Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

Doctor Malaver posted:

Hey guys if I wanted to hear some Christmas songs (ironic or not) on Christmas, I would tune in to... I don't know, ANY radio station anywhere.

Let me play Dead Embryonic Cells for you.

That's a WIGGLEing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Lareine posted:

gently caress you, our Christmas songs are special!

Maybe they're special but they sure ain't good!

I better start making those tokens so that this time next year I can push a 24 hr Sepultura / Machine Head / Fear Factory Christmas special.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

gbs.fm is down baby down, listen to this link in case of Christmas emergency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xajv-YAYUJk

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO
A strange sense of otherworldliness came over me yesterday evening when I was piping DaWolfey's Klaus Wunderlich block through to the stereo system downstairs. Goon radio for a family gathering seemed so wrong. My wife and daughter were exchanging "he's getting old/he's high again" glances while I remained apprehensive in case DW decided to insert a short wake-up blast of Anal oval office. However, the stream broke, and we sat Klausless.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Underflow posted:

A strange sense of otherworldliness came over me yesterday evening when I was piping DaWolfey's Klaus Wunderlich block through to the stereo system downstairs. Goon radio for a family gathering seemed so wrong. My wife and daughter were exchanging "he's getting old/he's high again" glances while I remained apprehensive in case DW decided to insert a short wake-up blast of Anal oval office. However, the stream broke, and we sat Klausless.

You don't have a bunch of Klaus Wunderlich records for emergencies? What kind of terrible person are you?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Yes I played every last christmasy Jingle Cats song uploaded. I regret nothing. :colbert:

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Jerry Cotton posted:

You don't have a bunch of Klaus Wunderlich records for emergencies? What kind of terrible person are you?

I have the entire Ultra Lounge collection, which has oodles of Wanderley, but the others sneaked in their own stuff before I could do something. What can one man do?

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

SumYungGui posted:

Yes I played every last christmasy Jingle Cats song uploaded. I regret nothing. :colbert:

How nice of you to volunteer as a victim of mod abuse. Now we can show the other users that the only way to participate is BLACK SANTANIC METAL.

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

Jormagund posted:

How nice of you to volunteer as a victim of mod abuse. Now we can show the other users that the only way to participate is BLACK SANTANIC METAL.

If only there was an international day to celebrate Metal.

Then we could ban that poo poo for 353 days a year until it was seasonally appropriate.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

MisterLizard posted:

If only there was an international day to celebrate Metal.

Then we could ban that poo poo for 353 days a year until it was seasonally appropriate.

Could probably figure out 12 months of metal

January for the cold frost bitten northern metal
February for black metal
March for irish metal
April for joke and gimmick metal
etc

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

Ruby got Railed posted:

Could probably figure out 12 months of metal

January for the cold frost bitten northern metal
February for black metal
March for irish metal
April for joke and gimmick metal
etc

Well I could probably live through January's grim and frostbitten. That stuff doesn't irk me so bad.

March sounds terrifying, unless it has thrash bagpipes.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

i suppose it could be expanded to celtic, folkmetal etc

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
On the first day of Metal, GBS gave to me...

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
A Costes in a poo poo tree.

Fantasmo
Dec 19, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Am I banned from playing music? The last couple of times my song has come up on the playlist it plays some 8-bit thing instead.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Fantasmo posted:

Am I banned from playing music? The last couple of times my song has come up on the playlist it plays some 8-bit thing instead.
No?

quote:

Last ten Fantasmo additions:

• Sloan (Twice Removed) - People Of The Sky (Wed 11th Jan 2012 at 3:45:57 PM)
  • The Kinks (Low Budget (Remastered)) - Catch Me Now I'm Falling (Sat 7th Jan 2012 at 12:19:52 AM)
  • Carlos Montoya (Art Of Flamenco) - Fandanguillo (Fri 6th Jan 2012 at 11:49:17 PM)
  • Radiohead (The Bends) - Black Star (Fri 6th Jan 2012 at 11:15:57 PM)
  • Bomb the Music Industry! (Scrambles) - It Shits!!! (Thu 15th Dec 2011 at 7:01:35 PM)
  • Austrian Death Machine (Double Brutal) - Conan, What Is Best In Life? (Tue 13th Dec 2011 at 8:31:07 PM)
  • Carlos Montoya (Art Of Flamenco) - Petenera (Tue 13th Dec 2011 at 6:32:48 PM)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic (Off the Deep End) - Taco Grande (Mon 12th Dec 2011 at 10:28:41 PM)
  • Dogs (Tall Stories from Under the Table) - Dirty Little Shop (Mon 12th Dec 2011 at 7:14:31 PM)
  • Creed (Alternative Times Vol. 4) - With Arms Wide Open (Mon 12th Dec 2011 at 2:02:41 PM)

None of those appear to be 8-bit music, so you're probably looking at the wrong thing.

Fantasmo
Dec 19, 2008

by Fistgrrl
The Carlos Montoya and Sloan have come up to the top of the list, and then it says it's playing my song but it's sounds all 8-bit and it's not what I chose. Weird.

did anyone actually hear that sloan song just now cuz I heard nintendo music instead?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Fantasmo posted:

The Carlos Montoya and Sloan have come up to the top of the list, and then it says it's playing my song but it's sounds all 8-bit and it's not what I chose. Weird.

did anyone actually hear that sloan song just now cuz I heard nintendo music instead?
The Nintendo music was my add. Are you sure you weren't looking at my add and thinking it was your song? There's always the possibility your addition was a corrupt file and the system auto-skipped it.

edit: or... did you hear an 8-bit "bees" song? That would mean you weren't connected to the stream properly. I bet that's what happened.

