Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
We're all big fans of Journey at the station, so please, queue them up from time-to-time. Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Nihiliste posted:

Need to be a little more open-minded!
I'll help you blossom into the beautiful flower you know you are deep inside.

*adds My Little Pony Theme Song*

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

dev/null posted:

One humble request:
One feature I miss from the original version is the time when your dong is scheduled for play.
I used a calculator to find out what time my song is going to play tomorrow.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
110 listeners? That's great. Well done. This is the kind of listenership that brings post-rave artists out of retirement.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

SumYungGui posted:

Songs that just happen to be nine minutes and fifty nine seconds long consisting entirely of a fifteen second loop repeated the entire time are not music, gently caress your attempts at justification.
This appears to be completely incorrect.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Cemetry Gator posted:

Have you guys ever had to ban someone from uploading?
Christina Carmi.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

I'm posting my good stuff guys, if you want me to queue up some of my more 'experimental' tracks I'd be happy to oblige.
Yeah, don't queue anymore of whatever you added. Your absolute shittiest work is probably going to be more warmly received, if I can offer you some advice here, after all this is GBS-FM.

StevePerry fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 18, 2010

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
The lack of Journey is a terrifying notion.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Doctor Zero posted:

Good advice to triple check, especially Coil since they often have a bunch of different versions. However, in this case it looks like it got chopped. I upped the Coil pretty early on and I think the FTP was having issues. I'll fix it when I get home.

:cheers:

PS: Add more Coil
Though I'm sure we're pleased that we can finally play Red Queen without requesting a temp unban, I'm going to edit playable versions of other 'Musick' tracks. You know, to keep the darkness sealed within.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Jormagund posted:

Just like on the first version of the station we don't like home made edits
But, we did make edits for those tracks in 2004/5 and played them often, it was easier than logging into IRC and hunting someone down to unban something...

They're edited and up'd, if you want to delete them just dive in, they're at the top of my recent list. No tears will be shed.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Not a problem, gentlemen. You cannot have uneven ground when it comes to ground rules. Slippery slopes are unsavory, avoid them at all costs.

DaWolfey posted:

The rule of thumb here is "Don't damage that dong"
We find ourselves on the same page once again, old friend. Let us commence with the banning of the Apologetix discography!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Boy of Joy posted:

Cool, registered.

So were any tracks migrated from the old gbs-fm, or is this like a clean slate? I uploaded a shitload of songs back in the day. The comments on some of those old tracks were hilarious. Guess it's time to get crackin.
Some songs were migrated automatically, but all the comments were lost. You were a good uploader, I'm glad you're back.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Sorry for the double post, but is anybody else having trouble uploading at the moment? It seems to upload all the track, but then stalls for a while before telling me (1205, 'Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction') among lots of other stuff.
I just uploaded an MP3 and it worked fine.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Linkin Park got skipped? Hopefully it was just a glitch and not deliberate. Not that I was wanting to listen to it but I thought the point of gbs.fm was to play any music people wanted.
Anything the mods want to skip, they can skip. This has always been the way it goes.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

DaWolfey posted:

Only the most OCD about correct tagging get to be a mod!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

A Pinball Wizard posted:

http://j883376.mirror.waffleimages.com/waffleimages/files/53/5347deac6f69d1b0e6b4464e9823c0e5e1107a5a.jpg

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Incoherence posted:

Just wait until we get Power Hours running again.
Six hour block of David Bowie.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Modest buffering begins for me whenever Bob Pokosy begins to play. After 3 minutes it's fine though and the buffering stops. Has anyone else noticed this?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Robot Hobo posted:

Where can I get more DJ Magnetic Dozer?
I hear he's setting up something public for his works. In the interim, go into IRC and contact golden_appel, I believe he has what you're looking for.

Once public, we'll see how far the Pokosy goes, and eventually we'll see if anyone knowsies.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
What kind of steps are being taken by Jonnty & Co. to bring Bob Pokosy back from the disabled list? Are the number of comments directly to blame and how do you forsee this being handled? Is there a gameplan? Do you knowsy how this will affect the morale of the station if Bob Pokosy cannot be added every three days?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Well I did make this which combines both your favourite things. It's not the same, I know, but hopefully it'll be able to tide us over in these troubling times.
I've never added Bob Pokosy to the playlist. Although, I have voted it 5.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Gentlemen, please!
We can all love Journey in our own ways.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Doctor Zero posted:

Separate ways?
Someday soon, we will all faithfully accept Journey with open arms. I won't nickel and dime you Doc; the winds of march are upon us. And when you think it's just the rain, deep inside your soul something lights up for more Journey. It's then you realize you can't tame the lion, and you find yourself crossing the rubicon while humming Don't Stop Believin'.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Just dropping in to see how the operation to circumvent buffering when Bob Pokosy is played. Sadly, in a few months this will eventually affect other songs (ICP's "Miracles" and ELO's "Mr. Blue Sky" instantly come to mind).

