Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
That was pretty loving amazing. The whole last verse is awesome, and The Next Episode reference at the end was a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I didn't understand a single thing about that movie, especially why there was a three minute long outro to Runaway that was completely incomprehensible.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Bubble Bathory posted:

Are you guys serious? The chorus to All Of The Lights is about the dynamics of celebrity, and Kanye's verses are allegory for the music game. Thought it was kinda obvious, what else would he be fixating on.

I only really skip So Appalled, the rest of them are so drat good, like all of them.
Blame Game did have to grow on me.
Yea, I was definitely under the impression that All of the Lights is another "hip-hop personified" song, like Common's I Used to Love H.E.R. and Em's 25 to Life. The girl that he hits is Taylor Swift, and Kanye just spent the last year away from the game. When he gets back, other rappers have taken his spot (maybe Drake, as a specific example).

And then Fergie's verse is just completely pointless, but that's to be expected because she's loving Fergie.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

T-Pain isn't on the album. You're thinking of The Good Life from Graduation.

The MTV Awards performance of Stan is literally the only other time Elton John has worked with a rapper.

Also, Sir Elton should have done one chorus of So Appalled. Preferably right after RZA's.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Awesome, another tour not coming to Florida. gently caress :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

KidDynamite posted:

Does Illest Motherfucker Alive really start with 3 minutes of dead air? That's going to be annoying to play in the car. Good song too.

Assuming you use iTunes, right click the track, hit Get Info, go to Options, set Start Time to 3:00. No more dead air.

Album is sick. Some of the beats are so good that I just want to vibe out to the them on loop all day. Niggas in Paris would've benefited from not having the switch in the last minute though. I'd have loved another verse from Jay. His first is probably the hardest one on the album.

The only tracks I'm not really feeling are Lift Off and New Day. New Day has some of the best rhymes from Kanye, but the beat doesn't really work with his flow, and I don't really dig the All of the Lights-esque strings that come in at the end of the hook.

• Locked thread