Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Travelling with a small child through airports soon and was wondering if there would be any issues regarding formula powder and carrying hot water inside a metal thermos as part of my carry on luggage, and if there was, what can be done to feed my baby but still meet airport guidelines? Was also wondering about strollers and if there would be any issues in trying to carry them through airports. Would there be any issues there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Taeke posted:

Sounds almost insulting in its simplicity, but a lot of people somehow don't think of or don't want to do this: have you tried giving the airports a call and ask them? In my experience these are the kind of questions whatever helpdesk person you get is trained to answer.

That's fair. I just asked here first because I figure the wait time to talk to a person at a helpdesk would be longer than asking anyone here who might have gone through the same experience.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I've noticed black stuff forming in my shower and I'm wondering how I can get rid of it, and how I can maintain my bathroom so that it doesn't happen again?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Is there a way to repel Possums from my property? I live in a relatively urban area but seeing a possum climb up and down my porch and rush towards the backyard freaked my wife out a bit.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

How does a left handed person write with a pen on their notebook without causing smudges on the page or on their pinkie finger?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

How can one curb one's snoring in the long and short term? I roomed with someone recently and tried to wait till they slept but apparently my snoring was loud enough to wake them up and force them to move to another room.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I was wearing a Kenneth Cole Reaction tie while changing my newborn who soon after peed on my tie. Soap and water to the tie should get it clean right?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Trying to reserve some movie tickets for next saturday (5/26) but all I see available are seats for Solo. I tried checking across multiple theatres and this is still the only movie I see. Is it due to the memorial day weekend and I am screwed out of being able to pre order seats or should I wait a couple of more days and more movies will pop up?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

fishmech posted:

What site are you using? Might try to go to a specific theater chain's service to look for others.

Also some of the theaters out there only let you reserve 6 or 7 days in advance outside of certain big events. You might need to just wait til this Saturday.

fandango.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

When trying to pump gas, it'll start and stop a couple of times. The stopping isn't due to a full tank since I've checked one time when this happen to see the tank only partially full. I've turned my phone off, touched metal, don't smoke while pumping so I'm wondering what the cause for my intermittent pauses in my pumping gas might be.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

My computer mouse is giving me issues in regards to trying to copy and paste items from website to Word. I'm even having trouble just highlighting the parts that I want to copy. Pointing and clicking is all well and good but I don't understand what that particular task is giving me so much trouble. I've even replaced the battery in the mouse and copying and pasting is impossible.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

kedo posted:

Is it one specific website, or all websites? Are you able to copy and paste from other sources besides this website? Can you share a link?

There are many tools web developers can use to prevent you from interacting with content with your mouse. If whoever built the site decided to do that, there's not a quick and easy way to copy the text without diving into your browser's developer tools.

Easybib.com is the website giving me difficulty though I haven't tried to do the same with other websites. There is an option for copy to clipboard but that seems unneccesary since I can just copy and paste it directly into the word document I need. Copying and pasting seems to work fine so I'm guessing it was a mouse issue since changing the batteries was the only thing that changed from the time of my original post. Thanks for the help, anyways.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Got into a small car accident where just minor scratches and slight dents happened. We traded contact information, insurance information and car information. How does one proceed after this?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

As a hypothetical, If you find that your parents have died of natural causes, how do you go from finding them to then putting them to rest into graves? Do I call the police or the local hospital for them to pick them up to officially declare them dead? And then call a funeral home to pick them up?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

For the Present Progressive Form, for one syllable words that ends with a vowel+consonant, you double the consonant.

Example: Run becomes Running in the present progressive form.

So why isn't Rain rainning? Is rain not a one syllable word?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

How does one go about becoming a flight attendant? Do the individual airlines have schools for this or is there a general school that one can go to, and then apply to airlines afterwards?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

My in law turned to me to help with their laptop problems in that they couldn’t attach their word document to their email because they couldn’t connect to gmail from their browser. Whenever the browser (ie) was clicked, a pop up window known as Verizon Family Protection popped up, saying that they needed to log in before continuing. I tried restarting but the pop up still appeared. I tried restarting it but that was unsuccessful as I tried opening ie and the computer froze on me. Could anyone guess what the issue might be? Would the Verizon program, even though one is not logged in, prevent it from accessing gmail? I asked if anything was changed with the laptop but was told that nothing changed and it stopped working a week ago.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

How could I do that if the laptop is a netbook with no internal cd drives and it cannot access the internet?

I think that this post may sound flippant but I genuinely would not know how to proceed.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Tried making pancakes but didn't have eggs. What part does eggs play in pancakes?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

What’s a good car product to get rid of scratches from a car’s exterior?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I can't get the top left information about my tv off of my samsung tv. Can anyone help?

https://imgur.com/e4isHBz

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

Going to ask stupid questions first.

Does it stay on the screen if you reboot the TV?

Do you have a DVR or cable box that you watch live TV through? Are you able to change channels? Does it stay on screen if you change channels? Does it stay on screen if you change input?

Is this a menu through the TV interface that was accessed by either physical buttons or with a remote? Is there a menu or exit button on the remote?

If by reboot, you mean turn on and off the television, yes it's still there. It'll appear for a couple of minutes before disappearing.

Yes, I have a cable box to watch TV through and I can change channels. I paid attention earlier today and noticed that it appeared on the screen regardless of the input.

I believe that a menu was accessed through the TV interface through the remote. There are multiple menus and an exit button. Pushing the exit/return button does not remove this informational part of the screen.

quote:

It's probably in store demo mode

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/...ng/TSG01201503/

Thank you. I am frantically trying to remember the make and model of my tv to solve this problem.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Thank you. This was the issue.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Tried two different blu ray players and different discs for both and it's just not reading the discs. I keep getting the "disc not found" error. Dvds will play ok but not blu rays for some reason.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Can anyone recommend a good, lightweight golf bag that is not a pitch and putt bag?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Can anyone suggest a good string trimmer/(leaf) blower combo? A lot of the things listed on amazon seem a bit pricey but I'm hoping to not have to shelve out too much for it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Are there generally issues with Lenovo adapters? Mines seems so sensitive that it will disconnect and not charged even while being plugged in.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

edit: nvm

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

How does one add a twitter or instagram feed to a discord server?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

One of the prongs on my surge protector broke off into a wall outlet. How can I pull out the lodged prong safely?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

What does Italian Birthday cake taste like?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Is that the name of a specific type of cake? Is there a particular cake that Italians are known for serving at birthday parties? :confused:

The aforementioned cake was placed near a Red Velvet Cake and an Italian Cheesecake so I thought it was a popular cake type that was well known like a Red Velvet or a Cheesecake. Maybe not.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Is there a comparable battery to dl 2032? My car key fob needs it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Is there a good website or app to train oneself to learn excel?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I want to buy a laminator. Any suggestions? Also should I wait for a better model or is it okay to buy one now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Thanks for the laminator information