

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon, because I feel like those fall into three categories - trying to sound too much like Drew, poo poo that didn't happen, or look at me, I'm also a piece of poo poo!

I hate that I feel this way as I used to count down the days for these...though I'm definitely still never going to an NFL game in person thanks to them.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Consider joining excellent poster Pancakes and Barack Obama in supporting the lovable Chicago white socks, friend.

all are welcome here

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-oakland-raiders-1836667319

Fully, entirely aware that everyone here likely reads every one of these anyway but the best ones are the ones that require no jokes

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Timby posted:

I just saw that Nick Martin, formerly of Deadspin and currently of Splinter, is leaving for a new gig.

In the usual GMG roast post, there was a comment from Billy Haisley.

He's Deadspin's news editor now.

God help us all.

if it means he doesn't write any loving articles then i'm all for it as much as it's a pretty clear signifier of that site's continuing downfall

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

when I said the site was going down in quality I basically just meant it's not as funny anymore

I'd sub too, tbh

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2007/10/27/georgiaflorida-a-summary

Shove a tree up my rear end sideways and call me a national park

That site came around right when I was dipping my toe into for-real college football fandom and somehow made me care about Florida

Not as a fan, per se, but...I definitely cared

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

hands down the dullest articles they do, i'd rather read five 10,000 word anti-ownership screeds than one of these

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

Why does he look like someone just caught him committing a sexual crime in every photo

well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Nate does great work - his book is definitely work a pick up as well