Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Venetian Snares is kind of an accquired taste; my first exposure to it was listening to nothing but Venetian Snares at home for three or four days and I think it broke me. But don't worry, most of the music played on gbs.fm is usually totally tolerable!

oh, as an aside: spoken word isn't allowed! I guess they forgot to mention that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Today gbs.fm taught me about a band named Koenjihyakkei. I cannot pronounce it but they are loving rad as all gently caress even though, like, nobody else liked them. We joke about inflicting our music on others but every once in a while you find something you really, really like.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Jetsetlemming posted:

cum fiesta into Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight into Buttmachine

This is a pretty amazing string of songs after all that DJ bullshit

I uploaded that! It's always cool to see someone playing stuff you've uploaded.

(it's also a sign that people are using the search function, which is also awesome)

p.s. Nihiliste's show is rad

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 14, 2010

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

There are worse things than growly rage-man metal; we could do a Power multi-Hour of Venetian Snares. Songs for the whole GBS-FM family like "Sybian Rock", "A Giant Alien Force More Violent And Sick Than Anything You Can Imagine", "Befriend A Child Killer", "A Penis Is Just A Great Big Clitoris With A Piss Hole", "Halfway Up The Stairway Of Mucus" and "Die Winnipeg Die Die Die Fuckers Die"!

(I actually like Venetian Snares... except for Halfway Up The Stairway Of Mucus, which is Stairway To Heaven played through digitized bagpipes made of Satan's bowels. It is bad and terrible and should never be played.)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

And I just realised we don't have Venetian Snares' "Halfway Up The Stairway Of Mucus". Uploading now.

As a Venetian Snares fan: gently caress you, that poo poo is beyond terrible.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Scuttle_SE posted:

I just got info from my ISP that their upgrade is halfway done, the fiber has been upgraded, so the site should enjoy much better speeds forthwith.

I just ran a speedtest, and the results are... encouraging.

Hey Americans, remember how the government gave Internet companies a bunch of money to upgrade our network capacity so we could post stuff like this, and then they didn't? That was great!

gently caress!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

So <name omitted to not start drama> was banned?

I can think of a bunch of people whose names go there in differing situations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Sounds like it's time for the second wave of post-rave. Honestly I thought all of the post-rave stuff was both amusing and listenable, it just doesn't need to be uniformly 9 minutes and 59 seconds long.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The badmins are repressing a musical revolution and then polluting it with watered down, inferior versions of his genius! THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! FASCIST SCUM!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I didn't have a dad. Thanks, fuckwads :colbert:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Peachstapler posted:

Hmm, I wondered why that happened all of a sudden when I was paying for my groceries.

Wait.

Are you not supposed to go full-on erect when swiping your credit card at Wal-mart?

gently caress!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

So what exactly is the history of bees? I've always been curious.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

DaWolfey posted:

We're having a theme day!

Add songs featuring insane ramblings of crazy people and you may get yourself a lil' token of our appreciation for anything extra special (a token).

Sadly I didn't have enough tokens free to queue up every batshit Venetian Snares song :(

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The last few Venetian Snares EPs are totally listenable* though.

* for values of "listenable"

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Three of us watched three Japanese men eat at ten American burger chains. These guys are true heroes.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

It sounds like some of you need to start a competing user-generated-playlist forum-related Internet radio station

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The gbs.fm/radiour source code isn't available because it's embarrassingly lovely, right?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Scuttle_SE posted:

Picking this up again, Jonnty seems to be busy with Real Life, so if someone feels like wasting a weekend or two getting the site moved to a newer platform, it would be much appreciated

The site is currently running under Django 1.2.7. If possible, it would be nice to upgrade this to something a bit newer...

yo I'm not a super regular gbs-fm user anymore but I just finished a dumb webdev bootcamp and I could prrrrrobably do a rewrite of the thing in python 2.7 and django 1.11? could even go python 3 and django 2, unless there's some prerequisites that just don't have a python 3 package. maybe bolt on a few features like being able to queue an unplayed dong from the website instead of using the IRC bot, poo poo like that

is what's live at gbs.fm the same code as what's present at https://github.com/brownan/G2 (last updated dec 2010)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tankakern posted:

UnboundLocalError at /register
local variable 'profile' referenced before assignment
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://gbs.fm/register
Django Version: 1.2.7
Exception Type: UnboundLocalError
Exception Value:
local variable 'profile' referenced before assignment
Exception Location: /home/jonnty/pydj/playlist/views.py in newregister, line 1152

tried to register myself

maybe i already have?

have you ever had a namechange? your account might be under your old SA username

which like isn't what that error message really implies but if you think you've ever registered before under an old username you could try that

e: I got bored and assumed that userIDs are ascending based on registration date on gbs.fm and started looking through http://gbs.fm/user/xxxx for your name. didn't find you but holy poo poo one of the last users in that list is http://gbs.fm/user/4198 and that person added a song to the playlist in october of 2016. registration's really slowed down, huh

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 1, 2018

• Locked thread