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Cool, I was checking out the bug wiki database thing and didn't spot it there. Thanks for the update!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Good work on Bob Pokosy, we're one step closer to perfecting the science of adding it to the playlist.

Some of you may have already caught word on the street, so I apologize if this is a repost, but this is opening on 11/11/10: http://djmagneticdozer.com

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Nihiliste posted:

Stream's still fine here, need other people to tune in and test though!

For convenience: http://gbs.fm:8080/listen.pls
I've been listening without a hitch for days. The last buffering I had was the last time Bob Pokosy played.

Speaking of, any progress with the fix?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
It's back!

edit: I was using old Firefox URLs to blindly add songs there during the 'downtime', if anyone was curious.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
DJMD's website has gone live, and to celebrate, an event has begun.

StevePerry fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 10, 2010

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Is this limited strictly to sampling the original? No cover versions?

Also :lol: at the copyright notice.
Pretty sure covers (or anything inspired by the original) would be accepted.

Then again, I'm not DJMD, so I can't speak for him. :psyduck:

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Ever heard of a street promoter?

More than one submission is fine. If more questions arise, there's a thread on this topic in the station's oft-used text-based apiary, ahem, I mean forums.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
The isolated "Bob Pokosy" sample has been officially hosted on the front page of https://www.djmagneticdozer.com for anyone creating remixes. We've heard some amazing work so far. Stuff that's so good I just close my eyes and I post-rave so hard the veins pop out in my neck.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Obviously we just need to take a leaf out of Peachstapler's book and play TMBG non-stop.
That only works with good bands like Journey.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

Ever notice nobody other than you adds Journey? Maybe there's a reason for that.
Yeah, you're right, I mean nobod...

OH MY WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Just a friendly two-month follow-up on the Bob Pokosy {extended} technical issue. Has any progress been made?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Nihiliste posted:

I think that Peachstapler is the guy jonesing for Power Hours, really.
That vaguely sounds like you're saying I am the only person who wants this. Power Hour was a phenomenal democratic event that drew people back to the station (and forums), working together via an honor system to add 30-40 songs in a row of a particular artist. And it happened every week for over four years, without fail, even on Christmas (although it was sort of beat on the holidays). The new incarnation of the station really needs poll functionality (and editing) before I can do anything like g1. I can't control voting off-site; it opens up the possibility of multiple registrations for a single user, which would be an easy way to tip the polls in favor of a particular artist. It's supposed to be for fun, after all, so why leave the door open for someone to ruin it? It will always happen (the latest example, Christina Carmi cockblocking every Thursday at 1-minute past the hour by adding the Apologetix).

You're free to disprove the above, but what I said has already been posted months ago in the Power Hour sub-forum, so if you (or anyone) wants to go there and pour a tall glass of suggestion for me, I am all ears. That said, PH was something I enjoyed doing and yes, I'd gladly do it again. And I'm sure we'd have people lining back up to participate (and maybe flood those little green forums with some life).

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Jerry Cotton posted:

More covers of "Don't Stop Believin'", please. It's a great song.
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/troll/troll4.wav

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Jerry Cotton posted:

Uhh... so it's a bad song that nobody can genuinely prefer over the utter poo poo (just my opinion) that most of the songs I've heard on GBS FM are, just because it's massively popular now? Is that what your saying? (No, I've never watched Glee.)
No man, I'm saying welcome, stay awhile, and add some Journey!

That soundbite is just from Troll, in the scene where the main troll welcomes the midget Lionel Richie elf to his kingdom.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh, I thought you were implying I'm a troll. Sorry.
That's okay, after I posted that realized I should be cutting down on the times I drop quotes from obscure '80s horror flicks. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Mucho thanks for the mention, Beelz. :burger::hf::burger:

bushes posted:

drat, well I know what I'm adding next. That would make a lovely centerpiece to a dinner table. How long did that take to do?
Took about a week to get most of it done. The hair was the most difficult part and I got sick of fussing with it after awhile. The bust is life-size so it weighs roughly 80 pounds.

For inspiration, I put the "Hello" video on loop for several hours while I marathon-sculpted. I can now sing the song and act out the video on command (and probably will always be able to).

• Locked thread