Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Is the proper term for someone who gives money to a charitable organization "donator" or "donor"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Who picks up the broken furniture that people leave by the curb? Most of that stuff looks too big to fit in garbage trucks, does the trash company send a special vehicle to pick it up, or does someone actually want a broken couch that smells bad and has a bunch of stains?

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
Is there any decent site out there that provides live road condition updates in an accessible format across multiple states? I'm planning a road trip tomorrow, and there's going to be a significant winter storm going through the area. I'm mainly looking for a solid picture of what specific major interstates are like so I can make an informed go/no go decision tomorrow morning, something that can tell the difference between "there's a bit of snow but traffic is going at highway speeds no problem" and "there is no way anyone sane will go over 30 MPH, good luck getting anywhere in any reasonable time frame." Does Google Maps do that with their traffic feature, or does that just measure number of cars?

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
Why are funnel cakes only served at concession stands and only during the summer? They seem fairly popular, and it's not like they are hard to make, why can't people buy them at bakeries or grocery stores?

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
Plus, you have to keep in mind that most of the people are there to do a job, and probably aren't interested in making friends or providing the same level of service as a cruise ship. I don't see the point unless you can't fly for some reason.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
I am looking to rent a PS4 for a week or two, but it seems like the only places that rent video game systems anymore are sketchy rent to own places that won't do anything less than a month and charge an insanely high price. Is there any place online that offers this service?

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
If she wants to be a professional, she should make sure the important photos "turn out". That's why good wedding photographers charge big bucks, it's a lot harder than it seems. Still, she isn't a professional and offered to do this for free, so it would be rude to insist on professional quality.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005

life is a joke posted:

Also re: change counters at banks, I'd like to warn yall that the free counters at citizens bank don't return non-american coins and they disappear into the machine without any credit or recognition (unlike coinstar which spits them out and has an unreadable/foreign line on the summary). I throw all my change, American or not, into the same dish. After a few trips I'd taken there were plenty of pound coins, euros, and misc others in there. I mean I know that I should have maybe considered that but the point of a coin sorting machine is convenience and sifting through all that for everything that's not a penny nickel dime or quarter takes that away. And i know them shits dont just end up in the trash so citizens or whoever maintains those machines made $100+ off me, for that kind of scratch I'd rather roll it myself.

It's not exactly a common issue, most people in the US don't deal with foreign currency outside of occasionally getting a Canadian coin in their change. They probably ended up in the trash, since sometimes people throw random crap into their pile of coins, and the machine needs to filter it out.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005

Baron Porkface posted:

What elements make a Five Guys burger superior to a Mcdonalds burger?

Higher quality ingredients is the main thing. It's impossible to get high quality beef in the quantities and prices McDonald's needs, so they aim for a consistent and acceptable quality. It's the same principle as Bud Light, make a ton of it, make it all taste the same, and make it affordable.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
The person she spoke to at the credit card company is incompotent. She should call them back and say that she wants to file a dispute or chargeback on the charges. They have a legal obligation to do this, if they refuse, look at the statement, there should be fine print about how to report billing errors in writing. While on the phone with the credit card company, she can also request a new card number, which will stop the automatic charges. She should still contact Disney to cancel though, or else they may try to collect.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
I have to wonder, where would RT fall on that chart? I guess bottom center since they give both liberal and conservative conspiracy theories significant airtime.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
It's extremely common in the south, but they put it on ice and add lots of sugar.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
Just go to a copy shop or library and use their printer.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
He'd make the pick, but both houses of Congress would have to confirm it.

Konstantin fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 21, 2017

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005

Shoren posted:

My girlfriend wants to visit the Philippines in July (specifically Palawan) for her birthday. I know there are travel advisories for the Philippines (including Palawan), so how bad of an idea is it to plan a vacation there?

It should be fine, the civil unrest is only in certain parts of Mindanao.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

I see those JG Wentworth commercials are back. How badly do they screw people over on structured settlements?

This story provides a good overview, although it only focuses on lead paint settlements in Baltimore. I'm sure the same tactics are used across the nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
Is there a specific word to describe someone who actively harms their home country to support a foreign government? I think "traitor" is too strong, as the person in question has no particular duty or loyalty to their home country other than being a citizen. "Spy" implies a formal relationship with the foreign government, which doesn't apply here. Terms like "shill" and "toady" could work, but I'm looking for something a bit more formal.