Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm loving So Appalled so far, and drat there's just so much awesome in all of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Brett824 posted:

Something tells me he wont.
Oh wow. Go cry about it some more Kanye. I'm really liking these songs, but posts like that remind me why I used to hate him.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

the Bunt posted:

That's...interesting.

Have Kanye and Em ever collabed on a track? I would like to hear that.

They were both on Drake's Forever.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Miles O'Brian posted:

Theres certainly some imagery in that video that I appreciate. If you know what I mean.

This was of course the best part of all runaway.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat this thread got really stupid really fast

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wow Matt Lauer obviously does not care and went all the way even showing Kanye's tweets. Well that sucks for Kanye, good on him that he called them out on it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Barely listening to this, and I gotta say Dark Fantasy is so loving awesome. Can't wait til I listen to the rest, I avoided most of the leaks so far.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat I think Jay slays it with both verses, on Monster though he's just eclipsed by Nicki's amazing verse. But this is some awesome stuff from Jay especially after Blueprint 3 which I hated.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Guys you know all of that poo poo is loving ridiculous.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wow at first I thought that it was my car that made songs like Monster sound like rear end, but looking at that waveform and I finally know its not. What a goddamn shame.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I want Kanye to tour for this album, but I know its going to be a lot of money for good tickets :(. $100 for Bowery room tonight? drat

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

SafetyDancer posted:

So just to solidify that Kanye is the weirdest person on this earth, you should read this snippet of him interviewing Rihanna for Interview.
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/11/kanye_totally_weirds_rihanna_o.html

This is awesome.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

SafetyDancer posted:

Fergie really ruins the song for me. It's like Kanye tried and failed to get MIA, then tried Santogold, then finally said gently caress it and scraped the bottom of the barrel by asking Fergie to do an imitation of what she thought MIA sounded like. Goddamn, those lyrics are terrible to boot.

John Legend's lyrics on "Blame Game" is really something terrible too. Sucks because I actually think his voice adds to the song.

Wait are you telling me that is NOT MIA?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Does it matter anyway? The grammy's are the biggest joke. They don't mean anything.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I just skimmed through it and it sounds really weird! No Church in the Wild sounds really awesome so far, really liking that song.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Muck and Mire posted:

He did a song with Elton John too and it wasn't an Elton John song, ya dig. There aren't gonna be any disgusting wobbles on Kanye's next album

He literally posted on twitter that the Skrillex Cinema remix is a work of art.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

atrus50 posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress its happening http://www.kanyewest.com/wp-content/themes/kanyewest/1/

I don't even know what the gently caress but I'm totally there.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

http://pitchfork.com/news/50889-kanye-wests-new-slaves-projections-shut-down-in-houston-by-police/

One of the projections in Houston got shut down by the cops last night. Everyone was ordered to leave or be arrested for trespassing.

That's why Kanye is so angry!

Yup some of them were shut down here in Austin as well because he didn't have a permit. Nice going dude!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just listened to this. God drat yeezyyyyy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

thathonkey posted:

^ that was pretty much me with MBDTF

Same. I liked some of his singles like Gold Digger and stuff but I didn't really start to like him until Good Fridays and MBDTF. This album is even crazier because I thought he would keep going more and more bombastic but instead he chose this and it's awesome. So good that he's experimenting, kanye never gets boring (wtt was for the most part, boring).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

inSTAALed posted:

Go listen to it again. The more you do, the better it gets.

I listened to it a lot and it just wasn't doing anything at all for me save for a few tracks. :(

Also seeing people react to this album on facebook and twitter is hilarious. They literally don't know what to make of it or they're just calling it poo poo. Haha :allears:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
God I can't get enough of this album. Also I loving love Black skinhead, that song is so goddamn good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
After listening to the album a lot I still really like it, but you can definitely tell Kanye rushed the poo poo out of it (even confirmed in interviews). I wish he took a little more time to finish it because while it sounds great a lot of the lyrics are still bad but whatever its Kanye. The album is still a lot of fun to listen to and while its not really anything new, its pretty cool that Kanye went this direction.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

alansmithee posted:

And even if it wasn't "rushed", I don't think that it would've been Kanye's lyrics that would've changed much. He's always been average at best as a rapper with the ability to come up with some clever lines, and some really loving corny lines and that's what he is here. He just sells it a lot better than most rappers can (be it charisma, obliviousness, or whatever) and has the musical chops to surround his lines with top-notch production.

Oh yeah no doubt. Don't get me wrong here, I know Kanye is the corniest dude ever, but I the whole album feels rushed. But maybe that's just the point of the whole album. Also Can't Hold My Liquor is one of my fave tracks on this album now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That straight up looks like something out of a ps2 cutscene. Geez that Cg is so bad.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

That's if you manage to not have ticketmaster gently caress you. I'm going to try to go to the NYC show though. SO hard.

Edit: Am I reading that right no Kendrick at NYC?

Yeah I'm afraid of the crazy ticketmaster charges or even just the fact it's gonna be hard to even buy the tickets before they sell out in a section I want.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
God drat I forgot how much of a baby Yeezy can be about poo poo like this. Attacking Jimmy Kimmel loving :laffo:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Apparently he is mad because Kimmel made fun of him on his show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_O6QrdsP38

LEATHER JOGGING PANTS. WHERE ARE THE LEATHER JOGGING PANTS!!!!!!!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

GET MONEY posted:

Are you so possessed by the system that you don't recognize his points w/r/t racism and classism in media, high society, and the creative arts, as well as the inherent wrongs of unchecked paparazzi?

I recognize his points but getting that mad over a dumb joke is pretty bad. But thats Kanye.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

reflex posted:

Has anyone ever looked back on a concert tee purchase and said "I'm so glad I did that"?

When I saw LCD soundsystem's last show I bought 2 shirts and still wear them. But those were awesome shirts.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Scorched Spitz posted:

How about you actually give me a reason the horns in the song don't suck? All I've been getting is that they're just so obviously great and they make the crowd go wild. Well just because people mosh at a Family Values tour, that doesn't mean those lineups aren't comprised of bands riding some of the worst trends in rock. Those horns are monotonous as gently caress and completely flat-sounding. They're the most prominent element of a six-minute song and they sound like a moron's definition of avant-garde, taking something lovely and selling it as genius. You're really gonna sit here and tell me that anything made by Beats by the Pound is worth salvaging?

Sorry i still cant believe this was a real post :lol:

The beat loving owns.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeezus was a better album than Watch the Throne. I will fight you.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just an aside but I loving hate theophilus london, I saw him perform this year at SXSW and it was god awful.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'll just pretend it's a retcon award for Sea Change.

It seemed like a recognition award more than anything to be honest. Like oh right Beck still exists I guess.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Kanye put up a video of All Day on his vevo channel and its up on itunes, but the label or someone has already brought down the video again. This poo poo has been so annoying, like even going after the Brit Awards performance as well is so loving annoying.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I have I'm just saying the label has been making this whole release pretty frustrating.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeezus is amazing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Where the HECK is swish

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
1. yeezus
2. graduation
3. mbdtf
4. college dropout