Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Nice take spoenak

It was a traumatic event for the city so it's not surprising that they lionize a team that won that year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The true mark of a sport is whether you could actually have a date during it. Battlebots and video games are invalidated

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This checks out. Jockeys should also now (again) carry lances

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Such a strange story to die on

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

MourningView posted:

I get wanting editorial autonomy and being upset when someone swoops in and messes with the site against the objections of the editorial staff, but yeah they really should not have allowed it to be published in the first place and it'd be kinda nice if they recognized that somehow.

Yeah that's the real problem. I get wanting autonomy, but this shouldn't have gotten through in the first place

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Sash! posted:

I love anything that tells me about the crime against humanity that is buying stamps.

Having your limbs cut off and your torso thrown to wolves pales in comparison to buying stamps, which is the worst thing man has ever endured.

You can buy stamps at most ATMs attached to banks...

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Yeah in the same way I pretended to only have 1 beer tonight

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Everything I've read about Skip offscreen has been positive. It's...disconcerting

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Also Coates refused to work with him even though Whitlock offered triple the salary

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I think it's a bit of both. The only reason anyone's knows what's going on is Howard writes about it once a quarter. ESPN has shown nothing that indicates support for the project since canning Whitlock

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Putting walls on courts that close would cause so many injuries my god

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Good to hear about Jonah, I thought he was their best baseball writer (which is saying something because I thought they were all good).

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It also had to do with Rick Reilly getting the interview, which pissed Simmons off to no end.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It didn't go anywhere because FIFA threatened to suspend anyone who joined in, right before the World Cup

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Also it gives nasty turf burns

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

There are plenty of heavy basketball sites to choose from

Deadspins issue isn't that's it's heavy on soccer, it's that the pieces are overwrought garbage

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I can't follow bomani because of his volume of tweets. He's never turned down a beef on Twitter and it's incredibly irritating. He and Ta-Nehisi need to take a class on letting sleeping dogs lie

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

For people defending Peter Thiel: What is to stop other rich people from pressuring journalists/publications with lawsuits until they don't print something?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Why do you guys let Bill Simmons bother you this much

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Does SBNation still have that insane content minimum? I remember a soccer blog I followed leaving them because they wanted a a minimum of 8 articles a day

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Mahoning posted:

I don't understand the move....it seems like a move you would make to increase parity but 6 different teams have won the MLS Cup the last 6 years soooooo....I don't get it. And 2 leg aggregate series give each team a home game, which is cool.

The major benefit is getting the entire playoff done between the October and November international windows. Currently 2/3rds the playoff is completed, then a two week break happens, for internationals, and the remainder is completed. Edges in December which is insane.

The drawback is revenue for the team that loses its home leg, but this is done with the sport in mind over revenue, which is a shockingly good idea.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

hot dog go on Chapo

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Bonilla deserves his own special mention in the HoF for that contract.

The Bonilla contract was actually good from a TVM standpoint! I will die on this hill.

What the Mets did with the money available to them as they pushed into the horizon was the problem.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I mean, M4A will need a ton of admins so I’d imagine most of the current employees would just transition there

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

JOEY FRESHWATER

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Tiki can come home to UVA anytime he wants

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Imagine being impressed that someone went to Florida State

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I had the same issue and they fixed it via the online chat support in like 5 minutes