Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish

Dragonwagon posted:

Oh hey, I just noticed I have a token. Is getting those automated based on upload count or something?

Oh, how I wish that were true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Send help

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007

Jerry Cotton's last ten additions posted:

Nena (99 Luftballons) - 99 Luftballons (Sun 19th May 2013 at 4:51:46 PM)
Austrian Death Machine (A Very Brutal Christmas) - Jingle Bells (Fri 17th May 2013 at 10:01:22 AM)
Rebecca Black, as performed by Bob Dylan () - Friday (Thu 16th May 2013 at 10:31:44 PM)

Just in case anyone might get the idea this guy in an authority on anything music-related.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007

Doctor Malaver posted:

A fair warning to those who interfere with early morning (ET) black / death metal sets - punishment will be cruel and eternal.

Pffft. If you long-haired Satan-worshippers can make me turn down the volume all the time to save my ears from being violated by burp-songs, I can interrupt your devil-music, too.

Thwarting each other's attempts to inflict one's tastes upon listeners is all part of the GBS-FM spirit.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007

Merijn posted:

I agree with mfcrocker.

Either should be possible though - we already have 'unplayed only' days.

We do??

Generally, these ideas don't make a lot of sense though. A low rating may just be due to Jerry Cotton's mental issues.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Yeah. Even ignoring people with lovely taste, the point is that ratings are basically meaningless. Until you have at least a dozen people voting it's not even close to a representation of how much most people will like it. And even then it could have just been all the metalheads or noise fans rating dongs after everyone else has tuned out out of disgust.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
I had Nyanbeat on my ipod at one point. I listened to the whole thing on the go at least once.

You assholes have broken me.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Don't worry about it, whatever you upload will likely improve our collection's overall quality.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
I don't name the songs, I just don't acknowledge those who did.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
For those we lost that year? Sure, I like it.

There's also a suggestion thread in the glorious and super-active gbs-fm forums.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007

Lareine posted:

I haven't even listened to most of the music I've uploaded. I essentially just download random albums from what.cd and upload them. It seems to be working out better than uploading the latest Mash-up Your Bootz. People seem to appreciate it more.

There is no reason why you can't do both. :colbert:

Lareine is 16/f/nextdoor. Go for it, buddy! Grab her by the pussy!

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

I still like the description that it's musical education via stockholm syndrome. Other goons expose you to their music and because they are terrible people it's all terrible poo poo until you learn to appreciate it.

And the server is in Sweden... Coincidence??

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

I mean, I got introduced to Van Canto by gbsfm and originally it was a funny riddly-diddly joke and now I've seen them twice live and they're just great :3:

(admittedly they're one of the less offensive bands to get introduced to)

When I first heard Melt-Banana I was weirded out. Then they grew on me.

...I'm seeing them live in December.

GBS-FM: We Will Break You Yet

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Come to the chat and beg like the little Basch bitch you are.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Also you can add a custom URL in TuneIn, it's what I've been using on my tablet.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
add dongs erry day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
There's a clue in the "life irc chat!" link to the left of the dongs!

• Locked thread