StevePerry fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 11, 2012

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib
Fantasmo:

The stream crashed when your song came up. You were hearing the 8-bit "Bees" music that plays when that happens. Are these songs all things you uploaded? There might be something wrong with the files you uploaded or the station's handling of them.

Edit: possibly a problem with non-mp3 uploads in general, not just you

Dominus Vobiscum fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 11, 2012

Fantasmo
Dec 19, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Thanks guys. I thought I was being punished for some of my lovely uploads. Yeah I uploaded from my itunes so I guess they aren't technically mp3s, but I've uploaded stuff from itunes before and it worked. Anyways, thanks for the responses.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib
It's definitely not just you.

It used to work, and it might be working again now. We'll find out!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Peachstapler posted:

The Nintendo music was my add. Are you sure you weren't looking at my add and thinking it was your song? There's always the possibility your addition was a corrupt file and the system auto-skipped it.

edit: or... did you hear an 8-bit "bees" song? That would mean you weren't connected to the stream properly. I bet that's what happened.

Speaking of the bees song, is it possible to get a link to download/buy it?

And does GBS-FM have DJ RSS feeds again?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Mister Macys posted:

Speaking of the bees song, is it possible to get a link to download/buy it?

I found the original(?) and disco version on tindeck. I think I have the 8-bit version somewhere, I can upload it later if no one beats me to it.

grorious 8-bit bees

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 13, 2012

KronK
Nov 22, 2005

It seems something has changed recently to not allow the Track # field to be blank. Trying to do so causes a 500 server error.

Just thought I'd post in case anyone else has been running into that problem.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
So what exactly is the history of bees? I've always been curious.

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

A goon by the name of Verix created a song called "Bees", with the line Oh poo poo it's bees dot mp3, and I'm like, at-sign spam bees. This caused a lot of people in IRC to try typing @spam bees, to see what it did. Which was nothing, so kalleboo added something to the IRC bot (desu, IIRC) which made it print an ASCII image of bees every second time someone typed that.

Shortly afterwards bee-mania took firm grip, and several instrumental covers were created, including the chiptune version you hear today. Verix then created a breakcore version of the Bee Gees' Tragedy, cleverly disguising it under layers of noise, distortion and amen breaks.

My memory gets a little hazy after that.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
I thought we were using the original bees.mp3 before Verix made that song. It was my understanding that some goon made it and posted it in some random thread and Kaleboo grabbed it to replace the Holy Grail Intermission song as the error music.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
It used to be Quack Eep - Mac sounds set to Blue Monday

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
After an eight month hiatus due to the management at my work blocking just about every fun website on the internet, I'm back to GBS-fm thanks to a phone upgrade. I now have a Galaxy Nexus capable of IRC and streaming media.

It's good to be back!

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

DaWolfey posted:

It used to be Quack Eep - Mac sounds set to Blue Monday

Of course! How did I forget about Quack Eep?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DaWolfey posted:

I can see other people able to upload by FTP no problem. It was fixed on the 22nd. Have you tried since then ?

If you could pop on to irc we could try and get this sorted out.

I was able to finally try this today and was able to successfully log on and upload songs via ftp.

Issue resolved!

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Hey everything is blacked out! Great! I'm gonna turn off all the lights at home and pretend that this is Underground Rebel Resistance Radio Station and we are saving the world by choosing songs and I have a girlfriend warrior in amazon outfit and I will save her too by picking a Nick Cave's song!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Help! I can't see poo poo... oh, it's a SOPA thing, carry on then.

Fantasmo
Dec 19, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I liked it better all blacked out it was cool. No spoilers on the playlist.

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.

Farquar posted:

Of course! How did I forget about Quack Eep?

Ahh, memories: http://tindeck.com/listen/cjxz

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
Chipping in with a fix for last.fm, if you use foobar2000 with Florian's component instead of the official poo poo.

All you have to do is configure it like usual, only add these field remapping scripts:

For artist:
code:
[$ifgreater($strstr(%path%,gbs.fm),0,$left(%artist%,$sub($strchr(%artist%,'('),1)),%artist%)]
For album:
code:
[$ifgreater($strstr(%path%,gbs.fm),0,$if($strcmp($put(a,$substr(%artist%,$add($strchr(%artist%,'('),1),$sub($strrchr(%artist%,')'),1))),'(empty)'),,$get(a)),%album%)]
And for title:
code:
[$ifgreater($strstr(%path%,gbs.fm),0,$left(%title%,$sub($strrchr(%title%,'['),1)),%title%)]
Perhaps the match rule for GBS FM could be made more specific, in case you care that it may trigger on any path that happens to contain "gbs.fm", but this should be good enough for most cases.

Of course, if you don't want GBS.FM completely wrecking your last.fm charts, that's perfectly understandable.

EDIT: Slight change to accomodate "(empty)" album titles.

kode54 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 22, 2012

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

newsomnuke posted:

A goon by the name of Verix created a song called "Bees", with the line Oh poo poo it's bees dot mp3, and I'm like, at-sign spam bees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKHER9JvkSQ is the source of the music that is used in the original Bees

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

mmmmmm, Late night Eurodance blocks

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

Kilonum posted:

mmmmmm, Late night Eurodance blocks

E-Rotic is the worst Eurodance, there's no need for that kind of pain. I could scrape together a better cheese mix in 30 minutes or less.

edit: God, I really just played the elite card on the subject of eurodance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
E-Rotic is like Lords of Acid to me, a totally awesome but guilty pleasure.

• Locked thread