Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I need to not post before I have had coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Who/what should I call when I find something blocking the road, like a downed tree or a massive half-pulped deer. I'd imagine that whoever I would call would vary depending on if it was a highway, interstate, or local road, but I don't know who that would be for each category.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Kind of an odd one, but can anybody tell me what genre/type of book I'm thinking of? They had a simple plot to them, and it was completely linear, but each page had a bunch of stuff to do on it. "The evil wizard trapped you can you find all 7 keys to escape?" type stuff. Find the path through the Canyons of Woe! They were really beautifully illustrated for the most part. A glorified Where's Waldo, but I really enjoyed those books as a kid.

I remember one book in particular, it had 3 separate stories in it. One was about fighting a dragon I think, the other had a wizard that could shapeshift? Last one was something about aliens?

I think my little brother would absolutely love something like those for Christmas, but I don't even know where to start when it comes to finding one.

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 22, 2011

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
But the CYOA's I've seen are all text-based. These books were more focused on the illustrations, if that makes any sense. Great big glossy illustrations. And it was completely linear.

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 22, 2011

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Sounds like aurora to me, but I don't think it extends that far north usually. Wiki says that solar storms/flares can make them extend farther towards the equator. Do you know the year it happened?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Danny Bro Pty Ltd posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say... between 2002 and 2004. It was when my parents were still married but before we moved, and before my father when to Saudi Arabia. That's as close as I can remember.

That period of time was at the high point of the sunspot cycle, so it very well could have been aurora. Or aliens :tinfoil:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Full range of motion, 6 degrees of freedom (6DOF), sometimes "spaceship controls" or "airplane controls" but those don't have the lateral Y axis free so it's a bad term. There's so few games that have it, that nobody really came up with a single term to classify them.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Words have cultural context to them. It really depends on where you're going to be saying it. If you're unsure, err on the side of caution. "Mixed-race" is neutral almost everywhere, as far as I know.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I am a socially retarded manbaby that wants to get a tan (at a tanning salon). What does this entail? I'm sick of being so pale as to being transparent. I don't want to go super bronze, just enough to have some color on me.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I mostly want to get a tan to improve my complexion. I'm talking albino cave creature looking skin. I'm also hoping that maybe it might help my mood a bit, since my schedule doesn't let me see the sun much.

(I am not actually an albino)

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I already do take vitamin D :sun:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I don't know if it is the change in weather, if they changed the formula, or some other random thing, but I've noticed that my current deodorant/antiperspirant doesn't work for poo poo anymore. Like many goons, I turn into a sweaty greaseball almost immediately after exposure to the sun. So I was wondering if anybody had some good recommendations for a lady's deodorant/antiperspirant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

hooah posted:

Is the webcomic "The Oatmeal" currently having troubles for anyone else? I can't seem to get the images to load on either Firefox or Chrome.

Loading just fine for me on Firefox. Probably is just a local issue closer to your end than theirs?