Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wezlar
May 13, 2005

nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Geno posted:

lloyd banks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJMnzdUsTBk

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

40 lbs to freedom posted:

thats an uh... interesting opinion.

Kanye Wests top 5 MCs

2. Nicki Minaj
5. Lloyd Banks

Dude is amazing but his opinions are pretty much universally terrible.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Brett824 posted:

I think your list is off a bit.

Yeah, I thought he had himself at #1 because of his ego, but having Eminem at #1 in 2010 is actually an even worse opinion so it kind of proves my point.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Final Fart Buttball posted:

The production is questionable but Kanye actually drops a decent verse, slightly better than on some of his own songs recently.

edit - Pharrell produced it right? I haven't heard a good beat out of him in 100 rap years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_vrzuh0xKU

Possibly the best beat of 2009

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Himuro posted:

6 times. And egotistical penis stroking. Being egotistical and introspective are two different things.

I don't like Kid Cudi. He's another rapper who attempts to be artistic and deep but doesn't have the talent or means for it.

I'm more of a Common/Nas/De La Soul man.

What he's telling you is that Kid Cudi wrote half the songs on 808s and Heartbreaks.

But you don't like him because he isn't deep and has no talent I guess?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

nevermind

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I thought the video for Monster lacked most of the songs intensity. Considering everything they could have done with a video for that song I was pretty disappointed.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Now we can live the dream of a Kanye/system of a down/LMFAO/chief Sosa track coproduced by young chop and manny fresh

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Dude is just desperately trying to get them to give him that Album of the Year Grammy at this point. He's probably never going to make a classic lp again.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I think MBDTF is an album that has a bunch of good songs but turned out to be overall pretty forgettable. Like I actually forgot what half of the tracks on the album were.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

He probably just kept it in even after he realized it was wrong because it sounds good

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

What songs is Kendrick doing? I feel like he could put together at least a 10 song setlist with the proper ups and downs for a stadium show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

SgtScruffy posted:

Money Trees
Backseat Freestyle
m.A.A.d. city (2nd verse)
The Art of Peer Pressure
(Intro only)
Fuckin' Problems
(A$AP Rocky cover)
Swimming Pools (Drank)
Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe
(remix)
Poetic Justice
m.A.A.d city (1st verse)
Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst
Compton
Freestyle

DC was awesome... for the most part. I feel like in some songs, Kanye had SUPER high energy and was jumping around the stage, and was rapping with a ton of emotion and meaning... but he would do that for songs that didn't really need that. And then, when songs that actually had anger and energy in the lyrics, he would just sorta stand there emotionless.

He literally stood still and didn't move the entire time he did POWER, for God's sake!

He should replace Sing for Me and m.A.A.d city 2nd verse with Michael Jordan and HiiiPower. I feel like that would be a better setlist. Or Collard Greens and HiiiPower. Or something like that.

• Locked thread