Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

komuso posted:

Post-rave was the #1 thing that made gbsfm unique and interesting.

To be fair, it was interesting and unique, but that uniqueness wore off when it was 2 years later and it was still the same things played. It got old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

To be fair, the station is much more interesting now that people are mostly just adding unplayed dongs form the irc channel - "@a up" saves us (mostly) form all that old postrave crap, most "outsider" nonsense and japanesu gimmicking.

Hell, even I don't hijack any more!

...because I can't!

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It doesn't save you from the 8-bit versions of Sonic 3 tracks I uploaded though.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Sounds like it's time for the second wave of post-rave. Honestly I thought all of the post-rave stuff was both amusing and listenable, it just doesn't need to be uniformly 9 minutes and 59 seconds long.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Sounds like it's time for the second wave of post-rave. Honestly I thought all of the post-rave stuff was both amusing and listenable, it just doesn't need to be uniformly 9 minutes and 59 seconds long.

Actually it does. That's kind of the point.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Doctor Zero posted:

Actually it does. That's kind of the point.
No, it doesn't. It needs to be 10 minutes and 59 seconds long now. :colbert:

And I wasn't around for the original post-rave era, but what little I've heard of it is kind of amusing, but most post-rave dongs get old after the first four minutes.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Haifisch posted:

No, it doesn't. It needs to be 10 minutes and 59 seconds long now. :colbert:
There's a high chance that it'd be banned though. I made a song 11 minutes long and it's on that manual ban list. I'm not bitter about it, I did make it that long specifically so that it could be played without requesting it.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Goodbye Puffery (again).

He'll be back.

StevePerry fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 27, 2011

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

There's a high chance that it'd be banned though. I made a song 11 minutes long and it's on that manual ban list. I'm not bitter about it, I did make it that long specifically so that it could be played without requesting it.

It's not a manual ban list. Assuming the song in question is the chipmunks one it's autobanned because it's 11 minutes long. The maximum length is 10 minutes and 59 seconds. Different MP3 libraries will often report a slight difference in song length. A professional post-raver will account for this.

edit: nevermind, seems someone has manually banned it too. I fixed it.

Comfy Chairs fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 27, 2011

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

MisterLizard posted:

edit: nevermind, seems someone has manually banned it too. I fixed it.
I wasn't expecting it to be unbanned, but thanks anyway. I imagine someone banned it because it was sped up to fit in the time limit, but it also has new instruments added so it's a bit of a grey area.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

I wasn't expecting it to be unbanned, but thanks anyway. I imagine someone banned it because it was sped up to fit in the time limit, but it also has new instruments added so it's a bit of a grey area.

Yeah compressing /editing music just to fit within the limit is frowned upon and will probably get something banned.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I still don't even understand what the hell post-rave is, but I think it's hilarious.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't really get what's hilarious about forcing most of the GBS-FM audience to turn the volume down to 0 for 11 minutes once every hour, but it's OK, whatever; it's an opportunity to go pee or take a brief walk outside or something. It's like commercial radio, except the commercial breaks are 11 minutes long.

But eh, whatever. How can anyone get worked up about GBS-FM? It's not, like, important or anything. It's just goon music radio thingy. That ranting pro-post-rave dude needs to calm down. If he desperately needs to hear a certain dong, he can just play it on his iPod or whatever?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
The badmins are repressing a musical revolution and then polluting it with watered down, inferior versions of his genius! THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! FASCIST SCUM!

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

trouser chili posted:

I still don't even understand what the hell post-rave is, but I think it's hilarious.

Yeah can we get a link or something.

Donkey Darko
Aug 13, 2007

I do not lust for blood or death. I prepare for the warrior's call.

Doctor Malaver posted:

http://gbs.fm

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Doctor Malaver posted:

http://www.youtube.com/postrave

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Wow! That was like a bad Scooby-Doo episode!

I admit that I enjoy some post-rave stuff, but there is a limit. That being said, please make some more new stuff!

Whoever is adding "Government Alpha" owes me a new set of headphones. That was not cool!

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

mastersord posted:

Whoever is adding "Government Alpha" owes me a new set of headphones. That was not cool!

fibblins is my favorite new gbsfmer.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

If he desperately needs to hear a certain dong, he can just play it on his iPod or whatever?

He may be the only person in the world who actually does play non-DJ Magnetic Dozer post-rave on his ipod.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

trouser chili posted:

It's only hilarious the first few times, after the 100th time it becomes poo poo.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Talas posted:

It's only hilarious the first few times, after the 100th time it becomes poo poo.
Ah yes. The ol' post-rave debate. I defer to a scholar:

SickenTide posted:

This kind of music existed long before the so-called trolls made it big around here. Back then, most people just called it lovely techno. I call it music and in that sense it hasn't changed one bit in my eyes. If you think it stopped being funny, tough poo poo, this is what you get for thinking of it as a joke in the first place.

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

SickenTide is the only proponent of Noise I can (and do) respect.

The rest of you? FYO

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

He may be the only person in the world who actually does play non-DJ Magnetic Dozer post-rave on his ipod.

To be fair, you have to admit you haven't actually asked any Uzbekis.

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Donkey Darko posted:

http://gbs.fm

Seems to be down today?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Tyrion posted:

Seems to be down today?
A team of totally ripped dudes in overalls and oversized wrenches are working on it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Not functioning is what post-post-post-rave is all about.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Peachstapler posted:

A team of totally ripped dudes in overalls and oversized wrenches are working on it.

I hope it comes back up soon so I can listen to it at work. GBS.FM was where I learned Peach Stapler is a cool dude. It also helped me get through some messy romantic entanglements that left a gaggle of greasers hunting me down to beat me to a pulp.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Not Dracula posted:

I hope it comes back up soon so I can listen to it at work. GBS.FM was where I learned Peach Stapler is a cool dude. It also helped me get through some messy romantic entanglements that left a gaggle of greasers hunting me down to beat me to a pulp.

This thread right here is actually the best place to learn that Peachstapler is a cool dude. If you think his audio art is brilliant, peep his visual art. Actually, you can see a small sample of it to the left of this text.

:burger::hf::burger:

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
Any ETA on a site fix? I'm dyin' here.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Beelzebozo posted:

:burger::hf::burger:
Thanks for the plug. :burger::hf::burger:
I think Not Dracula owns a Steve Perrycop print of mine. He's an OG.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Scuttles internet is down right now, he popped on early this morning to let us know.
We don't know when it'll be back, but lets hope it's soon!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

You can get to the site by the new IP: http://46.59.2.191/playlist

and stream : http://46.59.2.191:8001

while the DNS propagates.

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp
Switched to different ISP and back online as soon as the DNS change propagates to your friendly local service provider.

edit: ^^^ or that for the terminally impatient.

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug
Stuff is back up

Use http://46.59.2.191 and http://46.59.2.191:8001 until the DNS has updated

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
It lives! Thanks for putting it back up.

I'm questioning this choice of Pitbull as return music though.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Nihiliste posted:

It lives! Thanks for putting it back up.

I'm questioning this choice of Pitbull as return music though.

I added Thomas Dolby first. :colbert:

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Peachstapler posted:

Thanks for the plug. :burger::hf::burger:
I think Not Dracula owns a Steve Perrycop print of mine. He's an OG.

I own everything but your latest!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Not Dracula posted:

I own everything but your latest!

You should order it because it's loving baller. Here is me and Pixel standing in front of our copy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beelzebozo posted:

You should order it because it's loving baller. Here is me and Pixel standing in front of our copy:

Your cat is quite tall.

• Locked thread