Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Don't forget that he's also a gay fish :v:

But seriously, I listened to that new track with Beyonce a few nights ago. It was actually weird hearing him without auto tune again after 808s. Wasn't a particularly strong track, but I'm still interested to see how this new album is going to turn out.

Watching that clip of the Power video now. Holy poo poo, he really is insane. And 21st Century Schizoid Man is not at all a track I'd expect Kanye West to sample.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Anal Volcano posted:

Here's the studio version of the song from the VMAs: http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2010/09/13/kanye-west-runaway/

Not the strongest we've heard, but it's... uh... interesting.

I thought it was just as good as Power :shobon:

It's got me even more excited for the new album now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ouch.

AllHipHop posted:

Kanye West Springs A Leak
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 2:47 PM

Kanye West’s new album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, has hit the internet in a way that the rapper probably isn’t pleased with.

The version of the opus in circulation is a clean version with no profanity.

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/11/09/22476499.aspx

Looks like I'll be waiting til retail to hear this in its entirety, despite how much I want to listen to it now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Brett824 posted:

Well I was attempting to avoid the Chris Rock ending spoiler if anyone was saving themselves til the actual album came out.

I honestly like the outro after a couple listens. It's like a skit from CD or LR except well executed.

He was on the album's Wiki on the list of collaborators when I checked yesterday. Although I just checked, and that list has been removed :(

There was somebody else that I remember being surprised to see on there, but I can't remember who and I can't check it now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I couldn't wait til retail :shobon:

Album's great so far. This is definitely one I'll be blasting in my car.

Is this leak the retail version or is anything likely to change between this version and the 22nd?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Regnevelc posted:

His twitter said he just finished the album today....

So then this isn't the final version?

Favorites so far are All Of The Lights, Monster, Power, So Appalled...hell, they're all my favorite. This album loving rules.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

stratdax posted:

Runaway is phenomenal. Really emotional for me.

Listening to it now and the surprise after the main verses just kicked in. Didn't really expect this, and I'm loving every second of it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Blame Game is much better on the album than the minute or two long preview I heard of it a few weeks ago on YouTube. That's to be expected, but still. When I heard that the song sampled Aphex Twin and featured John Legend, I had high hopes for it. Then that preview didn't sound great, but this is totally restoring my faith in it.

edit: Woah, Lost In The World is blowing me away too. drat. Every track on this album is massive.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 12, 2010

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Superchunk posted:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14880-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy/

Holy. loving. poo poo.

I understand Pitchfork is just one of many popular and influential music websites, but a 10.0 from them is unheard of. :golfclap: Kanye. Let's all have a toast to the douchebags.

:lol: Wow.

I was joking with a friend that this would happen a week or so ago, but I didn't actually expect it to. Bravo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Otis isn't half as good as H.A.M. :( Pretty disappointed. On one hand, this album is getting quite a bit of hype. On the other hand, this first single is pretty lame and H.A.M. has been moved to bonus track status which doesn't make a lot of sense to me since that track is loving massive. The rest of the album better be as great as a lot of people are hoping it will be.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listening to it now (just got done Illest Motherfucker Alive and just started Why I Love You), and I'm really enjoying it. It doesn't sound like it'll be as replayable as My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, but a lot of the verses are ridiculous and I dig the flow.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kanye West, Big Sean & Skrillex :psyboom:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Holding out for that supposed Burial produced track. Would die to hear Kanye rapping over some sweet London dub.

Ohhh god I forgot all about that. That would be the sweetest thing ever :flashfap:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

atrus50 posted:

the updated body count of people who have been shipped to paris/london/hawaii/los angeles for LP6

Lupe Fiasco
Mos Def
A$AP Rocky
The Heatmakerz
Hudson MoHawke
Jeff Bhasker
Rick Ross
Azealia Banks
88-Keys
Mr Hudson
Daft Punk
The-Dream
Burial
Zomby
Justice
Diplo
M.I.A.
LMFAO
Cassius
Jay Electronica
Swedish House Mafia
Detail
James Blake
S1
Skrillex
Mannie Fresh
Theophilus London
Florence Welch
2 Chainz
Future
Ellie Goulding
Jadakiss
No I.D.
Hit-Boy
KeY Wane
System of a Down
Justin Bieber
Frank Ocean
Tyler, The Creator
TNGHT
RZA
Young Chop
Chief Keef

whoops forgot Will Smith, Pusha-T, D'banj and probably a half dozen others

Holy gently caress :stonk:

This is going to be a hell of a record....

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If you think AotL is a mess, you haven't heard the same song I have hundreds of times.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I wasn't aware that there was a "worst track on that album". I genuinely enjoy every song on that one and have since I first heard it at the end of 2010 v:shobon:v

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I actually hated POWER for ages. I'm not sure if I still do. But I did.

Play Saints Row The Third and you definitely won't.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New Kanye West and new Boards of Canada within just a few days of each other. This is the best fuckin' year.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HorseRenoir posted:

http://wp.me/pUq7A-edj

Two new clips from the new album. Sounds weird and dark as hell.

