Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Hello everyone,

Can anyone direct me to a thread here where I can ask a question about a rose I purchased from a florist? I would like to know about the quality of the flower so anyone that prepares roses as gifts would be useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Ther horticulture thread in HCH is where all the cool plant nerds hang out and someone there might be able to help depending on what you want to know.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3951612

Thank you, I’ll ask there.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I went to school in the early 80s and this theory was definitely well established. We had a big red poster on the wall close to me and I often stared at the (comically oversized) asteroid smashing into the earth.

Out of interest I read about the theory a bit and it was first seriously pushed in the early 50s based on geological evidence. In the 80s geologists were joined by chemists and physicists who did testing on sites around the world and confirmed the original studies.

Poor raptors.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Does anyone recall that quote that says “There is a reason the experts haven’t used the obvious solution you thought up”? Only more eloquently.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Does anyone have any handy tips for using contact lenses?

I can get them out ok, a bit more practice and it should present no problems, but getting them in is a nightmare. I cant help flinching away and even the handling of them before I put them in is a nightmare.

Also, is it possible to get "practice" lenses? A lot of places here seem to sell novelty colored ones but I want to make sure I'm not sticking in something I should not.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Good advice,

Thank you both.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Can anyone tell me what word I am thinking of?

"*** of management duties", the word being "I did them while he was away".

I just cant seem to remember it. (It's not assumption is it?)

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Went with Assumed, it sounded better in bullet points.

Thank you everyone!

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Hello all.

Is anyone familiar with Padlets? I have been trying to post some stuff to one today but the the big pink "+" that lets you open an area to post to is missing.

I've tried restarting the padlet and the laptop
I've tried another laptop
I've confirmed with my tutor I have all the access I need

None of the other 20 people posting are having any issues.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Has anyone read that Alien: River of pain book?

I understand it’s part three of a series and covers the events between Alien and Aliens, it sounds interesting but not interesting enough to read all four books. Can I read it and “get the point”?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
You know how your Xbox one console stops working so you watch a YouTube video on how to take the cover off to blow the dust out?

How do you get the cover to fit back on. I’ve tried swearing, swearing louder, muttering and threats of groin kicking.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Two silly questions:

If your name is Tom Smith and you have a son named Tom Smith, he would be Tom Smith junior. What if your name was Frank Smith, you named your son Tom and then years later changed your name to Tom? Would the son still be Tom junior or is their some other rule in regard to naming?

Also, why do I occasionally get can of coke that taste watery? Is there some cause such as storage or light exposure that could alter the taste? The can was still carbonated.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Does anyone have any experience with the “Smile club” tooth straightening products I keep seeing advertised?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

CzarChasm posted:

I saw one of those investigative news reports on Smile Direct in Canada. They had 4 people sign up, 1 person really needed straightening, two could maybe use some work and the fourth didn't need any kind of adjustment.

All 4 went in and saw a different rep for the consultation (from a salesman, not an actual dentist mind you). All 4 were recommended the plan. They all received the aligner trays after a few weeks (I think they were fitted by some kind of professional).

IIRC, the general consensus was that for the guy who really needed the work, there was some improvement after using the product as directed, the two middling people basically saw no change and the last guy didn't use it at all. And I also believe that at no point was an actual dentist involved, except maybe for the aligner fitting.

In short, if the report was to be believed, the product didn't really work as advertised and it was faster and more effective to go see an actual dentist.

ED: Found the video, it's only a year old. Didn't rewatch, so some info might be incorrect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMI3aT8jLs

Nice, thank you!

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Hi,

How does Spotify work? Do I pay for it and get sent a link or is it a download of some type.

Keep in mind I’m old and refuse to learn.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Extra row of tits posted:

Hi,

How does Spotify work? Do I pay for it and get sent a link or is it a download of some type.

Keep in mind I’m old and refuse to learn.

Nevermind, somehow I figured it out!

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Randomly, is anyone excited or even highly interested in the new Matrix movie?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
About Six months ago I played a VR game, I want to get it but can’t remember the name.

You start in a park at night and are told to make your way to a building in the distance. Monsters come at you from the side and you have glock like pistol to shoot them.

Another stage starts with you in a sewer, again monsters/zombies come at you from the side tunnels.

It has a resident evil sort of feel, and maybe the name is “mission” something.

Anyone know what I’m blathering about?

FAKE EDIT: Never mind, my absolutely zero interested in gaming partner put “vr monster shooting sewer” into google and found it in seconds,

Extra row of tits fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 18, 2021

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
The Brookhaven experiment

https://store.steampowered.com/app/440630/The_Brookhaven_Experiment/

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Does anyone know of a website or programme that will teach me how to play chess?

