Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008
I'm a 17 year old junior in high school looking towards quitting and getting my GED either to enter college early or do something more productive than high school for a year. My SAT scores are well above average so I should be able to pass the GED easily.

I'm a year old for my grade (parents started me in school late), so I'll be 18 if I enter college next year. So no worrying about the financial annoyances of being a minor in college.

I wouldn't want to miss my senior high school year except that I go to a private school with only a few people in my class. It's more like a "learning center" than a school I guess you could say..

Questions:
Would getting my GED after this semester (first half of junior year) be a good idea? I'm not sure what I would do with the rest of the year.. can one start ACC courses mid-year? Otherwise I suppose I could do volunteer work or get a job. Half a year of volunteer work wouldn't be bad for college applications

That brings up another issue.. is it very likely I'd be able to apply to colleges for next year? What's the latest time of year I could send stuff in?
And if I did do volunteer work/ACC courses instead of finishing out my junior year, I guess I couldn't put that on my transcript

Fake edit: Just talked to my mom and she says it might be best to apply to colleges first, and if they're interested in me, THEN take the GED. Reason being the GED is really just a technicality and all the colleges can tell from me taking it is that I'm not a complete dumbass, so it wouldn't factor into their decision. This would mean I wouldn't have to drop out of school before hand (can't take it if you're currently enrolled). True?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008
What are some things that helped you to be more organized in how you spend your time? I'm looking for some tried and true tips, not books that will overload me or anything.

I guess I should start by writing down exactly what I have to do in a given day, before I do anything. What else? How should I get myself to even do this?

My problem is much more organization/distraction than motivation.

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008

Keatonguy posted:

Here's a really stupid question: What's the deal with FYAD? Is it a circlejerk of obscure inside jokes or is it just the nonsensical shitpost extravaganza? I really feel like I should know this by now, but I want to make sure.

Here's another question about somethingawful nonsese: what's with the little bit of text everyone's got beneath their name?

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008
19 y/o girlfriend got a PODP and minor in possession. Can she get these removed from her record and will it cause any problems if she wants to transfer to another university?

I'm guessing it's not a big deal.

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008
Legal question: My 19 y/o girlfriend got a MIPS. Can she get it removed somehow without hiring a lawyer? What are her options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008
What is the cheapest way to ship large audio equipment? Specifically a floor standing speaker, a 12" subwoofer, and a reciever