I wish I could tell that from those clips but that sound quality is loving abysmal.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

the_american_dream posted:

I keep seeing this and really need to listen to 808 and Heartbreaks. I completely skipped that one being tired of autotune and rebelling against Kanye's less reliance on samples

(yes I know 808 had samples too but I mean the soul/words in the sample samples)

Listen to this one right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkioh25AoCU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

the_american_dream posted:

I like that but I think i'd love it if it was The Dream or someone. I guess I just dont want to hear a cd of Kanye singing v:frogbon:v

Eh, I don't blame you. I don't think it's his best work, but I do really like it. It's more of a mood album, though. I can't just listen to it whenever. I have to be in the right mindset to really enjoy it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

atrus50 posted:

I am a god is slated to drop on friday! whoop whoop

...the new album? What was "June Eighteen" about then? :stare:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Masonic Youth posted:

That's the single. 6/18 is the album.

Oh, okay. Well that's great news! Are there any guest stars on this track?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thathonkey posted:

You mean features?

That's essentially the same thing as what I said, right?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thathonkey posted:

I was just giving you a hard time; "guest star" is typically TV vocabulary for an actor not normally on the show and it sounded a bit weird. "Features" or simply "guests" would be most appropriate for rap :)

I should know that by now due to the amount of rap I'm exposed to. I mean, I live in New Orleans for gently caress's sake :doh:

Guess I just slipped up! Haha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Those visuals are loving crazy. Reminds me of when Shoshanna projects herself in the movie theater at the end of Inglorious Basterds. I'd probably be freaked the gently caress out if I was just walking by a building and saw that come on.

Song sounds good, though. I'm sure the studio version sounds way better.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

No loving way :stare:

:lol:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

poo poo, I didn't get to see the episode when it aired so I'm watching the videos of the two songs on Dailymotion. Black Skinhead is off the loving chain, Yeezus Christ :psyboom:

That one easily surpasses some of the stuff on MBDTF.

And New Slaves sounds way better than it did projected on a building wall. The bass is nuts and the visuals are crazy for this as well.

This has me way too hyped for the album :ohdear:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I hope "Black Skinhead" has slightly less vocal distortion on the album version.

Why? That was one of the coolest parts!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

We now have the official album art

Interesting...

So is the actual CD case gonna look like that? All scratched up and torn? And will the outline of the CD actually be the outline of the CD, and the gold foil is just that shape on top of the CD and not actually a full album art insert? Or is all of that just the art insert and the case/CD are going to look different?

Either way, it's badass. I like the rebellious style he seems to be going with on this one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

rear end was loving hilarious the first time I heard it, before it even became a single on the radio. I didn't quite know what to make of it. I thought it was a novelty act. I couldn't stop laughing for like half an hour straight.

Then it got played 20 times a day, censored, on the rap stations around here :ughh:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

http://www.youredm.com/2013/05/19/kanye-west-debuts-black-skinhead-produced-by-daft-punk/

I posted this in the Daft Punk thread, but I'll post it here too:

The writer of an upcoming Rolling Stone article on Daft Punk confirms that Daft Punk produced Black Skinhead.

:swoon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What about the Skrillex track?!?!? :supaburn:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

http://pitchfork.com/news/50889-kanye-wests-new-slaves-projections-shut-down-in-houston-by-police/

One of the projections in Houston got shut down by the cops last night. Everyone was ordered to leave or be arrested for trespassing.

That's why Kanye is so angry!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aw man, apparently I missed a projection in downtown New Orleans tonight :( I know exactly where the building is, but I didn't know about it. Oh well. It's just New Slaves again, right? I've seen video of the previous projections and I've already heard the song. Still would've made a cool photo op, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Album on one drive yeah right

Ahahahahaha, that would be so Kanye though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

WTT could have just been Niggas in Paris on a one hour loop and I'd be cool with that

Well when they played live, they'd play it like 8 times in a row, so that's basically what it was.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I still need to get a copy of Cruel Summer one of these days. I've heard Mercy and Clique like a hundred times each, but I don't know...I knew it had been released at some point, but I just never actually got a hold of it. I really enjoyed WTT and like Mercy and Clique, so is it safe to say that I'll like the rest of the album? I'm a fan of Kanye collaborating with everyone in the known universe.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is so loving dope. God drat, why can't this album come out today :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So Daft Punk produced like 1/3rd of the album? :stare:

Nice!

Also, wow, that's a lot fewer guest artists than I was expecting. Wasn't he working with a ton more? I guess those all ended up as b-sides?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

The loving lyrics to I Am A God :psyduck:

If you're looking for more Kanye West basically being an insane person this albums seems perfect so far

This is exactly what I want out of this album :neckbeard:

Starting to listen now. Oh god, I haven't been this stoked since I first listened to the RAM leak.

e: Oh my god, can Daft Punk please produce all hip-hop until the end of time?

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 14, 2013

• Locked thread