New player that knows very little.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

ninjoatse.cx posted:

This is the most newbie friendly tutorial I've found for people who know very little.

https://lichess.org/learn#/

It's also good to try some of the puzzles on lichess.org or chess.com

Thanks!

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Does anyone here have a qualification in biochemistry?

I have a question I need to ask and my tutor has gone AWOL.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Don't ask to ask, just ask. If someone knows, they'll answer.

Good point.

Keep in mind I'm new to this!

One of my lecture slide states that during a spontaneous process delta G decreases. I kinda assumed it would increase, its an exergonic reaction so isn't more energy available?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Hi!

I am trying to add a document to a word file (both are word) and am doing it the normal way via "insert object". This has always worked for me before, but this time when I insert the second file only the first page of that file in being put in, there are supposed to be 5 pages.

Anyone have any clever ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, it just magically worked the 37th time I did it.

Extra row of tits fucked around with this message at 11:23 on May 15, 2022

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
How do I stop my bike getting stolen without hiring an armed guard?

Giant padlock and literal chain?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

tuyop posted:

Assuming bicycle, get a couple of u-locks like the Kryptonite heavy ones. Follow their instructions about where to lock them on your bike. I've also used a bike alarm and it worked great to keep my accessories from being removed.

Hi, yes push bike sorry should have been clearer. I’ll look at the locks you suggest. I’ve had good locks before and the last one was supposed to be a high quality one but the thief got through it in literally 5 seconds.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Joan posted:

Is there a word for the phenomenon where people adopt accents when they sing and they tend to be associated with certain genres? Like the grunge accent, the Indie girl accent, or the Post Malone accent

My ex partner speaks with a Welsh accent.. her family is at least two generations removed, she's never been there, no one I ever met had an accent in her family and she didn't have the accent during the seven years we were together.

My cringe when I hear her talk is killing me.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
If im writing a question in a body of text, and its not a quote, do I need to put quote marks around it still?

Example:

When considered as the question Did the coach make the objectives of their session clear? The following comparisons can be made

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Does anyone have any idea how many times you can shave with a razor before you should change the head? Hard to find a straight answer online.

It’s one of those Gillette mark 3 duel blade ones.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Nice, thanks everyone

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
What is it like at a chuck e cheese restaurant?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I’m looking for a particular episode of the tv show “The boys”

It’s the one where Homelander is in the 7 tower and talks with Starlight and (I think) A train, giving them a speech on how he is disappointed in something they did and asking what they would do if they were him.

It’s within season one or two.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Is there a site that can build me a website that is ridiculously easy and fool proof for someone that thinks computers are magic?

I’d like to be able to stick videos on it and have buttons go to pages.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Is house of cards worth watching now that Kevin has got the boot?

I haven't seen any of it but don't want to start if it falls off a cliff.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
My Xbox one died, it was real old I got it when the Witcher was a new release.

What the deal with all these S and X series ones? How do I play the games I own already.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Dr. Stab posted:

I assume you mean The Witcher 3 (And not an Xbox you got in 2007).

Since then, Microsoft has released 4 new consoles:

Xbox One S/Xbox One X. Updated versions of the Xbox One. The Xbox One S is smaller than the original, and the Xbox One X is more powerful and some games can run better. These can all play the same games as your Xbox One.

Xbox Series S/Xbox Series X. This is a new console. It is backwards compatible with all games you can play on the Xbox One, excluding games that require Kinect. It can also play newer games that are marked as exclusive to Series X|S. It is also split into a less expensive but slower and a more expensive but faster version.

ta muchly

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
So in a desperate attempt to bring my rapid health failure to a halt I’ve decided to go vegetarian.

Someone point me in the right direction to start, there’s too much information out there.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
The idea of pre-prepared meals is very appealing to me (at least to start) I’m an ok cook assuming it’s meat and bog standard ‘tatoes.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Penguissimo posted:

In addition to what everybody else has said, you'll enjoy it a lot more if you explore foods that are naturally vegetarian (lots of Indian cuisines, for example) rather than just swapping meat substitutes for the meat in your existing diet.

That’s good advice!

Thanks everyone for the input (but feel free to post more if you have it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
What the hell word am I looking for?

It means “the clues to the big reveal in a movie that you see the second time you watch it”

Like in 21 jump street: when they take the drugs one of the, says “tastes like cool ranch”, later they talk to a teacher who is eating cool ranch doretos. He is later revealed to be the master mind and had just been with the drug sellers.

The clues
The hints

I’m sure there’s a drat word.